Oct 25, 2017
Greetings all ,

I decided to make this Topic so that we can share what is everyone's weirdest Crossover in gaming , I will list mine from my Memory based on that Both Companies doesn't have a mutual connection or past Communication in Public

Altair in MGS4

The Famous Reveal that ended with " Did you rike it " From Kojima , IMO The Only logical conclusions for this move is that Kojima was a Fan of Assassin's Creed or Ubisoft for some Strange reason Paid a ton amount of money to advertise its one year old game through MGS4 and I lean toward the former , Ubisoft a western Company making a cross over with Konami a Japanese company in a Totally Different IPs isn't something that happens everyday

wZmAhGg.jpg

Raiden in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Of Course , Ubisoft decided to repay the favor by including Raiden in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood , I personally played the whole game with that Skin on

50xocPs.jpg

Left 4 Dead 2 Cast in Resident Evil 6

It might looks logical nowadays as Valve loves to put its easter eggs in Third-Party games released on Steam if an agreement happened , But seeing Characters from a PC Centric IP from a Western PC Centric Company appears in a Console Centric IP from a Japanese Console Centric Company sure looks unusual

lrxudKl.jpg

Mario and Sonic

If you told anyone in the 90's that Sega and Nintendo will make a Collaboration featuring the 90's Top two Mascots Sonic and Mario , They will sure call you a crazy one , but it actually happened and in multiple occasions

F7toI0S.jpg

Ezio in Soul Caliber V

Ezio appearing in a Ubisoft Fighting game will look little weird from the First look and First time but people will get used to it quickly , But appearing in a non-Ubisoft Japanese Fighting game will look more weird given that Namco Bandai and Ubisoft didn't had any connections before

RmmWGUk.jpg

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed PC Version

Now that is what I call a Crazy entertaining Crossovers , Despite that most of them are owned by the same company " Sega" even by Name but a game having " Sega Japan Cast + Total War Characters + Company of Heroes Characters + Football Manager + Team Fortress + Danica Patrick , A Real Life Racer + Yogscast , a Youtuber + Wreck It Ralph + Ryo Hazuki " will look insanely unusual in a very good way

euJCt20.jpg

Sky Walker

Oct 25, 2017
Super Smash Bros. 4 in a nutshell. I mean come on, Mario vs Sonic vs Megaman vs Ryu vs Bayonetta vs Cloud vs Pacman!

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Cole from Infamous in Street Fighter x Tekken. Like, what?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
There's the Pokemon game starring that guy who was romantically involved with a teenager while being approaching 50, who sent his allies the skulls of traitors to use as wine glasses, and who burned women and children alive.

Or Solid Snake in Smash. I totally agree with that one.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Rabbids in TMNT Smash-Up

28a22e24f3cbc9c305d5f6ce619dd8860f78b31b_hq.jpg

W76OyE.gif

Not only are they in a Ninja Turtle Fighting game but there are Ninja Turtle and Spinter Cell rabbid versions.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Rabbids in Mario.

It's even weirder that it ended up being one of the best games of the year. HAIL RABBID PEACH.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. I have no idea why that idea got off the ground, but I'm glad it did.

libregkd

Oct 25, 2017
wAvl6DUl.jpg

The FF x ME cross over. I'm pretty sure this happened around ME3's launch but it's such an odd way to promote the game.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
DreamMix TV World Fighters
1.jpg

A crossover between Hudson, Konami and Takara Toys. That's right. Two video game companies and one toy one.

Konami:
Simon Belmont
TwinBee
Power Pro-kun
Solid Snake (Hidden)
Moai (Gradius) (Hidden)

Hudson Soft:
White Bomberman
Master Higgins
Yugo Ügami (Bloody Roar)
Momotarō (Momotarō Densetsu)
Sengoku Manjimaru (Kabuki Klash) (Secret)
Binbōgami (Momotarō Dentetsu) (Secret)

Takara:
Optimus Prime G1
Tyson Granger (Beyblade)
Microman/bitron and Robotman (Micronauts)
Licca-chan
Aska (Cy Girls) (Hidden)
Megatron G1 (Hidden)

529067-031221s5.jpg

SLPM65384shots.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, it'd be Megaman Battle Network's crossover with Boktai starting with the 4th game.

