Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

So, I was listening to this song out of random, then I glimpsed upon at the comment and found out that Akai Haato's full name is a Japanese idiom of "Red Heart".

Mindblown

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
You know, as someone whose using a 3D Model (mainly due to budget), I will say that I find it hard to say if I prefer the Live2D models or 3D Models. Like obviously which one you like is up to preference but they really do have both Pros and Cons. I feel like with a 3D Model you get a lot more freedom of movement (doubly so if you got the hardware to support it), and can make changes to the model often without needing to literally redraw things (unless you need never done before textures).

Yet Live2D models just look amazing and really brings alive the whole: "Anime Avatar" aspect that as someone who isn't a big fan of the increasing usage of 3D in anime, is appreciated. Not to mention just having that level of movement on an avatar that looks like it shouldn't have that much motion is always a really cool effect.

As someone who isn't involved much with vtuber stuff on Twitter (mostly just on here while also seeing the memes on /r/hololive), is there a stigma against 3D models? I'm not actually sure cause there's obviously popular vtubers who use 3d Models exclusively.

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
You know, as someone whose using a 3D Model (mainly due to budget), I will say that I find it hard to say if I prefer the Live2D models or 3D Models. Like obviously which one you like is up to preference but they really do have both Pros and Cons. I feel like with a 3D Model you get a lot more freedom of movement (doubly so if you got the hardware to support it), and can make changes to the model often without needing to literally redraw things (unless you need never done before textures).

Yet Live2D models just look amazing and really brings alive the whole: "Anime Avatar" aspect that as someone who isn't a big fan of the increasing usage of 3D in anime, is appreciated. Not to mention just having that level of movement on an avatar that looks like it shouldn't have that much motion is always a really cool effect.

As someone who isn't involved much with vtuber stuff on Twitter (mostly just on here while also seeing the memes on /r/hololive), is there a stigma against 3D models? I'm not actually sure cause there's obviously popular vtubers who use 3d Models exclusively.

Doubt its a stigma, just more of Hololive and Niji and other big vtubers being live2d. Also it is cheaper and easier to spin up a 3d model (as you mentioned), while live2d is a bit more... bespoke?

3d has its advantages though with arm tracking and other tech you can play with. Imo one of the bigger reasons why Zentreya got popular with so many comedic body moments.

Definitely seems like 3d models have a much higher 'upper limit', than the best of live2d, in terms of cost and benefits though?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Doubt its a stigma, just more of Hololive and Niji and other big vtubers being live2d. Also it is cheaper and easier to spin up a 3d model (as you mentioned), while live2d is a bit more... bespoke?

3d has its advantages though with arm tracking and other tech you can play with. Imo one of the bigger reasons why Zentreya got popular with so many comedic body moments.

Definitely seems like 3d models have a much higher 'upper limit', than the best of live2d, in terms of cost and benefits though?

That makes sense.

I will say, I did make some adjustments, had free time so gave it a second look (Left - Old, Right - New)
(should be noted that the new one was taken in vroid hence the worse AA)
RUa3S2T.png

Edit: Glasses Version:
p26RAUP.png

Last edited:

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Akai Haato is live:

She's going all in on the Mick Foley gimmick and I love it.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Haachama is quickly becoming one of my favorite vtubers with this split-personality gimmick.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think splatoon 2 singleplayer is very underrated, happy to see ina playing it

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Pekora gonna play Shadow of the Colossus, that's a surprise.
Wait, they have permission for Sony games now?
Oh, mighty interesting! If SIE's games are back on the menu, I'd like to see Coco continue playing the UNCHARTED series... even though, as I mentioned before, her doing a 'shitpost review' on Dreams would me my biggest... well, dream.

In the particular case of Pekora, I actually think (if she keeps enjoying Shadow of the Colossus) that The Last Guardian would be a good fit for her among hololive production talents, as much as I also appreciated Aqua's old video streams of it.

One thing that Pekora excels at as an entertainer (see as "comedian" too) is the ease with which not only she connects emotionally with a narrative and emphatically supports favourite characters, but also how she does so in such an engaging manner to the spectators; showing much sensitivity in an expressive and very straightforward way for bursts outside her usual, somewhat fretfully introverted behaviour is particularly endearing. Because of that, I'm fairly sure her experience with Trico would totally be an explosive cathartic relief by the end after being probably frustrated for a great length of the game. I would totally love to see it!

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
wait so haachama is chaos gremlin and akai haato is standard tsundere?

Status
Not open for further replies.