stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023

qn3w8FG.png

Makes complete sense to me. Valorant only demands integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics and some old ass Core 2 Duo as a baseline, which all of these systems stomp.

Linux is interesting to me, too. It'd be great to have Valorant on the Steam Deck as long as they do input based matchmaking for crossplay.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I hope they've been paying attention to the apex scene. Otherwise, expect controllers to dominate.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Steam Deck is dying for an amazing, modern PvP game like this. Praying for input based matchmaking crossplay...

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Hopefully an option to disable crossplay. Any sort of ability to use aim assist would kill this game overnight.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
imagine the absolute rage if they employed crossplay with some kind of aim assist for controller players ala COD

(would never happen, but lol the utter madness of that idea)

OP
OP
stopmrdomino

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
I hope they've been paying attention to the apex scene. Otherwise, expect controllers to dominate.

Hopefully an option to disable crossplay. Any sort of ability to use aim assist would kill this game overnight.
We can see Linux/Windows/Mac as it's own crossplay pool in the image, meaning that unless they add controller support to the PC version that won't be an option period

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how they'll handle Chronus users on consoles

Valorant anti-cheat on PC is pretty intensr.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's going to be a completely different game on the consoles (regardless of aim assist) but I guess that could be... interesting? Kinda like Siege Console vs Siege PC

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Cool if it comes but I'm not getting my hopes up. Feel like there's been hints of a console version for years now and nothing comes of it, plus they still haven't managed to get Wild Rift out on consoles.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
huh wonder if that means maybe its getting added to Steam. But if not, Linux port is huge. More multiplayer games need them.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
There better be gyro aiming & flick stick support for PlayStation & Switch.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
It will be interesting to see how they are dealing with Linux, are they trusting lockdown mode (probably not), shipping a kernel module or what. Now that we got performant open source graphics drivers will we need to compile glue code for some black box anti-cheat kernel module?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There were job listings for this and Valorant mobile right after the PC client launched so I'm surprised it's taken this long to resurface. I imagine it's just going to be the mobile version that's current being tested in Asia which is in line with their plans for LoL Wild Rift, so this will likely not have any shared matchmaking with the PC version. Apparently that version is much more lenient when it comes to shots which makes sense.

OP
OP
stopmrdomino

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
There better be gyro aiming & flick stick support for PlayStation & Switch.
If it's anything like Counter Strike 2, something like Flick Stick that can turn you 180° instantly would get you banned.

They protect the input to 180° turn under sv_cheats and people got banned for abusing it when it was accidentally whitelisted... Positioning is so important in these games that the ability to constantly just press back on the right stick to turn 180° instantly is borderline cheating lol

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Coming to consoles just like how Wild Rift is coming to consoles

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Legitimately something I've hoped for for a long time.
Valorant and Counter Strike are the only reasons I wish I had a gaming desktop.

Cappy

Feb 5, 2018
Just gotta keep PC M&K folks out of the console pools. Better they don't ruin the experience for everyone else, lol.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
Controllers currently dominate the apex scene due to the advantages of the built in aim assist. It's been an issue of conflict for some time now and respawn doesn't seem to have a solution.

The most common solution to mixed input crossplay has been massively buffing controller aim assist.
Is the aim assist present if you use controller on PC too? Out of curiosity.

What's the reason for not doing a split crossplay pool (PC in one pool, consoles in another) and PC players only play with console players if they party up with a friend? Wait, that doesn't solve it either if you can get aim assist on PC. Hmm...

Why not ditch mixed-input crossplay, and keyboard guy plays in a controller lobby if he parties up with his controller friend?

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
I have a lot of console-only friends.

I can't wait for them to join me in getting absolutely bodied.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Does that just mean a Linux version download on their site? Makes it sound like no Steam version.

Oct 25, 2017
IMO, any kind of aim assist kind of ruins this type of game. I don't think it's gonna be as good on controller. I have my doubts about it being good at all.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Is the aim assist present if you use controller on PC too? Out of curiosity.

What's the reason for not doing a split crossplay pool (PC in one pool, consoles in another) and PC players only play with console players if they party up with a friend? Wait, that doesn't solve it either if you can get aim assist on PC. Hmm...

Why not ditch mixed-input crossplay, and keyboard guy plays in a controller lobby if he parties up with his controller friend?
Yes controllers on PC have it as well.

