chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, one of the most influential voices among young liberals and a rising Democratic star, plans to endorse Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) for president and appear with him at a rally on Saturday, according to two people with knowledge of her plans.

The surprise endorsement is a political coup for Sanders, 78, who has been fading in the polls and has faced growing questions about his age and health. Before Tuesday's Democratic debate, he had been sidelined from the campaign trail for two weeks by a heart attack.
"We're looking forward to Saturday," said Corbin Trent, a spokesman for Ocasio-Cortez. Sanders teased the rally at Tuesday night's presidential debate, saying he would have a "special guest" appearing with him in New York.

Another person with knowledge of the congresswoman's plans, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a decision that has not yet been announced publicly, confirmed the endorsement. Sanders campaign officials declined to comment.

Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib will reportedly also endorse Sanders

Last edited:

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
Not surprising, they both are great leaders and bring in lots of that energy that seems to have been absent in the left lately.

I just hope that if Bernie doesn't get the nomination then she'll bring people over to the Democratic nominee.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good. She could bring in conditions to veer Sanders further left and have a better perspective on some issues he isn't as strong as he could be

Oct 25, 2017
Was obviously coming when Bernie was plugging a special guest at his event and AOC was liking the tweet about the event.

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Well yeah he's the best candidate available, Elizabeth is incredible and I would love her as our next president following Sanders and next VP before that but Bernie has no equal, Elizabeth is just better at speaking on what they both agree with in a way that lets more people understand.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017

1f440.png
1f440.png
1f440.png

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
Rally is in QB, that park isn't big, should be a trip for folks around that area.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, that's definitely the boost he needed to stay in the game with Warren and Biden. Those 3 are the only ones who are in play now.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Well she made a mistake. Bernie is not happening you guys.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Warren is not the candidate we need. Many on this forum are going to be infuriated.

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
Remember just the other day when folks here were saying she was going to endorse Warren lmao

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Ok.

Not a surprise and I don't really see what effect this will have on him being 3rd place

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I like AOC, but I'm pushing for Warren. Bernie coming off a heart attack is not a good sign and points to just how old he and most of the Dem noms are as well as our own idiot and chief. Speaking of, I'd be curious how his ticker is holding up, but I'm reminded daily he has no heart.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'd rather she out her support behind Warren who is infinitely more like to get the nomination, honestly.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Don't think it'll do anything to save his campaign. Who was waiting for her to endorse the one person she would obviously endorse before they threw their support behind him?