cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
EDIT: My original response was to the original misspelled title and thread which didn't mention that two people died in a plane crash.

Obviously, this is tragic, not funny at all.

Last edited:

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Why do people have to go so over the top with this shit, sad that 2 people apparently died from this

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
-------

posted in the thread

Edit: It was from the Daily Mail which is banned here but the article says the 2 pilots died in the crash.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Wow way to give your child survivors guilt before they're even born. "Hey billy we got 2 people killed when revealing your gender!"

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
CanCUM for some reason is very fitting for the place.

Regarding the thread, why can people have "normal" gender reveal parties like me, only a small balloon (no helium) and a small dinner, that's it. I don't like these things but for my girlfriend it was important, i understand guys wanting to please their partner, but please be normal.

Games

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't have minded being informed I was going to watch two people die in a plane crash before clicking the video.

Edit: Posted before the title update. Still an incredibly lazy thread with so little information.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
How the fuck do people keep deciding to do these when reports of grievous injury and death are so common? Is it just the "it can't happen to me" mentality, or what?

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
5ed264e94f96adf0a53d5eb2b5cad0e0.jpg

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
This is the best source I could find so far (didn't want to use the US Sun or NY Post).

At least two dead after Cessna crashes into CancĂşn lagoon - La Prensa Latina Media

Personnel from various emergency services supported the rescue of the passengers, although one died while the rescue maneuvers were being carried out, Francisco Fernández Millán, president of the Nautical Association of Quintana Roo, said in a statement.

Later, emergency services reported that a second person was rescued alive but died on the ground while receiving first aid from paramedics.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
So to be fair I don't think it's that crazy to hire a plane to fly by with a sign.

I presume that's quite a common thing they do and not unusual.

It seems like a very unexpected accident

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why even do this? Why try to 1-up the next guy? Just reveal the gender like a normal person dammit.

I feel sorry for the pilot and co-pilot.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So to be fair I don't think it's that crazy to hire a plane to fly by with a sign.

Yeah. This is tragic accident but it's not like hiring a plane to by with a sign is some extreme thing.

Sep 14, 2019
RIP to those that passed.

So... are gender party reveals separate from a baby shower?

Are you supposed to bring a gift to each party if so?

Jul 18, 2018
I don't see how people think it's ridiculous for people to hire a plane to fly a sign. That's pretty much a "common service".

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

This is where I'm at, flying signs aren't new or crazy.

Gender reveal parties are still fucking stupid though.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
RIP to those that passed.

So... are gender party reveals separate from a baby shower?

Are you supposed to bring a gift to each party if so?

Yes, they are separate.

The biggest and most important is the baby shower (Talking about gifts and party).

Gender reveal is a more small , family only reunion, normally a gift is not required. obviously as you can see, there are people that loves to super shine in anyway they can.

Gender reveals have become very big here in Mexico en the recent years, but people are taking it too far lately (maybe due to COVID? who knows)

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit bad faith to suggest this tragedy is another dumbass gender reveal incident.

Sep 14, 2019
To... to announce the sex of your child?

Something that, by all accounts, is not news of any kind?

I think their point is that people hire planes to fly a sign for anything and everything, including unimportant things, all the time.

Don't get me wrong, gender reveal parties seem silly (I still don't know if they're separate from a baby shower), but hiring a plane to fly a sign for something silly is not new.

Edit: Thanks for clarifying Fercho!