Zaph

Oct 25, 2017

Today's moment of zen - roadman doesn't realise boxpark security is a former heavyweight champion

SWoS

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Anyone else use heating oil? Price is getting absolutely crippling. Been paying £160/month DD and got a letter from them saying they want to increase my payments to £290. When we moved here last year I could get 500L for around £200, now it's over £600 for the same amount and keeps going up

Yep, we're on heating oil too. Filled up a few months ago at around £1/ltr when prices were on the way up.

You could have a look and see if there's any local heating oil clubs where you are - there may be some small savings to be made. Not sure if you'll be able to spread the cost if you go that route though.

We're looking to go solar ASAP to be honest!

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
What's the context here, who is who and what's the argument?

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Do these holidays ever apply to people that work in shops or hospitality.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Do these holidays ever apply to people that work in shops or hospitality.
Depends on their contract.

Point of order, if you're ALREADY wanking does this means you need to keep it up for 10 days straight?
If it's your saluting hand, you stop wanking when the new king is crowned, and whenever you see a flag or corgi. Salute, then resume.

If you're a leftie like me, you can crack on throughout.

edit: take care during the wank>salute transition. You don't want it in your eyes.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK

980.jpg

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Today's moment of zen - roadman doesn't realise boxpark security is a former heavyweight champion

Hate to be a wet blanket (and I'm watching this with the sound off, and obviously I don't know what's happened before filming), but it looks like this guy had already been kicked out and was walking away when the security guard just knocked him out. Seems unnecessary at that point, doesn't it?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm getting all these notifications from a bunch of wankers, just knock off knocking it off for 10 days.
I did it for the Queen mum
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Despite still being in Credit on my account Bulb have qdecided to increase my monthly Direct debit by £51/month. Their online system won't allow me to drop it to less than £39/month more than it was.

I've emailed them and told them to drop it to £15/month more than it was. Over the next 3-4 months I'm barely going to be at the house so usage is going to drop significantly anyway. I'll manage my own account thanks guys. I'll choose what my Direct debit is going to be, not you. I don't want to build up a large credit (again) when that credit is better in my account than theirs right now. I've heard way too much about suppliers cranking Direct Debits up way higher than necessary to force people into building up large credits just so the suppliers will have more cash (and presumably earn interest on)

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
I'm a month in credit and it's gone up this month. Every single time I submit a reading I'm using less electricity and about half the gas they think I do.

I think they're desperate for cash flow.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
who's ready for 30c+!?

I don't mind this weather, especially as someone who used to work on a farm in the middle of nowhere in Australia, but it is the humidity at nighttime in our little cottage (which prefers to keep the heat inside) that's the problem … 🥵

I also bought this carry around Meaco fan a couple of years ago for a third of the RRP (£99) that is actually amazing.

Test-Meaco-Fan-1056-DC-Tischventilator-6.jpg

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Seconded. I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are.

I assume Roadman (who?) is the guy that gets knocked out, but what's the name of the bouncer (or is it a joke based on how effective the punch was?).

I thought roadman was slang for a rather loud and disagreeable fellow behaving in an overly boisterous manner.

"Oh I say, look over there, that roadman chappie is kerb stomping the traffic warden working on behalf of the local authority"

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Our house is amazing in the summer for whatever reason so I am prepared - Stays coooooool

I also lived in se asia for 1.5 years so 30c is quite comfy for me honestly

DONT YOU PEOPLE MOAN!!! REMEMEBER THE GREY COLD DAYS WHEN YOU CONSIDER IT

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I don't mind this weather, especially as someone who used to work on a farm in the middle of nowhere in Australia, but it is the humidity at nighttime in our little cottage (which prefers to keep the heat inside) that's the problem … 🥵

I also bought this carry around Meaco fan a couple of years ago for a third of the RRP (£99) that is actually amazing.

Test-Meaco-Fan-1056-DC-Tischventilator-6.jpg
I bought one last year, after a recommendation here, and it was great for a while, then developed a horrible ticking when used in oscillating mode. Really quiet when used in a fixed position though.

Faith

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's going to be 31c here on Friday, I'm melting already just thinking about it.

Can't wait for it to be cooler again, so October.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
We haven't had a proper weeks and weeks long scorching summer for a long time. We have had plague now is the time for a drought.