Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
wccftech.com

Xbox Series S/Lockhart Will Be Half The Price Of The Series X; July Event Will Be A "Night Of Mic Drops" - Rumor

According to rumors circulating online, the Xbox Series S will be half the price of the Series X and it will be an important part of MS's strategy

Speaking on the Beyond3D forums, eastmen, who has proved in the past to have access to Microsoft insider information, revealed that the Xbox Series S will be half the price of the Series X, come in a small form factor and it will be an all-digital console. The insider doesn't know the final pricing for the Xbox Series X, and thus the Series X, but he had heard that Microsoft was prepared for a $400 Xbox Series X.

But from what I"ve heard from all my sources July isn't about sony , July is about the industry and they want it to be a night of mic drops . They are going to come hard with the strategy they have been building up to for years and they want google , amazon , apple , sony and yes Nintendo to shaken up . So expect a series of Mic drop moments followed by the price being the key part of all this.

That's why I think Lockheart is a key device in their strategy. Its low cost gateway that they can control to make sure the hardware can handle their new compression techniques they will employee with xcloud over the next few years. The plan for Lockheart is to get into price categories they were never able to hit before and I believe based on listening between the lines that they expect lockheart to at some point make it down to fire tv size . Also the size of the first lockheart will surprise everyone.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
400$?

I don't need to read anymore, you can probably just call this a fake rumor and lock the thread.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
HIGHLY doubt $399 for Series X.

I do think they'll be aggressive with Lockhart's pricing though.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited! For that price, I would pick it up day one [assuming my PC build plan is now delayed to 2021]

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like BS but if somehow it is $200/$400 for Lockhart/XSX that would put Sony on edge

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
400, that is weird, i would have thought something like 399.99.
If we get 2 high class next gen systems for 399.99 each, wow.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Lockhart will be cheaper than the One S? lol

Author should've thought this through before writing it up.

Edit: I can see Lockhart going for $200 or even less if it's a streaming console.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Time to bring out the big guns
4782516-9395789506-6QNmP.gif

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I was told that a goal is to have an xbox studio game out every other month by the time the ball really gets rolling. Not A or AA games but AAA games every other month so that people don't stop subscribing.
AAA game every other month? Even Ubisoft cannot pull that off with 20k employees. How would MS manage when some of their studios are AA?

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Who knows at this point?

I, for one, aint against a $400 XSX. Dont know if that will happen, but hey....

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Unless there's a subscription service on top of that, no way will it be that cheap. It would be nice, but very unlikely.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This is absolutely fake.

Microsoft doesn't need a $199 console. They're releasing Halo Infinite on the ONE S this year, which will already be going for that price or lower. There's simply no point in building another machine that hits that price point.

Will the July event be big? Absolutely. But let's not make shit up for the sake of making shit up.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds unbelievably fake for:
- $400 series x
- Lockhart being presumably $200

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
It would be very odd to me to see MS willing to eat that much cost on a division that a lot of people at MS have suggested they divest themselves from, but crazier things have happened.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Microsoft always eats a loss on its console sales, but I don't think they're willing to go that low. I cannot fathom a $399 Series X.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
12TF Zen2/Navi APU with pcie 4.0 ssd and 12GB GDD6 for $400? That's alot of letters to spell the word fake.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
So MS is gonna make a revolutionary $400 machine, and a $200 digital version and have all their big games on Gamepass? And force the rest of the industry to follow?

I can see MS chasing Sony's spectacular price reveal moment for PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.