Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

The mouse has officially killed the fox.

In a move at once unsurprising and highly symbolic, the Walt Disney Company is dropping the "Fox" brand from the 21st Century Fox assets it acquired last March, Variety has learned. The 20th Century Fox film studio will become 20th Century Studios, and Fox Searchlight Pictures will become simply Searchlight Pictures.

On the TV side, however, no final decisions have been made about adjusting the monikers of production units 20th Century Fox Television and Fox 21 Television Studios. Discussions about a possible name change are underway, but no consensus has emerged, according to a source close to the situation.

Unsurprising, indeed.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Robin-Hood-disney-males-25833665-1280-720.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They probably needed to do this, yeah. The confusion between New Fox and Disney Fox was always going to run high until one or both of them did something about it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney wants no association with Fox News, which they don't own. It's understandable.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I understand you wouldn't want to associate your brand with Fox News. Good call.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what they'll do with the TV studios since those are much more closely tied to the Fox name than 20th Century and Searchlight were

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Can someone explain the whole Fox media empire? Like which parts went where?

Disney seems to own entertainment but no news or sports?

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those are classic names and intros they're getting rid of

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
yessss. I hope they continue to grow. Please absorb more studios and more IPs disney!

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I kind of assumed the name change because some of the TV shows on Adult Swim switch 20th Century Television. For a couple of weeks after they just cut to a black screen with the fox music playing

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
They got the movie and TV divisions, they did not get the News or Sports divisions.
I'm confused though because I saw that FX networks content was coming to Disney's Hulu, but on Wikipedia, Fox Corp page says it still owns Fox Broadcasting Company, Fox News, and Fox Sports. I guess I'm confused because Fox Network I thought owned FX but now FX page says it's owned by Disney, yet Fox Broadcasting Network says that the Fox channel is still supplied by Fox Studios despite Disney owning Fox Studios.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since FOX News and Sports got spun off into Newscorp it's probably for the best? Guess they just make the 20th bigger on the logo and replace FOX with Studios?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's still some irony in leaving the studio named 20th Century Studios, though, lol

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what the 20th Century logo will look like.
Also curious what they'll rename the Fox channel once Fox News finally leaves it.