Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
rrr-movie-title-title.gif

What kind of gameplay and structure would be the best fit?

I actually think this would be the way for Tekken brawler-style gameplay ( as seen in the PS2 game Urban Reign below) to make a strong return.

The heightened nature of the movie resonated with many because of the earnestness and heart of the lead protagonists' portrayals, and having that story as the basis of the game would fit well with simultaneously absurd yet brutal and relatively grounded combat of Urban Reign:

MLogvj0.gif

It is not merely the characters' actions themselves that made RRR amazing, but also the effects of those moves/attacks, and having an over-the-top, yet consistent series of enemy hit reactions and physics would go a long way in helping the game capture the essence of the film.

There would also need to be co-op, horse and motorcycle gameplay, and unlockable lore of the revolutionaries portrayed on the movie.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe explain wtf is RRR to begin with. I assume its a Bollywood movie?

Crespo

Oct 27, 2017
At the very least, I'd need to be able to snap my suspenders on my shoulders.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't you the guy who wants every game to turn into those two gifs?

I'm not disagreeing or anything tho, I'd play the hell out of it.

OP
OP
Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't you the guy who wants every game to turn into those two gifs?

Yes.

Maybe explain wtf is RRR to begin with. I assume its a Bollywood movie?

There was a thread here

www.resetera.com

The wildest, most magnificent movie of the year came out this weekend: RRR — don’t sleep on this [Up: Now on Netflix]

Rise. Roar. Revolt. Okay so seriously. This is a 3 hour long historical fiction epic set near the beginning India’s fight for independence. It’s got two heroes, fighting on opposite sides of the war, played by actors who apparently are big in India but who both deserve to be worldwide badass...

I figured people who don't know what RRR is wouldn't know what they want from the game, and if they wanted to know they could just google 🤷‍♂️

Furiously googling RRR...

Okay seems interesting. Dunno if I'd want a game though.

Yes, you do.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
Platinum Games feels to me like the only developer who can translate the vibes of movies like RRR and Baahubali into the playable experiences.

So basically more Bayonetta or MGR style games pls and thank you.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza/Judgment style.

I mean, the Heat actions and wild tone of the main story and substories could work. Have yet to see RRR outside of clips but it looks like a blast, I love those kind of movies.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i thought this was about rock and roll racing and some modern equivalent of it

i have no idea what the fuck you actually mean so uhhh i hope it works out exactly how you want op

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I only got about 10 minutes in before I had to stop watching cuz it was so corny.

So I'd want it to be vaporware.

Fitz

Oct 25, 2017
Early on I was thinking a Musou, but something like the combat of the Arkham games or Spider-man would be on the money. With an emphasis on mobility, and break it up with DDR mini-game segments.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I just recently watched RRR

Fantastic movie

I would love a game version that would be exactly like sleeping dogs

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
RRR is the most Yakuza movie of all time, featuring burly men bromance who take of their shirts and fight, multiple dramatic plots, they literally fire up at one point and dude uses a motorcycle as a weapon.

It would have to be Ryu Go Gotoku. There's nothing else.