In BN4, Boktai was presented as a fictional character series seen at amusement parks. Later on, Django (literally the real protagonist of Boktai) is found in one of the deeper realms of the Undernet trying to subdue Shademan (a previous villain defeated earlier in the game) with his game spacific moves and once you succeed you get a battlechip based on the move.

10-capture_26102010_114842.png
22-capture_26102010_120442.png

These references happened again in the DS version of BN5, where there's even a Cross Form Megaman could take of him if you had Boktai 2 in the GBA slot of your DS.

latest

These references continued onward as far as the first Star Force game, but those references were all cut from the Western versions of the other games because of Boktai's poor western sales.

Last edited:

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
I think this one is hard to top:

e8h218.gif

(Apologies for quality, I had to take the footage myself)

That's a school girl Xiayou taking a selfie with a panda dressed as Princess Peach while Snoop Dog sits in the back draped with scantily-clad girls dancing while he raps an original song about Tekken.

snoop-dogg-in-tekken-tag-2.jpg

The Wii U Edition had several exclusive features like all those Nintendo costumes, Mario Mushroom Battle (complete with music), Tekken Ball, etc.

And one more thing.

Bruce has a black Snoop Lion (Snoop's reggae persona) tracksuit in the game but the Wii U version also has exclusive white tracksuits for close to 20 of the cast.

Tekken-Tag-2-Wii-U-1.jpg

Tekken, Nintendo and Snoop Dogg.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, it'd be Megaman Battle Network's crossover with Boktai starting with the 4th game.

In BN4, Boktai was presented as a fictional character series seen at amusement parks. Later on, Django (literally the real protagonist of Boktai) is found in one of the deeper realms of the Undernet trying to subdue Shademan (a previous villain defeated earlier in the game) with his game spacific moves and once you succeed you get a battlechip based on the move.

These references happened again in the DS version of BN5, where there's even a Cross Form Megaman could take of him if you had Boktai 2 in the GBA slot of your DS.

These references continued onward as far as the first Star Force game, but those references were all cut from the Western versions of the other games because of Boktai's poor western sales.
I don't get the cut at all. It's a cute crossover with extra content for gamers. It's not like you won't get it if you don't play the other series. It's just a vampire hunter vs vampires.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation is also pretty bizarre overall. Character list:

• Ryu - Street Fighter
  • Ken Masters - Street Fighter
  • Chun-Li - Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
  • Guile - Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
  • Zangief - Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
  • Batsu Ichimonji - Rival Schools: United by Fate
  • Akira Kazama- Rival Schools: United by Fate
  • Shin - Original
  • Hu Fei (胡斐 Hiko?) - Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain (雪山飛狐?)
  • He Tieshou (何鐵手 Teiran?) - Sword Stained with Royal Blood (碧血劍?)
  • Mei Chaofeng (梅超風 Baichōfū?) - The Legend of the Condor Heroes (射鵰英雄傳?)
  • Linghu Chong (令狐沖 Reikochū?) - The Smiling, Proud Wanderer (笑傲江湖?)
  • Zhou Botong (周伯通 Shū Hakutsū?) - The Legend of the Condor Heroes (射鵰英雄傳?)
  • Cyborg 004 (Albert Heinrich) - Cyborg 009
  • Cyborg 005 (Geronimo Jr.) - Cyborg 009
  • Cyborg 006 (Chang Changku) - Cyborg 009
  • Cyborg 009 (Joe Shimamura) - Cyborg 009
  • Johannes Krauser II (Soichi Negishi's alter-ego) - Detroit Metal City
  • Gavan (Retsu Ichijouji) - Space Sheriff Gavan
  • Barack Obama (DLC - Valentine's Day)

So you've got characters from wuxia novels, random anime, tokusatsu, and Obama. The game is associated with Revoltech as well.

