Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the Everything Everywhere reminder. Couple of places showing it here, may go Friday.

On Downton, I liked the Partridge bit on Downton from the BAFTAs:

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Is anyone going to any of the UK Anamanaguchi dates?
I've got a ticket for tonight's Nottingham gig and it'll be the first gig I've been to solo in around 20 odd years so I'm bricking it.

I know I'm just going to end up staying home :(

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So Everything Everywhere All At Once finally opens in the UK this Friday. Figured I'd go see it after waiting all this time. Buuuut there's no local cinemas showing it, and when I checked there's only ten Vue cinemas outside of London showing it.

At least I can see the latest MCU film 18 times instead.

unknown.png

No I'm not bitter about the MCU, not at all.
Hey, just be happy an A24 film is being showed relatively soon after the USA release. Usually it's many months later or straight up cancelled theatrical showings! A24 are rubbish with UK distribution. They should partner up with Curzon, Picturehouse, or other smaller cinema chains to sort their mess out.

And yes, this is where I'm completely agreed with the points Scorsese brought up about superhero films gobbling up all the cinema chains and leaving indie or arthouse films out in the lurch, most of them now being relegated to streaming platforms.

Taking the whole family to Everything Everywhere All At Once this weekend because they all seem down. Looks like fun.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
So Everything Everywhere All At Once finally opens in the UK this Friday. Figured I'd go see it after waiting all this time. Buuuut there's no local cinemas showing it, and when I checked there's only ten Vue cinemas outside of London showing it.

At least I can see the latest MCU film 18 times instead.

unknown.png

No I'm not bitter about the MCU, not at all.
My nearest Vue is about an hour away, so frequent Cineworld instead that are showing Everything Everywhere All At Once

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
It does have a waxy quality about it.

When I was a kid I was on children in need with the special needs group I went to every week after school and weekends. One of the questions we got asked was about what we thought of Peter andre, my only response was what my cousin had told me before and seeing as he was way older than me at the time I just took it for truth.

Without any shame or doubt I just looked at the camera and said "he's got a fake chest innit" because my cousin had told me his chest was fake and plastic.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
The imax near where I live, got my tickets booked. I'm always greatful that they show anything and everything
VK8hHtF.png

Plum

May 31, 2018
Talking about IMAX... I'm booked in for Top Gun at the BFI IMAX in London. It's not a film I'd have probably gone to see, but gooood it's gonna be a sight to see on that screen.

Oct 27, 2017
Salary reviews landed last week and now my entire team is demotivated as hell. No idea how I'm supposed to perk them all back up when all they want is more money but the firm won't give them any. If we start to lose people we'll be proper fucked, we're already hugely overworked as it is.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Booked mine yesterday morning as well for Friday. Excited to see it after the incredible impressions.
Got mine booked for Saturday with my brother! I watched jujutsu kaisen with my brother in the imax and saw the trailer for Everything Everywhere and just seeing the trailer in imax compelled me to see it there. Outside of the trailer the only impressions I've got is from a person that said they loved the movie at the beginning, was kinda over it in the middle and by the end they were sobbing and absolutely loved it lol, made me excited to see it!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Got mine booked for Saturday with my brother! I watched jujutsu kaisen with my brother in the imax and saw the trailer for Everything Everywhere and just seeing the trailer in imax compelled me to see it there. Outside of the trailer the only impressions I've got is from a person that said they loved the movie at the beginning, was kinda over it in the middle and by the end they were sobbing and absolutely loved it lol, made me excited to see it!
I'm completely in the dark bar the exception of the trailer which I viewed once when it was released and can barely recall, so I can't wait for Friday to roll around to discover it's secrets! Definitely @ me when you've watched it and we can see what we thought!

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Salary reviews landed last week and now my entire team is demotivated as hell. No idea how I'm supposed to perk them all back up when all they want is more money but the firm won't give them any. If we start to lose people we'll be proper fucked, we're already hugely overworked as it is.

Assuming they really can get more money elsewhere this sounds like a "The firm" problem.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I'm completely in the dark bar the exception of the trailer which I viewed once when it was released and can barely recall, so I can't wait for Friday to roll around to discover it's secrets! Definitely @ me when you've watched it and we can see what we thought!
Will do for sure!

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Watching Everything everywhere all at once on the big BFI Imax screen was an absolute joy, you're gonna love the film
Damn that sounds amazing, glad you enjoyed it! They're showing anime at the bfi if I'm correct, or rather have been showing for the past month or so, i was thinking of going but a 5 hour journey to watch millennium actress and akira seems like a lot of effort lol

Plum

May 31, 2018
Hell yes. I'm tempted to travel to get the biggest, baddest experience.
Yeah I'm very excited. Thankfully I was already in London at that time for a concert, so I figured I'd stay another day (staying with family) and go out to finally see what the hype is with this BFI IMAX place.

