Votes: 170 55.4%
  • Converse

Votes: 137 44.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
1_259094_ZM.JPG
1_5122_ZM_ALT3.JPG

Which do you prefer? What things do you associate with each shoe?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I went through a lot of chucks and old skools in my life. If I want high tops I go with chucks. Lows I like old schools.

Both white pairs and go with a lot of outfits. Best casual shoe imo.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
My dad always buys converse - since he was like 6. Says the rubber is def. different. Makes sense, which company isn't pinching pennies?

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I've never worn or owned Vans. I remember when they were really popular and friends had them. I'd usually just get regular running shoes, Nike or whatever. Now I buy the cheapest pair of decent running shoes I can, though that ended up being a pair of Dr. Scholls once which was nice.

Converse I did own, and they were good. So I guess my vote has to go to them. Vans/skate shoes don't fit my appearance or 'style' or lack thereof.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I also I must hate myself because I can't stop wearing the original chucks instead of Chuck Taylor 2s. I know it's made my feet problems worse lol.

But yeah, they're both classic sneakers. Vans are hell of a lot more comfy tho. And they're both around 50-60 bucks. Not bad at all.

Oct 27, 2017
I was all about Converses in my early twenties, wore them thru the soles, but my back can't take that anymore. Even the Chuck 2s are too thin, so it's Boost or die for me.

iAmPossum

Oct 29, 2017
I desire symmetrical simplicity. Not big into either.

Something like Adidas Samba Classic is what I want to go after:

81jR8jdz7DL._SX480_.jpg

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I wore the low top chucks a bunch in high school. The high tops are too nerdy.

I pretty much always have a pair of Vans.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
If you want the look of OG chucks get the 70s. Better made, more comfortable and not that much pricier. They even look better. IIs look off imo.

All that said, I try to avoid both since about 80%(conservative estimate) of the younger Swedish population wear exclusively the black Vans Old Skools for most of the year. 5 years ago it was the same but with Chucks. (I own white Vans because I'm a dirty hipster, also they were on deep discount).

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love my Converse, but like many others mentioned their support really sucks. Replacing the insoles with comfy gel ones does wonders.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Converse are some of the least comfortable popular shoes on the market. It's a miracle how anyone can walk a decent distance in them

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
More of an Etnie's RVM man myself, or Adidas SL72's ( what's good enough for Starsky and Hutch....). Think I owned a pair of DC BMX shoes way back when, are Pony still going????
Chucks are great for the summer but they are way overpriced here in the UK as far as "bang for your buck" is concerned .

Last edited: