Apr 25, 2020
Here is a glimpse at the engineering meta on one of the bigger flyable ships, the Hammerhead:

14q9a12zo3w51.png

Yeah, good luck keeping that thing flying in a battle without a team of 3-4 engineers all working together to keep systems working. Someone get Geordi La Forge on the phone. This is FTL on a far bigger scale.

Ambition takes time. Yes you need to know when enough is enough with feature creep, but from a financial point of view the horse has clearly bolted, so maybe lets just wait and see where this thing goes before diving into the escape pods?

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I was a part of the first Kickstarter or whatever crowd-funding platform they used.

I no longer care.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
User Banned (1 day): Thread whining, prior infractions for similar behaviour
Is it just me or are stupid threads like this becoming more common all the time?

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When that ship is actually released and there is content in the game to make a ship like that worth using are there going to be enough interested people left to man those stations?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Here is a glimpse at the engineering meta on one of the bigger flyable ships, the Hammerhead:

14q9a12zo3w51.png

Yeah, good luck keeping that thing flying in a battle without a team of 3-4 engineers all working together to keep systems working. Someone get Geordi La Forge on the phone. This is FTL on a far bigger scale.

Ambition takes time. Yes you need to know when enough is enough with feature creep, but from a financial point of view the horse has clearly bolted, so maybe lets just wait and see where this thing goes before diving into the escape pods?

I mean that being said, it really makes me wonder how large a casual audience would be for this.

It feels like they've made their money on enthusiasts. Who's left to get money from with a game this complex?

Deleted member 22002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Years ago I wrongly predicted that in a few years No Man's Sky 2 would be a better game than Star Citizen on release.

But after seeing the massive engineering feat that SC has become, I stand firmly corrected: No Man's Sky 1 is a better game than Star Citizen on release.

nizerifin

Jun 9, 2018
I don't understand why people keep throwing money at this project. I find it all incredibly bizarre.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I agree OP, Star Citizen is cool as hell.
You need to put that image in context tho.

I THINK what OP is trying to say is: In Star Citizen they actually simulate all of the ship's systems physically. So you can destroy parts of a ship and then certain systems won't work. Everything in the ship needs to have a physical representation. So they need to design ships in a way that makes sense for them in the game world, they need power generation, air supply, etc etc etc