transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
After 3 or 4 years, I've finally reached the promised land.

DSbmZYZWAAA-dR6.jpg:large

This is somewhere between hole 21700 and 21800 - I wasn't watching closely, just doing my long-standing nightly routine of banging out a few shots before bed. You hit the ball into the water, and...

DSboCcAW4AAck1f.jpg

Nothing. It doesn't respawn. Close the game and reopen it and I'm still here. The permanence of Desert Golfing never stops. I literally cannot play this game anymore, a game I paid for. I could delete and reinstall it, of course, and I'm seriously considering it. I can't bring myself to do it though. There's some weird kind of gaming accomplishment here that I feel like I need to preserve on my phone for as long as I have it.

I have a weird sense of loss about finally finishing this game after 4 years. I've done some math and I think I spent about 300-400 hours idly golfing in the desert. When I first got here, my heart literally jumped, like I had discovered some magic secret that very few people are supposed to see. I'm even hesitating posting it here just because of the time invested.

Man, I love Desert Golfing and I couldn't tell you exactly why.

Purdy

Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome.

Think I did a few hundred holes whilst on the toilet the past year, great game.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought this game would have a frog fractions type twist at the end.

OP
OP
transience

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations, OP. It all led to this. What will you play now?

This is a huge problem! I guess I could ask for recommendations here. I don't really play mobile games.. like, game games. I mostly play things that I can play for a minute or two here and there. I have these requirements:

* Needs to load instantly upon opening
* Needs some level of permanence, i.e. I can close the app on a second's notice and pick up where I left off
* Needs to be playable with the sound off

My go-to for the last couple of days has just been my Sudoku app, or playing Chess against a CPU. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
This is a huge problem! I guess I could ask for recommendations here. I don't really play mobile games.. like, game games. I mostly play things that I can play for a minute or two here and there. I have these requirements:

* Needs some level of permanence, i.e. I can close the app on a second's notice and pick up where I left off

My go-to for the last couple of days has just been my Sudoku app, or playing Chess against a CPU. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Threes is incredible.

Oct 25, 2017

Take a look at Hoplite, I think it fits all criteria

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
There's a ending to Desert Golf?!?! I feel like the world is a lie now.

Good job dude, looks like I still got some ways to go.

Tuna

Oct 25, 2017
This is inspiring! I'm only at like hole 5000 or so. Desert Golfing is probably my favorite phone game.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone reupload OPs images to imgur or something I would love to see but Twitter is blocked at work lol.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect it to have a hard end. That's pretty cool though.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

-twofold inc.
-Trick Shot
-You Must Build A Boat

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thanks for uploading the images. That's a really cool end to the game.

Gylgamesh

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me hopes there actually is a hole under the water there somewhere and you just have to randomly find it.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Wow. I didn't expect this.
edit: and I'm glad there's no dumb/pretentious message too.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

get into crosswords

nyt crossword app is great and has a bunch of free ones to try out

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got to around hole 2000 i think before i quit. I commend you OP.

I like the simplicity and the finality of it.