I believe Apex actually has a console default/PC opt-in style of crossplay, where console players joining a squad with PC players get put on PC servers. Which is probably why the aim assist strength for PC controllers is the same as console, because they cannot play on console controller servers.

Ideally it would be better to have all controllers default to one server pool, and all kb/m default to another. If a controller player chooses to join a kb/m player's squad, then they get put into kb/m servers without additional aim assist. This way the PC controller players do not get screwed out of playing with console players by default. Kb/m players would not be able to play in controller servers this way, eliminating the need for aim assist to be so high in the first place.

IMO, any kind of aim assist kind of ruins this type of game. I don't think it's gonna be as good on controller. I have my doubts about it being good at all.
Aim assist can primarily be slowdown and not snap on or tracking. Doom 2016 did this and was a solid experience.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Riot knows how to read the room. PC players will never have controller aim assist. They are too hardcore for it.

They'll make a whole new game (a la Wild Rift) to avoid the image of "casualizing" their marquee PC titles

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice to have on macOS at some point, but it's good to see it going to all those platforms for sure.

Edit: NEVERMIND the image in the OP literally shows Mac lol.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
really shocked it took this long, might pick it back up just to mess with it. The consolification of the UI happened over a year ago

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There were job listings for this and Valorant mobile right after the PC client launched so I'm surprised it's taken this long to resurface. I imagine it's just going to be the mobile version that's current being tested in Asia which is in line with their plans for LoL Wild Rift, so this will likely not have any shared matchmaking with the PC version. Apparently that version is much more lenient when it comes to shots which makes sense.

I'm surprised it's taking this long as I recall last year when Xbox inked the deal with Riot to bring their games with perks to PC Game Pass that consoles were on the cards and they probably weren't going to keep it console exclusive - Linux is interesting though

tjh282

May 29, 2019
Valorant only game that halfway got me trying to learn Mouse and Keyboard, would definitely play on Console and I think it'd be very popular.

Oct 25, 2017
If it's anything like Counter Strike 2, something like Flick Stick that can turn you 180° instantly would get you banned.

They protect the input to 180° turn under sv_cheats and people got banned for abusing it when it was accidentally whitelisted... Positioning is so important in these games that the ability to constantly just press back on the right stick to turn 180° instantly is borderline cheating lol
That seems absurd given you can just… do that with a mouse.

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
The PS4 GPU is going to be 350% faster than the recommended GPU for 60fps:

playvalorant.com

Valorant Specs

Riot Games presents VALORANT: a 5v5 character-based tactical FPS where precise gunplay meets unique agent abilities. Learn about VALORANT and its stylish cast
Sure but I assumed they'd be ported directly to the PS5 and XS S/X, I guess this helps to expand it's player base though.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
About damn time.
I was the guy playing Counter-Strike on OG Xbox Live.
I assume it will be its own console-only server or even sub-game.

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
Unless they add some kind of aim snap or aggressive aim assist to gravitate towards heads, I don't think KBM would be at risk of losing to controller aim assist in a game like Valorant or CS. The core advantage of a mouse is target acquisition and pinpoint accuracy, while the core advantage of a controller (with aim assist) is tracking. KBM is just gonna click heads faster, and tracking in the traditional sense is basically a non existent skill in these games. On top of that, spraying in these games pretty specifically requires you to look away from your target after already being dead center on them, and in a fairly erratic pattern. I honestly don't know how aim assist *should* work in a game like this. I recall csgo on 360 playing like total shit lol.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Coming to consoles just like how Wild Rift is coming to consoles
I really forgot that it was also announced for consoles. Anyway, it's been rumoured for years that it's coming to consoles. I hope if it's true, it will be cross-progression, I bought a few packs for PC version when it was released. :D

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Very curious how they'll handle their root kit / kernel level anti cheat on linux.

I almost don't believe it because of their vanguard anti-cheat. League of Legends is losing linux support real soon because they're bringing Vanguard to the game.

Though it would be nice if it is indeed coming eventually. I know in the League subreddit a lot of people were upset they could no longer play on linux once the anti-cheat rolls out so maybe Riot is already working on a linux specific version.

Valorant and Counter Strike are the only reasons I wish I had a gaming desktop.

A desktop is most likely still going to be the best experience. Also a keyboard, mouse, and monitor would probably cost more than a PC needed to run the games.

Last edited: