Status
Not open for further replies.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I drive for doordash. I received this girls order and picked it up as fast as I could. Then doordash sent me another order to pick up that was on the way to the girls house. So I stopped at that restaurant and had to wait quite a long time for the food to be ready. It made me extremely late to the first customers house. Also to mention, the first customers order was $90 worth of food.

so I pull up to her house and she is already waiting outside for me and walking up to my car as I am still in it. She has her phone out and immediately says "I'm about to be a bitch real quick" as I'm getting her food out. She shows me on her phone how she got a notification like 45 minutes prior that i had picked the food up. Then she asks what the fuck I was doing, and saying if she goes inside and the food is cold she'll be fucking pissed(it was). I tried my best to explain and gave her the door dash support number.

she rated me 1 Star and plummeted my door dash stats into the toilet(Which could get me fired). Sucks cus there was nothing I could do, everything was out of my control.

I'm dreading working again tonight. Im not in customer support, idk how to handle stuff like this. How do you get over stuff like this?

edit: ok I'll clarify. Im not literally forced to accept the 2nd order. It's the difference of making under minimum wage vs above minimum wage. Which is why i have to take them

Last edited:

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
It's the nature of your job, there's not much you can do about it. The customer has a right to be upset, this is on your company and their assignment system. You'd have to contest that 1 star rating if you can, apart from that, another day on the job.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm unaware of how door dash works but it kind of seems fucked up that you can get tasked with another order when you already have one active to me. Like... it doesn't make sense.

I guess if it's along your route but they should account for waiting time and give you a buffer before sending you the request, no?

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
That's customer service for you. Spent 6 years of my life as a Deli Clerk being mentally and emotionally abused.
Try to find a better job if you can asap as it wont get any better

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
She's not seeing you as an actual human being, it's not a judgment on you personally. People just treat service workers like shit if they're shitty people to begin with. I worked at a video store and one time we were out of a new release and some wine mom was so mad about it she threw a VHS tape case (with tape in it) at my head and stormed out. It sucks, but you have to just let it roll off your back or you'll drive yourself nuts.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're in the car driving? Listen to some uplifting music.
I've been there, working in a restaurant. Some people are assholes. Try to cheer yourself up.

Maybe you can call the company and explain your rating?

Oct 26, 2017
That sucks. Next time, I guess just deliver the first order even if new order is on the way. Then go get 2nd order after. Honestly, I would have been pissed too, but I wouldn't have reacted like they did.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry that happened to you OP, it's why I left that industry. Dunno what else to say to help, but I hope you have a better day tonight.

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I'm unaware of how door dash works but it kind of seems fucked up that you can get tasked with another order when you already have one active to me. Like... it doesn't make sense.

it gives you an add on order to your route if it is on the way, and won't make you late. It lays out an order on how to do things with a strict schedule. It does not account for the restaurant being late at all which is what happened. The customers lived on the same street as each other

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea...by callus you mean being dead inside lol.
giphy.gif

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
why i got out of retail (though with age i could probably roll with if i had to go back)

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
you only need to worry about ratings every 100 deliveries, plenty of time to mend it.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I work in insurance, so I deal with people taking their frustrations out on me every single day. It doesn't bother me in the moment like it use to, but it doesn't exactly make me pumped to begin the work day.

Also, last time I ordered DD the lady asked me if I'd be willing to go back into the app and give her a good rating. I don't know if that's allowed, but I did. Food got here quick and was hot. Start asking people if it's allowed. If it's not...do it anyway lol.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
not to tell you how to do your job but doesn't doordash allow you to text the order recipient? once it became apparent the wait was going to take long could you have texted her to let her know and/or just popped out of the place you were waiting at to make that first drop off?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if someone already asked, but did you have to wait for the second order before you could leave, or was that your decision to save yourself from making 2 trips to the same area?

One of my first jobs was delivering Pizza for Dominos. They used to bitch so much about being too slow. But then I got a complaint for going "too fast" in a neighborhood, and got yelled at for that lol. I left after that.