Talking about concerts... is it weird to go to a concert on your own? No-one of the very few people I know were interested in the band (Beach House), but they're one of my favourites so I didn't want to miss it. Now it's nearing the time I'm going and I feel really nervous :( Feels like I'm gonna be that weird creepy guy standing in the corner or something.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Talking about concerts... is it weird to go to a concert on your own?
Nah nothing weird about that at all, you're there to enjoy the performance and what, you're gonna deny yourself the experience just because nobody else wanted to go? You've got one life, go have fun without a care for what anyone else has to say, and thats coming from someone with social anxieties lol. And in any case, nobody is paying attention and nobody will care, personally how many times have you spotted someone at a venue by themselves and had a single thought about it? And even if they did then those people are the actual weirdos.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Top Gun and the royals, it's bonkers how they roped in Tom Cruise to be part of the jubilee team on ITV just so he could promote the movie at the same time.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sitting in a recovery room still groggy after surgery and feeling a bit emotional about how miraculous it is the NHS is still so wonderful despite everything the Tories have done to it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Nah nothing weird about that at all, you're there to enjoy the performance and what, you're gonna deny yourself the experience just because nobody else wanted to go? You've got one life, go have fun without a care for what anyone else has to say, and thats coming from someone with social anxieties lol. And in any case, nobody is paying attention and nobody will care, personally how many times have you spotted someone at a venue by themselves and had a single thought about it? And even if they did then those people are the actual weirdos.
True! Thanks for the pep talk :) I guess the way I have to look at it is that I will know nobody there, and nobody there will know me. So... why should I care?

That and I think the band being a bit more mellow than most will really help. You're not exactly gonna be expected to get up and dance like mad whilst they're playing a slow dreamy ballad :P

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Sitting in a recovery room still groggy after surgery and feeling a bit emotional about how miraculous it is the NHS is still so wonderful despite everything the Tories have done to it.
Glad to hear you're doing good, it is overwhelming sometimes to think about how good we got it especially when looking across the pond despite the governments attempt to ruin everything.

True! Thanks for the pep talk :) I guess the way I have to look at it is that I will know nobody there, and nobody there will know me. So... why should I care?

That and I think the band being a bit more mellow than most will really help. You're not exactly gonna be expected to get up and dance like mad whilst they're playing a slow dreamy ballad :P
Yeah don't worry about it, just go and have fun! You'll regret it if you don't go.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Speaking of Top Gun and the royals, it's bonkers how they roped in Tom Cruise to be part of the jubilee team on ITV just so he could promote the movie at the same time.

It's weird because if you give 2 shits about the royals it's massively disrespectful to use this event to hawk a very, very American movie sequel.

And if you don't, why in the name of heck are you watching ITV's jubilee coverage?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The imax near where I live, got my tickets booked. I'm always greatful that they show anything and everything
VK8hHtF.png
Damn I'm jealous your IMAX is showing it. I want to see it on IMAX but not showing for London or Surrey. I'd love to know what your impressions are from seeing it on IMAX, since it wasn't filmed in that format. Hopefully it still looks great!
Watching Everything everywhere all at once on the big BFI Imax screen was an absolute joy, you're gonna love the film

This was the May 4th showing with Q&A? I'm so jealous, what was the Q&A like?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021
This was the May 4th showing with Q&A? I'm so jealous, what was the Q&A like?

Yep. It was honestly so good, you could tell how passionate the directors were about this film and hearing about the process of how they made this film just adds to how magical and beautifully crafted this film really is, especially considering how much it cost to make the film.They had nothing but great things to say about the actors especially Ke Huy Quan (I hope Hollywood hires him in more movies, because he's just so wonderful). They told us about a deleted scene that was almost in the film which sounds absolutely wild (they said it will be on the Blu-ray).Also we had Riz Ahmed host the Q&A and that was just awesome to see.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yep. It was honestly so good, you could tell how passionate the directors were about this film and hearing about the process of how they made this film just adds to how magical and beautifully crafted this film really is, especially considering how much it cost to make the film.They had nothing but great things to say about the actors especially Ke Huy Quan (I hope Hollywood hires him in more movies, because he's just so wonderful). They told us about a deleted scene that was almost in the film which sounds absolutely wild (they said it will be on the Blu-ray).Also we had Riz Ahmed host the Q&A and that was just awesome to see.
Oh man, that sounds awesome, glad you enjoyed! I love asking questions at Q&As, so hope they attend more.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Tickets I bought to see Stewart Lee in 2019 got delayed into 2021 and then now 2022, so FINALLY getting to see him at Southbank Centre on June 29th. Can't wait but clearly I had to 😅

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
At least the Beeb are going to put his new material on the box, would love a proper tv show again but at least they know he's still alive.
2 hours of Stewart Lee is better than nothing.