Jul 26, 2018
Bought Crash this weekend because you gotta put your money where your mouth is. Can't be clamoring for platformers to come back and then when we get a top notch one be like...I'm gonna wait for it to be 20 bucks.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Bought Crash this weekend because you gotta put your money where your mouth is. Can't be clamoring for platformers to come back and then when we get a top notch one be like...I'm gonna wait for it to be 20 bucks.

lol... you caught me red handed.

I'd buy it full price if it was a Switch port!

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
I don't imagine Crash 4 has sold anywhere near as much the trilogy did - although it is basically double the price.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
MOVE OVER KNACK
nYSAvoB.gif

CRASH IS BACK BAYBEEEEEEEEE

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Let's see if Activision puts out PR. We need Crash 4 to be successful so more publishers greenlight 3D platformers. Not even Nintendo makes enough of them.

Last edited:

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Crash is so good

There was one level so far that reminded me of Tropical freeze for some reason; had the same sort of vibe

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
If you're a fan of N.sane or the original games, you need to buy it, it's worth it! I hope Spyro 4 ends up this good.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
Christopher Dring :"Crash 4's launch sales are 80% lower than that of N.Sane Trilogy. Crash has a history with PlayStation, and so it's no surprise to see that 82% of sales were on PS4 with the remainder on Xbox One. The new game was not made for Nintendo Switch (at least not yet), which has been a popular platform for Crash games with big sales for the N.Sane Trilogy and Crash Team Racing."

www.gamesindustry.biz

Crash Bandicoot 4 narrowly beats Star Wars Squadrons to No.1 l UK Boxed Charts

Activision's Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time beat EA's Star Wars Squadrons to No.1 this week, with just 1,000 boxed …

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Christopher Dring :"Crash 4's launch sales are 80% lower than that of N.Sane Trilogy. Crash has a history with PlayStation, and so it's no surprise to see that 82% of sales were on PS4 with the remainder on Xbox One. The new game was not made for Nintendo Switch (at least not yet), which has been a popular platform for Crash games with big sales for the N.Sane Trilogy and Crash Team Racing."

www.gamesindustry.biz

Activision's Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time beat EA's Star Wars Squadrons to No.1 this week, with just 1,000 boxed …

The nostalgia for those Crash games was insane. This is still good tbh

Jul 26, 2018
Woof...that doesn't seem good at all... Glad I did my part so we can get Spyro 4 and Crash 5... Hope this is an evergreen like NST has been.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

www.gamesindustry.biz

A whole 80% lower? I reckon digital is stronger now but still, that kind of drop does not look good, even with it being full retail in comparison

OP
OP
Raigor

Raigor

May 14, 2020

www.gamesindustry.biz

Being full price didn't help.

N.Sane was like half the price

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
In Amazon US, the game is not that high in the charts. I know it's not the whole market, but Amazon is clearly the biggest retailer in the US.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

www.gamesindustry.biz

Welp. Back to the dead IP drawer :(

OP
OP
Raigor

Raigor

May 14, 2020
In Amazon US, the game is not that high in the charts. I know it's not the whole market, but Amazon is clearly the biggest retailer in the US.

Europe is Crash major market.

The high price is the major factor for this drop in sales compared to N.Sane physical sales.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I feel like Crash 4 came out of nowhere with almost no buzz/hype. I've never seen an ad for it either. Too bad if it doesn't do well because by all accounts it sounds like it's really well made.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The long persecuted crash bandicoot fans (as they would have you believe) have finally been redeemed. No longer do they need to convince the world that crash was "alwayys better than mario 64", no longer do they need to tell everyone they know that "ctr nitro fueled is a game that those pompous mario fans wish mario kart could be". You've made it, put down your arms, no one will attack your child hood icon any longer.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order was estimated at 89k on here. SW Squadrons is 72% lower than JFO and Crash 4 is 1k higher than that, so estimates are:

Crash 4 26k
SW Squadrons 25k

Both a lot lower than last months big releases. N.Sane trilogy would be 130k based on this estimate, which iirc seems right. Obviously this is physical only but I would say that's disappointing for Crash 4, digital sales for it won't be as high as games like SW Squadrons which are multiplayer and cheaper.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
wow.

even with the price change that seems a lot.

I guess they'll have a switch SKU and next gen SKU soon.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Crash sales are lower than expected but then again selling the game at full price is a whole other category than offering 3 games for a budget collection.

UK is a very price sensitive market so thats not that surprising. At this stage of the generation having a Switch version at launch would also helped quite a bit.

Star Wars did quite well, didnt expect it to sell anywhere close to Crash 4.

Jedi Fallen Order was estimated at 89k on here. SW Squadrons is 72% lower than JFO and Crash 4 is 1k higher than that, so estimates are:

Crash 4 26k
SW Squadrons 25k

Both a lot lower than last months big releases. N.Sane trilogy would be 130k based on this estimate, which iirc seems right. Obviously this is physical only but I would say that's disappointing for Crash 4, digital sales for it won't be as high as games like SW Squadrons which are multiplayer and cheaper.
Oh wow, thats even worse than i expected. Thanks for the math and numbers.

This is gonna be on sale pretty soon.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London

www.gamesindustry.biz

This was never going to do NST numbers, but I see no reason to be worried considering these are physical sales in the middle of a pandemic, for a game that was pushed digitally in marketing. Feel like we go through this with UK physical sales every time there's a new release and it usually turns out fine. Also, is this not 2 days of Crash 4's sales vs NST's whole first week?

Will never understand why Activision make Switch and PC players wait, though.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017

www.gamesindustry.biz

You know your platform choice is weird when even the sale journalist question why your game skipped the Switch.