HqxDvBi.png

vhk7EER.png

Vc5PYOZ.png

sEnGv8u.png

KZGigBv.png

ye7OshM.png

EXxuJrH.png

4HlkPem.png

When does the game go live/pre-load happen?
Pre-loading is available now on all platforms (except Luna and Stadia because yeah).
According to Ubisoft, the game will launch at 12:01am in your local time on October 29th.

So the next-generation upgrade...
XBOX users - Regardless of physical or digital, you'll get the Series X|S version when available, thanks to XBOX Smart Delivery.
PlayStation digital owners - The PS4 digital version also gives you the PS5 version when you purchase it.
PlayStation physical owners - Insert the PS4 disc into your PS5 and it'll let you download a digital copy for PS5 when available.

What happened to the permadeath?
Permadeath is optional. When you start a game, you'll get to choose your difficulty and enable permadeath.

Links for (Digital) Purchase
Epic Games Store | Ubisoft Connect | PlayStation 4 / 5 | XBOX One / Series X|S

2wRjPuN.png

Last edited:

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I had no idea this was out this week. Huh. I'll be curious as to how it reviews.

Oh, and fuck Ubisoft.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Got my free copy from my RTX 3080 purchase, so I'm pre-loaded and ready to go!

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Watch_Dogs 2 on sale on the PlayStation Store yesterday because the gold edition was $18, so might check this out if I end up enjoying that.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Xbox copy in the mail today...but I already traded in my Xbox One X for a Series X preorder thanks to a trade-in deal...:'(

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
For those that got it free with their 3080, can you add on the gold/ultimate content?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Nice OT. I'd normally wait for a sale on a Ubisoft game but I'm very into the idea of just renting them for a month for $15 via Uplay+, that's what I'm gonna do here. I'll have access to Valhalla for a week and a half or so as well

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Got my 3080 copy preloaded and ready! Revisiting 2 to get hyped, excited to see what Clint and the team have in store!

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Confident review embargo!

What a weird change of events for me if this scores well on PS5. It might change my launch week plans up quite a bit.

EDIT: Oh wait. This comes out THIS week on current gen? Ok nvm. Not as confident anymore.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
so if I buy the physical Xbox One version, I don't get the updated version for Xbox Series X, right? I should just wait and get the physical XSX version on launch? I don't understand 'smart delivery'

painey

Oct 27, 2017
This game supports Xbox Smart Delivery (free automatic upgrade)
I get that, but that means when I put the Xbox One version disk into my XBox Series X it will download the XSX version and install that and won't use my disk for anything but checking I own it? It won't just be a BC upgrade?

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, didn't realize it was already available to preload. Hope this is up to par with WD2. Really, really enjoyed that game.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I get that, but that means when I put the Xbox One version disk into my XBox Series X it will download the XSX version and install that and won't use my disk for anything but checking I own it?
Yes. That's what Xbox Smart Delivery is.
It won't just be a BC upgrade?
There is no "BC upgrade" for Xbox Smart Delivery games. You put in the XB1 disc, it installs the XSX version.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
I get that, but that means when I put the Xbox One version disk into my XBox Series X it will download the XSX version and install that and won't use my disk for anything but checking I own it? It won't just be a BC upgrade?
Correct, you'll get the upgraded version and it won't be a simple bc edition. You'll get the next gen version with the same save file that carries over.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Correct, you'll get the upgraded version and it won't be a simple bc edition. You'll get the next gen version with the same save file that carries over.
Thanks. Even if I have no intention of playing it on Xbox One I should buy that version then, as it will have a bigger market for resale. Interesting.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Thanks. Even if I have no intention of playing it on Xbox One I should buy that version then, as it will have a bigger market for resale. Interesting.
There isn't even an XSX version. If you buy an Xbox copy, it says both Xbox One and Xbox Series X on it. For Smart Delivery games, there is only one version you can buy (I mean there's the more expensive versions, but I'm not talking about those), it's one disc that works on both.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Preloaded on PC. Looking forward to it, even if I'm not a fan of its premise. Hopefully it takes good advantage of the 3080, considering it came with it.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
I got my copy early from Best Buy today and I've played a couple hours on PS4 Pro. Ask me anything.

In general, I'm enjoying it greatly (I also liked WD and WD2.)

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my copy for PS4 but gonna wait for my PS5 before I play, this is free upgrade right?