Oct 28, 2017
If you're carrying $90 worth of food that's getting cold by the minute, why accept that extra order? Can't you just say no to that one? It seems like it would be a good idea to make sure especially large orders do not get delayed like that.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
There are so many assholes around who mentally exhaust people who are just trying to do their job. No one deserves that shit. Eventually they can scream at a computer screen when customer service jobs get automated.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Work in that field long enough and you'll get a thick skin about these things, don't worry about it.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It wasn't your fault, I don't know how it works but can't you explain it somehow and remove this one star?

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if someone already asked, but did you have to wait for the second order before you could leave, or was that your decision to save yourself from making 2 trips to the same area?

One of my first jobs was delivering Pizza for Dominos. They used to bitch so much about being too slow. But then I got a complaint for going "too fast" in a neighborhood, and got yelled at for that lol. I left after that.

I believe I could of left and delivered to the first customer without picking up the 2nd persons food. But then I would have been late for the second customer anyways, since I would be making another trip.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
it gives you an add on order to your route if it is on the way, and won't make you late. It lays out an order on how to do things with a strict schedule. It does not account for the restaurant being late at all which is what happened. The customers lived on the same street as each other
Do you not have the option to reject this? It just forces another order on you?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I believe I could of left and delivered to the first customer without picking up the 2nd persons food. But then I would have been late for the second customer anyways, since I would be making another trip.
Yea I get it, I was just curious if that was the companies decision. I've never used the service before.

We're there other drivers or were you the only one?

But, either way it sounds like you would have ended up pissing someone off. Sucks.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the house was on the same street as the food? How long did you wait at the second restaurant?

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
While I wouldn't talk like that to anyone, I'd be pissed as well to order 90$ of food just for it to be cold.
But since she can't give 1/5 stars to the company, you're the target.

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the house was on the same street as the food? How long did you wait at the second restaurant?

Oh no, the customers lived on the same street. I went to the first restaurant. The second restaurant was on the way to both customers houses. Then they lived on the same street. I waited about 25 minutes at the second restaurant

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be pissed too. But hey, it wasn't your fault. Shrug it off.

Although next time maybe try and get a real time estimate from the restaurant if they are making you wait. If it's going to take a bit, drop the other order off and come back.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I used to tell shithound customers to fuck off. Thankfully i had a boss who'd tell them to fuck off too lmao.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd be pretty pissed if I heard you picked up my food and then let it sit for what sounds like a long time.

But this kind of thing is why I only order from places with a dedicated delivery service

nded

Nov 14, 2017
She sounds like an asshole, but a low rating for $90 worth of cold food delivered late is probably warranted.

All you can do is try not to make the same mistake again.

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be pissed too. But hey, it wasn't your fault. Shrug it off.

Although next time maybe try and get a real time estimate from the restaurant if they are making you wait. If it's going to take a bit, drop the other order off and come back.

Yea it didn't help that they kept saying just a couple more minutes over and over again.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
you can decline it. I always accept because it gives you a notification that it's on your route anyway and the ETA will be updated for the customers.
This is where I think you have to own some responsibility. You were not forced to take the second order and ETAs are always not 100%. The E stands for "Estimated", after all. While I don't think you deserve to be verbally attacked, I do think the customer has a good reason to be very upset and leave a bad score. I think you should consider it a risk to try and squeeze in an extra order even if it's along the way. And that risk becomes even bigger when it's a $90 order taking a back seat:

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
She's not seeing you as an actual human being, it's not a judgment on you personally. People just treat service workers like shit if they're shitty people to begin with. I worked at a video store and one time we were out of a new release and some wine mom was so mad about it she threw a VHS tape case (with tape in it) at my head and stormed out. It sucks, but you have to just let it roll off your back or you'll drive yourself nuts.
You could have called the police and reported an assault. Jeez

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If you had a $90 delivery to make you should have made that your priority over everything else. Customer had every right to be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.