BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
aunt-may-breast-cancer.jpg

From today's issue of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #1

Peter can tell something is wrong, so he tries to follow Aunt May on her journey through the city to get to the bottom of things. However, a couple of school bullies distract him from his primary objective of privacy snooping. We do see Aunt May head to the McCarthy Medical Insitute, where inside the hospital walls we learn the startling news that Aunt May found a lump, meaning she could potentially have breast cancer.

https://www.cbr.com/friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-aunt-may-breast-cancer/

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Peter had better hook back up with MJ fast, he's gonna need a marriage to sacrifice to Satan really soon.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Right in the headline. I didn't even have a chance to get to the store today first.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like to point out that "One more day" happened ten years ago and here we are again.

On a serious note, I am curious to see how the story line will play out and what their plan for Aunt May for, will they kill her off and then bring her back? Will she once again find out that Peter is Spider-Man?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Alright Marvel geniuses, y'all have built advanced AIs capable of committing genocide and weapons that have brought intergalactic entities beyond our comprehension to their knees.... but y'all haven't cured cancer yet? lmao

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be pissed about this spoiler if I intended to read this series. Just awful.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I am glad I don't read this. Interesting thread title OP, I mean you could have at least done something other than blurt out a major point in something that just released today.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i guess they're rebooting Peter Parker then? or is this a standalone continuity

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
How many times has May "died" in the comics, anyway?

I think it could be a great, important story and part of Peter's storied history, but it always feel so sensationalized when they do it. Can't just being old be enough?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Here's a question, has Marvel done anything at all interesting with Aunt May in the last decade? Besides having her marry Jameson's dad

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Clever use of a quote from The Room doesn't excuse flagrant use of spoilers.

I'm fed up with this whorl. Everyone betray me.

OP
OP
BWoog

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a question, has Marvel done anything at all interesting with Aunt May in the last decade? Besides having her marry Jameson's dad

I can't remember if she discovered Peter's identity in the last decade but yeah, that seemed like the last big interesting thing that happened with her.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, let me get this straight.

The issue came out TODAY and you are putting the big reveal in the fucking thread title?

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Alright Marvel geniuses, y'all have built advanced AIs capable of committing genocide and weapons that have brought intergalactic entities beyond our comprehension to their knees.... but y'all haven't cured cancer yet? lmao
Even the Kree haven't cured it, seeing as how that was how Mar-Vell died.

I think it's stated several times in Thor that Asgard could easily cure Jane's cancer but she refuses out of, I don't know, principle or something.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
why wouldn't you spoiler something like this?

Damn I am glad I don't read this. Interesting thread title OP, I mean you could have at least done something other than blurt out a major point in something that just released today.
R.I.P for the spoiler.
Spoilers are allowed on Era now?
Wait, let me get this straight.

The issue came out TODAY and you are putting the big reveal in the fucking thread title?
I can't tell if you guys are actually serious or not.

Oct 31, 2017
How many times has May "died" in the comics, anyway?

I think it could be a great, important story and part of Peter's storied history, but it always feel so sensationalized when they do it. Can't just being old be enough?

Exactly what I'm thinking. She's died or come right up to death's door too many times for any real drama to this story again, to me

Like; they're not going to kill Aunt May and if they do she'll be back within 4 years.

There are enough stories of Peter worrying constantly about May's health in the early comics, it really is a exhausted angle.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If only Peter knew a super scientist like Reed Richards or a wizard like Strange or a mutant healer like.... whatever that dudes name is over in X-Men.

OP
OP
BWoog

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly what I'm thinking. She's died or come right up to death's door too many times for any real drama to this story again, to me

Like; they're not going to kill Aunt May and if they do she'll be back within 4 years.

There are enough stories of Peter worrying constantly about May's health in the early comics, it really is a exhausted angle.

Her death in Amazing Spider-Man #400 was so god damn good and Marvel really fucked up bringing her back to life.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

She has to come close to death for every new generation of readers.