Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i mix tuna with miracle whip and add onions or pickles

EDIT: i guess thats what tarter sauce is made of

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
I was turned off by tuna when my parents tried to add it to mac and cheese when I was younger. Get that shit out of here.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tuna salad is tuna mixed with mayonnaise.

Which is delicious because mayonnaise/aioli is the best condiment.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
WTF? No.

It's mayo and pickles.. celery is a great add... but no.. it is NOT tartar sauce. Tartar sauce always has some kind of acid, be it vinegar or lemon juice added.. and typically things like capers and dill as well as pickles.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Tuna salad is tuna with mayo and celery, maybe a little bit of some vinegar. Other stuff is optional.

Tartar sauce is lemon and pickles added to mayo, right?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
It's more than that it has onions, dill, celery, etc in it. Put some goddamn respect on tuna salad's name.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
i mix tuna with miracle whip and add onions or pickles

EDIT: i guess thats what tarter sauce is made of
My parents like tuna with mayo, mustard, relish, and boiled eggs. My mom hated Miracle Whip until I made a tuna sandwich for her using just tuna and Miracle Whip and showed it tasted close to the sandwiches she liked but with less ingredients.

————

People hating on hot tuna smh.

Tuna melts and tuna helper are good.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
This week's thread where everyone reveals they have no idea what food is made out of.

"Ew, now way. Mayo and tartar sauce are totally different!"

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Ew. What? Make your own. Throw in celery, red onions, black beans, whatever you want. Make it better.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
I never make tuna salad with tartar sauce. Mayo, and a dash of yellow mustard perhaps. Maybe a hint of soy sauce. But no tartar sauce.

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are crazy. Tuna and mayo and celery / relish is just regular tuna fish for like a sandwich. Tuna salad is tuna mayo and a cooked pasta mixed together like a pasta salad. Tuna and tartar sauce is just tuna and fucking tartar sauce.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Don't forget the relish. I usually add a little lemon juice and Old Bay too. Which is exactly how I make tartar sauce.
Just because you mix up tuna salad like a tartar sauce doesn't mean that's what it is. Tuna salad is literally tuna + mayo. If you were making a sandwich you add sandwich toppings. Most people will add some chopped green onion or possibly diced pickles . I've never seen relish or mustard in a tuna salad .
Tartar sauce is mayo, relish, mustard , lemon juice , salt, pepper , etc .