MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking destroyed me. I was 20 years old. I grew up with Toy Story. The symbolism of Andy putting away his childhood and moving on... Ugh. It's probably the ugliest cry I've ever had in a movie theater, over a goddamned animated film series about sentient toys that play dead when humans are near. It was also a surprising gut punch. I couldn't believe how hard that shit hit me and the people I went with.

Oh also shout-out to the incinerator scene giving me a huge dose of existential dread.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Things that tie into the end of childhood are an easy pull at the heart strings.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Toy Story 4. It wasn't a sequel that needed to be made, but I'm glad it was. I think it was a nice epilogue for Woody.

And Forkey was hilarious.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Jokes on Andy, Woody and Buzz are worth a lot of money now.

pokemon-card-community-slams-logan-paul-for-wearing-500k-charizard-at-mayweather-fight.jpg

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I felt the same with bonus: had a dog exactly like his that also was old

Only movie in the franchise I don't want to rewatch

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
It.... Really didn't. Toy Story 3 was Andy's ending. Toy Story 4 was Woody's.
I understand that it messes with the idea that a toy's true desire is to be with children, and also people don't like how neatly the antagonist's story is tied up.

But it, like, makes sense with what Woody would do. It is a natural progression of his character to finally seek out something for himself once he is no longer necessary for a child's happiness. The toy story world is all nonsense if you pull on the lines of logic too hard, regardless.

Oct 28, 2017
California
That movie fucking destroyed me.

Saw it in theaters when it came out in 2010 (I was 23 years old) and haven't seen it since. I can't. I just can't, it's too heartbreaking.

Having said that, I still consider it the best movie from the 2010s. No other movie from that decade, or since really, has had that much of an emotional affect on me.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Back to back teary eye scenes with the toys about to get destroyed in the junkyard to Andy saying goodbye to woody
It was a perfect ending but yeah Disney loves money so they made 4
Andy definitely should've kept Woody and Buzz
Nostalgia is a heavy drug, adult Andy definitely bought some woody and buzz merch off eBay

But……..

Off topic but anyone think Lightyears ending/post credit scene will be an adult Andy leaving the theater after watching the Lightyear movie with his kid? Andy was college age in 3 so by now he's an adult with his own family

D o I t

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
Fucking destroyed me. I was 20 years old. I grew up with Toy Story. The symbolism of Andy putting away his childhood and moving on... Ugh. It's probably the ugliest cry I've ever had in a movie theater, over a goddamned animated film series about sentient toys that play dead when humans are near. It was also a surprising gut punch. I couldn't believe how hard that shit hit me and the people I went with.

Oh also shout-out to the incinerator scene giving me a huge dose of existential dread.

I was the same age and it hit me the exact same way. So thankful to have grown up with the series and gotten to experience those emotions.

megashock5

Oct 27, 2017
Powell, Ohio
The end of 3 wrecked me in the theater. That's what I wanted to do for father's day and I was the only one in the family crying.

I haven't gotten the courage to watch 4 after that. I think 2 might still be my favorite, it's freaking hysterical.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I was 25 and was choking back tears at the cinema. I felt that ending for weeks.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
I had the ugliest ugly cry you could ever imagine at the end of it.

I'm just a crier in general with certain types of movies mind you.

Midnight

Jan 5, 2018
Toy Story 3 is one of those movies that came at the perfect time in my life. Just like Andy, I was 17 and ready to to go college when the movie was released in 2010.

It's a perfect ending to that trilogy, but I also really liked TS4.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yo I rewatched Toy Story 1 and 2 yesterday, and 3 this morning. I wanted to make a thread!
I cried again at the end of 3, it's incredible.
I'm watching the shorts that they made after 3 and they're good, and tomorrow I''ll watch Toy Story 4 for the first time!

Also, since it's the last video in my youtube history:

He still sounds so good!

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Toy Story 3 emotionally wrecked me.

I literally can't remember how TS 4 ends. I remember thinking it was fine though.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
Never really like Toy Story 3. Felt like a Toy Story film made by committee. I really loved Toy Story 4. Went into it fearing it would feel like 3 and it floored me in the way I think 3 does for most people.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
I'm just bitter. I loved the themes of the ending of 3 that even when people leave/grow up, we still have our friends next to us.
I feel you. I'm not even against the themes in Toy Story 4, I just think the Toy Story brand was the wrong vehicle for those themes. Toy Story 4 is objectively a good movie (Buzz treatment aside), but I still strongly resent its existence.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm a big fan of Toy Story 4 as well, but it feels more like a spinoff than a mainline Toy Story film so I almost feel it warranted a different name.

The only thing I didn't like about it was how Buzz was handled, but everything else I felt was pretty perfectly told.

Klaus should've won the Oscar that year though.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Hardest I've cried to a movie.

I enjoyed Toy Story 4, but it is odd how I really didn't feel anything watching it after how I felt with 3.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Par the course people treating the toys like they have zero agency and are just there to fulfil Andy's wishes. Four gave Woody his ending and it was wonderful.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Andy turning heel and leaving the gang with that awful little gremlin made me cry.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ending demolished me. Still haven't seen 4 though as a result. It's such a perfect end.