Last edited:

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation is also pretty bizarre overall. Character list:

• Ryu - Street Fighter
  • Shin - Original

So you've got characters from wuxia novels, random anime, tokusatsu, and Obama. The game is associated with Revoltech as well.

I cant find it right now, but on a similar note, I swear there was a promotional browser game where Ryu fought Peter Griffin.

I think that wins.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017

This is a weird one, because it totally made sense in 2012. Crossing over two big DS series focused on pointing and thinking. But in retrospect both franchises have gone in such different directions that the idea seems much less intuitive now than it did then.

I loved the game though. It was a mess; but it was my favourite flavour of mess.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I think there was an Assassin (as in Creed) corpse in a haystack The Witcher 2, and Geralt even made fun of it.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Feudal Japanese warlords (Nobunaga's Ambition) and Pokémon

81Va8u2CAlL._SL1200_.jpg

bestlink.png
nobunaga.jpg

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

10-capture_26102010_114842.png
22-capture_26102010_120442.png

latest

Huh, I never knew this happened. I love MMBN but I'm also incredibly bad at them and find them to be super difficult, so it's not surprising I never made it far enough to notice these

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Yoda, Darth Vader, Spawn, Link and a bunch of other weird guest characters in various other SoulCalibur games.

I own an official Soul Calibur 4 t-shirt with Darth Vader and Mitsurugi on it. This was years before franchise mashups on shirts were an everyday crutch for the guys churning out designs for sites like TeeFury; this was straight from the fist of Namco's art department.

It says "some battles are fought with the soul" on it, because heaven forbid they use the word 'force' and risk the design becoming somewhat cohesive.

Don't get me wrong, Kingdom Hearts comes close. But Yoda and Vader and Voldo and Ivy in a mainline Soul Calibur game is the Michael Jordan of batshit insane crossovers.

Look at this buffoonery, ffs
35VhBJr_d.jpg

Last edited:

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Not really weird in retrospect with all the subsequent games, but Akuma being a secret character in X-Men Children of the Atom technically makes it the first Marvel/Capcom crossover. It sure looks weird visually though since he uses his SSF2T sprite rather than the later style.

xmcotaj1bzoz5.gif

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Layton vs AA, but I never once stopped to realise how odd of a crossover that actually is.

mario__sonic__mega_man_and_pac_man_in_smash_bros__by_mollyketty-d7m8si4.jpg

Another one. Smash 4. Those 4 gaming icons, mascots for their respective companies in 1 game. It's like a fanart!

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
I wish SEGA acknowledged Spiral Knights.
But then they went ahead and sold it back to the people they bought it from.

I miss that game

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
While it's not super weird, I'm still kinda baffled at how DOA5:LR eventually became a huge DOA/Ninja Gaiden/Virtua Fighter/Samurai Warriors/King of Fighters crossover game.

TheChamp

Abused the Buy/Sell/Trade thread
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario and Rabbids gets my vote also it just sounded like a disaster Ubisoft using Mario and creating a game outside of Nintendo's first party polish, turned out to be a pretty great game and one of the best this year

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Love-Live-Rin-x-Sega-Announcement-Art-20141202.jpg

Rin from Love Live! is basically SEGA's other mascot by now. They use her for promotion a lot.

The thing is... Love Live! isn't even their franchise. I know they at least have some merchandise rights to it. Other than that, I'm not really sure.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017

• Ryu - Street Fighter
  • Shin - Original

Let me guess, he used the Chaos Emeralds to fight, didn't he?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Came for DreamMix TV World Fighters, but Tekken WiiU and Mouse Generations are pretty good examples as well.