.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
United States President Donald Trump said there would be "suicides by the thousands" if businesses were not re-opened soon, despite warnings from the World Health Organization that the country could become the new epicentre of the novel coronavirus.

Speaking on the White House front lawn for a Fox News town hall, Trump spoke of scaling back social distancing and re-opening restaurants and businesses, insisting that the U.S. "wasn't built to be shut down."

"I don't want the cure be worse than the problem itself," Trump said.

The president's comments go directly against the advice of the country's medical professionals, who have pushed for social distancing and self-isolation to help flatten the curve of the pandemic.

By Tuesday, the World Health Organization had announced over 42,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the U.S., increasing the country's death toll to 471.

Margaret Harris, a spokesperson for the organization, told reporters Tuesday they saw a "very large acceleration" of confirmed cases across the country in recent days. She said 40 per cent of new cases found within the last 24 hours came from the U.S.

By contrast, Canada's chief public health officer Theresa Tam said Tuesday that Canada had confirmed 2,170 cases of the new coronavirus and recorded 25 deaths — raising questions about how the Canada-U.S. border would be affected should Trump ease restrictions to jump-start the economy.

Currently, the Canadian government has moved to limit all non-essential travel across the Canada-U.S. border for tourism and recreational purposes in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus.

Watch the clip, it's absolutely fucking disgusting he would casually make light of the extremely sad action of suicide, all for the sake of $$$$$ and voting numbers for November.

globalnews.ca

Coronavirus: Trump warns of ‘suicides by thousands’ if U.S. businesses don’t re-open soon - National | Globalnews.ca

Earlier, the U.S. president said he would "love" to re-open the economy by Easter, despite WHO warnings that the country could become the new epicentre of the disease.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Is he trying to bait his insane base to commit suicide to own the libs? Has he finally gone that far? Please tell me I'm seeing things.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Will someone please ask this idiot why hospitals aren't overrun with all these automobile accidents, flus, and suicides?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lead by example Republicans! You know you need the stock market to justify your pathetic existence way more than we do :)

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Man is literally insane. I don't what can we even do anymore to stop this man. He's going to fight us every way even if he loses his election and he has an army of supporters to back him up if he refuses to leave...

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I hope he chokes on his own vomit.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This brazen stupidly might even have worked if we weren't literally in the beginning stages of the crisis. As tone deaf as these words sound right now, they're going to sound 50 times worse when the casualties are also 50 times worse within a month's time.

He was always able to bury his past bullshit with newer bullshit and get away with it. But this problem is not something that happened in the past, it's something that is actively happening and getting worse, and there's nothing he can do. Now he has to be a President and not just an IRL shitposter and he can't fucking stand it.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"Capitalism is a death cult" has never rang more true....

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Man is literally insane. I don't what can we even do anymore to stop this man. He's going to fight us every way even if he loses his election and he has an army of supporters to back him up if he refuses to leave...

I'm not entirely sure what the weekend warriors would do against the Secret Service, but I'd love to see them try.

We heard the same thing with Clinton, with Bush, and with Obama. No, he's not going to anything to stay in office after losing. He'll bitch and moan in a few press conferences about how he really won, and then he'll travel around in rallies and yell on twitter up till the point he keels over.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
meh fuck him. When he loses, he ceases to be president at noon Jan 20th. At that moment he no longer has any power nor control of anything and secret service will throw his dusty orange ass out or in jail for trespassing. His followers can go to hell as well. What they gonna do? go on facebook and bitch? Or twitter?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's citing no evidence what so ever.

He's just listening to Fox News and regurgitating.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Give people the support they need by actually giving a stimulus to the public.
Businesses can kick rocks. Help the people!

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
FUCK that sob for ever mentioned faux concern about suicides after what his administration has done to LGBT rights.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
America isnt a country, a government or its people. Its an ideology which constantly needs to consume otherwise it will die. The corona virus is just stripping away the paint even further.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
If only there was an institution whose role it was to help those people through this trying time

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok fuck it. Let all the cultists go back to work while everyone sane stays home. The problem will solve itself. Sorry to anyone who can't afford to hunker down but the govt wasn't going to take care of you either way.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
How long do we project it will be before COVID-19 deaths surpass flu, automobile accidents, and suicides put together? April 29?