Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Whew, glad it wasn't just me. It was saying my password is invalid when I know that's not the case. Thought I had somehow been "hacked", as your aunt would say after clicking a malicious link.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Facebook down here too.

How does stuff like this actually happen on global scale for hundreds of millions of people?

That's something very serious probably?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Misogynistic Rhetoric
Insta-thots found sobbing in the corner.

lilty

Oct 25, 2017
New Brunswick
Thought I was being compromised despite having layers of security. Thanks for making this thread so I know it's not just me and I can have some peace of mind lol.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
FB let me log in, let me see everything is blank, then kicked me out again lol

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the thread. Thought my account was compromised and couldn't understand why I couldn't change passwords or anything at all

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The servers got too loaded with so many people rushing to wish me a happy birthday. Sorry bout that. It ain't easy being so popular.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
Come on lizard boy.. fix your shit.

Have you tried unplugging Facebook and plugging it back in?

3190769121_776fab87da_o.jpg

CoinStarDX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Already seeing morons posting elsewhere saying "this is it!!" And that maybe those conspiracy people aren't so crazy after all 🤔🤔

Honestly the worst part of stuff like this happening.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Facebook down here too.

How does stuff like this actually happen on global scale for hundreds of millions of people?

Zuck doesn't give two shits about proper security. They'll do what is the bare minimum, but they don't care about accounts getting hacked.....because the boomers will just make a new one anyway. It's on us to ensure we have an authentication app and numerous layers of security to protect accounts.

Oct 29, 2017
Upstate New York
Good to know it's not just me lol.

Don't really use FB much anymore but it's still my primary way of communicating with some family members like my mom and uncles (and a handful of friends who I don't have on other platforms).

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Zuck doesn't give two shits about proper security. They'll do what is the bare minimum, but they don't care about accounts getting hacked.....because the boomers will just make a new one anyway. It's on us to ensure we have an authentication app and numerous layers of security to protect accounts.
Yeah this is not about an account here and there that is affected. This is on a global scale all at once.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot my email and password to my FB account which is logged into one of my phones. Guess this is it? Lol

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the last time that all facebook services went down a few years ago, and the thread was 50% "yay! i hope it stays down forever" and 50% "how dare you, whatsapp is the only way that i can talk to my family, you asshole"

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Messaged my daughters and wife so they didn't panic, lol. My youngest daughter lost her electronics for lying yesterday, so at least she hasn't been affected with Youtube/App problems, haha.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seeing issues on non-meta products as well. I assume some infrastructure like AWS has failed.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I thought it was just me. Tried to reset my password so many times at this point and nothing worked haha.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Had a failed password error which led me to thinking that I was breached. Reset password and still had issues. Came here and saw other people having issues as well which is a reliever.

I'm suspecting either DNS error on FB end or a breach. If the latter, expect it to take longer to come up and an announcement to be made.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
YouTube is cooked right now too

Uber Eats was out for like 8 hours last night too

Scarlett

Dec 5, 2020
There's jokes, but I know people who are completely cut off because they "don't text or phone" or even branch out to Discord or WhatsApp.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Facebook down here too.

This happens more frequently than people have a memory for. No one can guarantee than an online service is 100% up. It's got to happen sometime, and yeah for Meta that means that bajillions of people are affected. This is that time basically. Facebook will report on this eventually.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
After having some difficulty myself (I've been spammed for MFA codes a few weeks ago), I almost thought my account was compromised. After resetting my password and couldn't get in, I came here first before doing some web searches .