Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So close to a million.
While President Trump's rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday was pitched as an over-subscribed event, with Trump campaign staffers touting ticket registrations over a million, the final turnout came to a fraction of the venue's overall capacity, confirming reports of low turnout that dogged what was meant to be Trump's triumphant return to the campaign trail.

Andrew Little, the Public Information Officer for the Tulsa Fire Department, confirmed to Forbes on Sunday that a tally taken by the fire marshal clocked the turnout at just under 6,200 people, far fewer attendees than the campaign expected.
www.forbes.com

Turnout At Trump’s Tulsa Rally Was Just Under 6,200–A Fraction Of The Venue’s 19,200 Capacity

The campaign had anticipated turnout high enough to warrant a second speech to the overflow section.

Bonus:

Last edited:

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That definitely means fewer white supremacist campaigns the rest of the year.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe more people would have attended if they hadn't counted the people in the audience.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Rolled by a bunch of teenagers and K-pop fans, who joined forces to sign up for thousands of tickets under fake email addresses... With zero intention of ever turning up. Amazing.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
People actually waited outside for DAYS to listen and watch this whiny, baby handed, man baby drink water with one fucking hand clapping like zombies like it was an amazing achievement. He expected 1 million or more people and ended up with 6000ish. Can't wait to see the his agents of hate turn into fucking pretzels trying to explain what the fuck he was saying, and explain who the fuck "Al Big Daddy" is, and if trump owes him money. All for the chance of catching Covid and die blaming the libs with their last ventilated breath. Good luck America. 🤡🤡🤡
142ffeabf4e9bba8240fa23eb444679d_w200.gif

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I heard the kpop fans used their power to trick them into thinking there would be more

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
EVERY event gives away unlimited 'tickets'. ALL of them. They never stop giving out 'tickets' and each 'ticket' comes with a disclaimer that you might not get in depending on capacity and turnout.

And every single person gets entry if they are physically present. Even if the venue holds 1000 and you had one billion ticket requests. First come, first served.

People just didn't show up.

SAD.

Last edited:

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Glorious! Loved the dismantling of the stage for the overflow crowd that never showed up.

so did that initiative work?

www.resetera.com

TikTok users are trying to troll Trump's campaign by reserving tickets for Tulsa rally they'll never use

Only a matter of time until Trump goes after TikTok... https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/politics/tiktok-trump-tulsa-rally-trnd/index.html
No, tickets were first come, first served. You couldn't "steal" tickets. Not enough people were interested.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
news.yahoo.com

Hauling tents and coolers, Trump supporters line up days in advance for Tulsa rally

James Massery, 57, of Preston, Oklahoma said he was using his vacation days from work to make sure he gets into the rally.
TULSA – Robin Stites wasn't the first person in line for President Donald Trump's rally, but she was proud that she secured the No. 2 spot.
Wednesday, the Sallisaw, Oklahoma woman and a few friends sat in portable chairs under a large blue umbrella that offered shade from the sun beaming outside the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa.
Stites, 58, captured her place in line on Monday and she said the wait until Saturday's rally will be worth it.
"I'd love to let him know we're here for him. We want to show our support," she said. "We feel like President Trump and his family have dedicated their lives to helping our country. Sacrificing a week of our lives is nothing for what Trump has done for us."
James Massery, 57, of Preston, Oklahoma said he was using his vacation days from work to make sure he gets into the rally.
----------------------------------
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma residents Preston Hanning, 25, and his friend Stephen Corley said they were part of a large group of family and friends who decided they didn't want to risk being turned away if the rally filled up quickly.
Hanning said his parents drove by early in the week and saw that a line had already formed so the family came up with a plan to join others outside the BOK Center. He pointed to the tents, coolers full of water and other items they packed for the wait.
Hanning pointed out that the Trump campaign has said it plans to open several overflow venues if the rally at the BOK Center fills up.
"That just shows the support Trump has," he said.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
more people than that showed up at a black lives matter vigil here in idaho where i live. the shittiest state in the nation.

