Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Article
vanilla-ice-454718-1-402.jpg

Vanilla Ice is throwing a Fourth of July weekend concert deep in the heart of pandemic hotspot Texas.
The Iceman will cometh this Friday at a concert venue in Austin, where all the bars are otherwise closed due to COVID-19.

The concert is titled the Independence Day Throwback Beach Party and it's happening due to a legal loophole, the Austin Chronicle pointed out. The venue — Emerald Point Bar & Grill, located on the shores of Lake Travis — is technically a restaurant, even though it also has a large capacity outdoor general admission concert space. So fans don't have to collaborate with or listen to current recommended coronavirus guidelines that seek to eliminate large crowds.

"I can't wait to get back to this," the "Ice Ice Baby" singer posted on Instagram along with some of his previous packed concert footage. "The 90s were the best. We didn't have coronavirus, or cell phones, or computers. We had 5.0's, blockbuster, Beavis and Butthead, Wayne's World, Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan ... Mortal Kombat is still better than Fortnight ... the last of the great decades."

The concert is selling 2,500 tickets, which is roughly half of the venue's potential capacity. Tickets range from $25 for general admission to $300 for VIP seating (the latter is sold out).

===Update

Cancelled

Last edited:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Vanilla Ice is definitely the only person in the world that wants to go back to the 90s.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The dude apparently made tons of money doing some very boring stuff.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I saw him live once. There was maybe 20 people there, so it's probably okay.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Make the infection rate boom

Covid killing you off like a poisonous mushroom

Deadly, the price you pay for my melody

Doing this show, at best should be a felony

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Vanilla Ice is definitely the only person in the world that wants to go back to the 90s.

Well he might have more incentive because of his popularity back then, but I think there are more people out there than you think that wouldn't mind going back to the 90's.

If I could have the 90s social communication (talking instead of texting/social media) + current day acceptance against discrimination (compared to the past), I'd be set.

Plus music and other entertainment.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
makes sense from a guy who swears he didnt steal from queen cuz he slightly changed 1 beat

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
There's only one person who can stop this, and his name is Suge Knight. Someone convince the government to let him out of prison. It'll be like Suicide Squad but in real life.