Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the go to mic everyone uses for PC gaming these days while using separate nice headphones?

Is it still a Zalman clip on?

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the budget. I'm currently rocking one from Antlion, one of the best under 100 I'd say.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Honestly, you're fine going and looking online 'Best PC headsets 2019' or something.

I would still recommend the Blue Snowball if you can get it for like £30 or so. I started with the Blue Yeti but then moved into XLR setups.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this: TONOR Mic/Pop Filter/Scissor Arm/Shock Mount about 10 months ago and it's worked great for me. Doesn't require phantom power to work and audio quality is great for the $30 price tag, it also attaches to my desk and can be rotated out of the way so I don't have to worry about it being in my face or on my headphone 24/7. Something to think about if you're fine with mounting something.

Last edited:

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
i bought 2 yetis and both got fried due to static shock. wearing cotton and on carpet is bad :(
i moved to xlr condenser mic and nvr look back. no more worry of static charhe killing my mic. well i move to a place without no carpets too now.

for budget, why not just get headset with buildin mic? like the hyper x cloud etc stuff?

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Fifine K669B is only about $30 and is pretty solid. Linus tech tips has a video where he recommends it over a few other mics.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
I'd say the Zalman one you mentioned or Antlion ModMic/V-moda BoomPro for convenience. Don't buy a Blue Yeti or whatever for online gaming as no one cares what you sound like anyway.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Been using a Zalman clip on for the past 11 years. Had to replace it twice, but at $8 a piece? Who cares.