Oct 26, 2017
news.yahoo.com

Hauling tents and coolers, Trump supporters line up days in advance for Tulsa rally

TULSA – Robin Stites wasn't the first person in line for President Donald Trump's rally, but she was proud that she secured the No. 2 spot.
Wednesday, the Sallisaw, Oklahoma woman and a few friends sat in portable chairs under a large blue umbrella that offered shade from the sun beaming outside the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa.
Stites, 58, captured her place in line on Monday and she said the wait until Saturday's rally will be worth it.
"I'd love to let him know we're here for him. We want to show our support," she said. "We feel like President Trump and his family have dedicated their lives to helping our country. Sacrificing a week of our lives is nothing for what Trump has done for us."
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma residents Preston Hanning, 25, and his friend Stephen Corley said they were part of a large group of family and friends who decided they didn't want to risk being turned away if the rally filled up quickly.
Hanning said his parents drove by early in the week and saw that a line had already formed so the family came up with a plan to join others outside the BOK Center. He pointed to the tents, coolers full of water and other items they packed for the wait.
Hanning pointed out that the Trump campaign has said it plans to open several overflow venues if the rally at the BOK Center fills up.
God, what is this feeling. Delicious schadenfreude

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
news.yahoo.com

lololo so much wasted time to watch a grown man drink water.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Pence was supposed to speak before outside but he noped out back to Washington because there was no one there, I love it

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I wonder how much of this poor attendance can be attributed to the pandemic rather than dwindling support. I imagine most folks, even conservative Republicans, would be taking precautions and staying home.

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much of this poor attendance can be attributed to the pandemic rather than dwindling support. I imagine most folks, even conservative Republicans, would be taking precautions and staying home.

He's fucked either way.

If its dwindling support, he's fucked in November.

If its due to the pandemic fears, it means people are not listening to his downplaying and pleas to go out and work/spend, which means they don't trust or support him, which means he's fucked in November.

Please go out and vote people.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

I think there's some correlation between the two, since his supporters are the ones least likely to be concerned about the virus.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I love a good dose of schadenfreude at the start of my day. Really picks me up. Especially at the cost of racist dumbfucks.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
That would also be bad for Trump since he was using this rally as evidence that everything was back to normal and the economy would rebound. No matter which way you look at it, Trump lost big tonight.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
so did that initiative work?

www.resetera.com

TikTok users are trying to troll Trump's campaign by reserving tickets for Tulsa rally they'll never use

Only a matter of time until Trump goes after TikTok... https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/politics/tiktok-trump-tulsa-rally-trnd/index.html
Yes, but not in the way the original planners expected. Their goal was to take tickets away from people who wanted to attend and that honestly could never happen since that's not how these events work.

What did end up happening was much more glorious than what was originally planned. They masked the real interest the event was getting, managed to get the trump campaign to boast about the high fake interest the event was getting, got the event expanded due to their fake requests, and then absolutely humiliated the trump campaign on live tv when reality set in forcing them to dismantle the overflow event and just hold their hyped up rally in a less than half full arena. This could not have gone any better.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
But if they take precautions and stay home they are not believing Trump's bullshit about it being under control or whatever he's saying these days. So if they didn't come because of the pandemic or another reason doesn't matter, it's bad new for Trump either way.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
news.yahoo.com

For some reasons this reminds me of this lol

CEWKlMNl.jpg

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but not in the way the original planners expected. Their goal was to take tickets away from people who wanted to attend and that honestly could never happen since that's not how these events work.

What did end up happening was much more glorious than what was originally planned. They masked the real interest the event was getting, managed to get the trump campaign to boast about the high fake interest the event was getting, got the event expanded due to their fake requests, and then absolutely humiliated the trump campaign on live tv when reality set in forcing them to dismantle the overflow event and just hold their hyped up rally in a less than half full arena. This could not have gone any better.
hahaha i bet you were laughing while writing this. im rolling over here :D

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Glorious! Loved the dismantling of the stage for the overflow crowd that never showed up.

No, tickets were first come, first served. You couldn't "steal" tickets. Not enough people were interested.

That may be one way to look at it, but on the other hand, if Trump was boasting that 1M people are expected to show up to a venue with a 19.6k max person limit, and then everyone else will be stuck outside (in the June heat), they may have second thoughts about showing up, especially during a pandemic (and w/ potential protestors around the area).
And it was reported that people had showed up and camped out since Monday..... it's the same reason many people sit out on Black Friday. They don't want to join the lines late, only to miss out on the deals. advertising that many people could actually be a deterrent.

of course, it could just be that more people decided that it just wasn't worth the risk, or wasn't worth the time (aka sick of the BS).

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
"Andrew Little, I call him Little because he really is Little compared to me, is a Radical Left Democrat who Can not count and Did not pass Third grade Math. According to the Great OAN, there were 62,762 people At my rally. Folks they were Hanging from the raptors! It was Unlike anything you have ever Scene!"