Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Have you all heard of this program? I hadn't heard of it until recently and people I've talked to about it all seem to remember it from years ago.

Bacially, kids write to Santa, and the letter goes to a special USPS mailing address. It's then posted online where people can adopt the letter and buy the kid a few things from Santa. Now some of these letters are heartwarming as hell, whereas others are clearly adults asking for motorcycles and trips to dream destinations. This will be our first year adopting in my house and it feels really good. You can adopt from anywhere, but I'd recommend staying close to home since you pay for shipping. Even staying local can be pricey considering shipping costs. We're going to use our own box since we've been told it's cheaper.

Anyway, if you're feeling saucy, go for it. If not, have a laugh at some of the ridiculous requests from parents.

https://www.uspsoperationsanta.com/letters#

Some highlights so far. This kid wants some modest things but also 1 million V-Bucks! lol. That's a bit out of my price range, kiddo.

www.uspsoperationsanta.com

USPS Operation Santa® Program

Adopt a child's letter to Santa this holiday season with the USPS Operation Santa® program. Spread holiday cheer and help make a child's holiday wish come true.

This one only wants Taylor Swift tickets and 5 plane tickets to see Mr. Beast.

https://www.uspsoperationsanta.com/letters/467534

Last edited:

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I have done this a few times. And yes, while there are ridiculous requests, and you can tell some are from parents and not the kids, you will also find a kid just asking for a jacket or backpack or some such.

It's definitely worth doing if you're able to. Take the time to find a list from a family that seems truly in need and help them out.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I worked at a USPS processing plant for awhile. Letter sorters have a dedicated slot for Santa letters, it's pretty cute.

OP
OP
Psychotron

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
My wife and I have done this a few times. And yes, while there are ridiculous requests, and you can tell some are from parents and not the kids, you will also find a kid just asking for a jacket or backpack or some such.

It's definitely worth doing if you're able to. Take the time to find a list from a family that seems truly in need and help them out.

Yeah some of these absolutely break your heart.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
We did this once and someone sent my daughter a sloth stuffie that I swear is half the size of a twin bed.

denisqc

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Same thing at Canada Post, send any letter to Santa, north poile, postal code H0H 0H0 and you'll get an answer by Christmas

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
iPhone seems to a very popular request.

And some of these kids ask for a lot lol. Just read one from a kid who wants a VR headset, a gaming PC, a gaming laptop, a new TV, and some Jordon's

OP
OP
Psychotron

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
iPhone seems to a very popular request.

And some of these kids ask for a lot lol. Just read one from a kid who wants a VR headset, a gaming PC, a gaming laptop, a new TV, and some Jordon's

Yeah, I mean I guess I see why they just ask for everything if it's Santa, but I'd think the parents might keep them a bit more grounded in reality.

nilbog

Movie Aficionado
Oct 25, 2017
Under the Silver Lake
Hmm, where to even start here. Would definitely go bunny if I could mail it.

mnjvBRW.jpg

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah this is why I usually pick up ones from my local community center/church/etc. There are some "greed" ones there too but most break my heart as it's literally families who can't even buy their kids a new pair of normal sneakers or backpacks. I try to fulfill 3-4 requests every year.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
The kids say please in so few of these letters! If I was Santa lots of these kids wouldn't be getting diddly squat

AliceAmber

Don't dream it, be it
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Oh these are cute. I might try to do this next year.

I saw a local kid ask for a katana. Nice

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Wife and I do something similar locally. We pick a few.

No stupid/silly/expensive requests though. These kids have nothing.

One of our kids asked for a pillow. Another ask for "a toy." Another asked for a "Sonic coloring book". One asked for a gift for his sister... not himself.