Deleted member 10981

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 24, 2022
71kIC7urR7L._SL1500_2048x.jpg

Lay your eyes on this forbidden fruit.

Seriously, what was going on when they made this candy?
It's so unbelievable powerful.

Made a nice chicken piccata dinner yesterday. Had one, a single -one-, Nerds candy corn after the meal as something to sweeten my mouth...
It acted as a legit palette cleanser, any remnant of taste from the chicken piccata was completely gone.

I also proceeded to eat another 19 only to get a headache a few hours later. As a man of science, I decide to repeat that setup today and had another 20, only to get another headache.

Don't get me wrong, these taste great. But proceed with caution, this is probably the most powerful candy I have ever tasted.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Is this OP's way of confession that they got Halloween candy but are too weak of spirit to resist the temptation?

Bessy67

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't find it as overpowering as you did I guess. I would say it's near the bottom of the Nerd family of candies though, ropes and jelly beans still reign supreme.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They make banana only Runts but I feel the appeal of banana Runts lose the charm if you don't have to search them out among the rest.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10981

Banned
Feb 24, 2022
On another note, -man- is it so hard to find candy these days that is even slightly different than what you normally see.

After I had this I wanted to get some Shocktarts (or Sweetwarts Sour Chewy or whatever) and not a single store in my area has them. They used to be available everywhere.

Bessy67

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
On another note, -man- is it so hard to find candy these days that is even slightly different than what you normally see.

After I had this I wanted to get some Shocktarts (or Sweetwarts Sour Chewy or whatever) and not a single store in my area has them. They used to be available everywhere.
Yeah, candy aisles always seem to be empty these days and I haven't seen anywhere near as many varieties even when they are decently stocked. I also miss the old-style candy rolls that you could get for cheaper. I always used to get shock tarts/sweet tarts/sprees in the roll style packaging for cheap, now if you can find them it's either the theater style boxes or the big bags for like $3.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10981

Banned
Feb 24, 2022
Yeah, candy aisles always seem to be empty these days and I haven't seen anywhere near as many varieties even when they are decently stocked. I also miss the old-style candy rolls that you could get for cheaper. I always used to get shock tarts/sweet tarts/sprees in the roll style packaging for cheap, now if you can find them it's either the theater style boxes or the big bags for like $3.

YEP, used to be nice when you could just get one of those rolls for like 80 cents.