Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
So Era, I ended up trying out overnight oats for the first time in my life this week and I feel like I've found the greatest meal for myself to have for breakfast which I'm happy with considering breakfast has always been a pain in the ass for me.

However, I only tried a basic recipe with some cinnamon and bananas, and the recipes I''ve found online are basically the same 4 recipes but just written slightly different. So, I'm wondering if any of you are enjoyers of overnight oats and if so, what combo's do you all recommend?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
No recipe since I just add whatever I have handy that might work (berries & pb usually) but my tip would be add a bit of salt and toast the oats.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'll do a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a cup of strawberries. Then crumble a graham cracker on top and if you try hard enough it'll almost taste like cheesecake.

I think the whole thing was still coming in around 500 calories or so. Axe the protein powder and you'll save about a hundred though.

Crispy

Oct 27, 2017
I've been eating this for breakfast for a few years now. I throw in:

Pine nuts, dried apricots, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, cocoa nibs and cinnamon. I also add all kinds of fruit, depending on what I have.

Also, the quality of the oats matters A LOT for how it turns out. The best oats take up the oatmilk, but don't clump together, making them much tastier.

Oct 27, 2017
I also discovered them this week! Having a great time. So far I just do oats, protein powder (salted caramel flavour), high protein almond milk, Greek yoghurt, cinnamon and vanilla extract.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
Steel cut oats + choc protein powder + nut milk for a base that will last in the fridge a few days. Then I'll top it with various dried/frozen/fresh fruits and nuts each day. Finish with a little honey or cinnamon, peanut butter, chia, etc. depending on taste.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
How sweet are some of these recipes being listed? Overnight oats with a week's worth of sugar.

I just add almond milk and a few raspberries and blueberries.

SupraDarky

Oct 29, 2017
Oats, unsweetened oat milk, a good amount of chia seeds, a hint of maple syrup (or honey), a few 70+% dark chocolate chips. My daily breakfast!

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
My go to is

Scoop of chocolate protein powder
Cut up banana
Cup of almond milk

Not that I have a dairy allergy, just for the slightly reduced calories

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
So Era, I ended up trying out overnight oats for the first time in my life this week and I feel like I've found the greatest meal for myself to have for breakfast which I'm happy with considering breakfast has always been a pain in the ass for me.

However, I only tried a basic recipe with some cinnamon and bananas, and the recipes I''ve found online are basically the same 4 recipes but just written slightly different. So, I'm wondering if any of you are enjoyers of overnight oats and if so, what combo's do you all recommend?

They have quite a good variety.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/overnight-oats-recipes

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I used to like it with pear or apple, either grated fresh or cooked and cooled - peel, chop, put it in a pan with a couple tablespoons of water, medium heat, lid on for 10 mins, add a little honey or sugar if you like it sweeter. Once it's collapsed and softened, let it cool. Can use it for a million things.

Frozen fruit is also a good shortcut and ecomonical, just scoop a cupful of frozen berries out and let them defrost overnight in the fridge. Some nuts, walnuts, almonds, etc. Dried fruit - apricots, figs, dates, raisins, cherries, mango etc.

Also pack some more flavour in by toasting the oats - pour a whole bag out evenly on to a couple of baking trays, stick in the oven for 10-15 mins and let it cool. Gives it a flapjack-like flavour.

StuKen

Oct 27, 2017
Soak in apple juice(half by weight so 250g oats, 125ml juice). Add coconut yoghurt, diced apple, toasted walnut and cinamon to serve.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
I usually do berries like others have said. But since cocoa powder for a different flavor can be fun. Maybe add some bananas for a natural sweetness.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
I do oats, chia seeds, almonds seeds, sesame seeds, peanut butter and bananas or strawberries. Sometimes I add honey if I wanna it to taste sweet.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
oats, nuts, cinnamon, chia seeds and bananas.
gordon-ramsay-delicious.gif

OP
OP
Raxious

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh a lot of these sound very good. I already got myself some peanutbutter, some non-brand Nutella and strawberry jam so I'll see if I can add those in the mix as well. For the base I just use:

- Oats
- Milk
- Greek Yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup

I'll consider the frozen fruits for next week. My issue with frozen fruits is sometimes they tend to be a bit on the tougher side, even after having them in the fridge overnight.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder to just about all of your recipes imo.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
minimalistbaker.com

4-Ingredient Golden Milk Mix

When golden milk cravings strike, there's hardly time to fuss with getting out all the spices, which is why I recently made my own "mix." Because I enjoy

I keep a little plastic jar of this mix in my pantry and add a couple teaspoons to my overnight oats every once in a while, easy way to mix it up and keep it healthy without dumping a bunch of sugar in there every time.

Another go to for me is grated carrot + a lil pumpkin spice + raisins + a pinch of brown sugar for "carrot cake oats".

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Don't forget to rinse your dishes otherwise it bakes on like liquid cement

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
The ones I make for my wife when she wants them;

Oats
Chia seeds
Flax seeds
Dried goji berries
Banana

With milk

Blitzpwnage

Feb 11, 2018
Best overnight oats ever, a bit stealing from the company Mush:

- Trader Joe's rolled oats
- Trader Joe's wild blueberries
- coconut milk (Trader Joe's)
- honey
- a little bit of sea salt

And that's it! These are by far my favorite overnight oats and they are so easy.

Mix the coconut milk, honey, salt, and blueberries together then add the oats after and you are done! It's super easy and delicious, the coconut milk adds some june se qua to it that takes it over the top!

Enjoy ✌️

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I do oats, almond or oat milk, honey, freeze dried fruit (usually strawberries), a small pinch of salt

Put it all in a mason jar, give it a shake, stick it in the fridge.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dude.

Let me blow your mind.

Put your oats in the food processor until it's powder. 1/2 cup oat powder, 1/2 tablespoon chia seed, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 10oz of whatever you use for milk. Maybe a little more for desired consistency.

Let sit in fridge overnight.

Oat shake.

It's so so good.

I basically came up with after trying Oats Overnight but that shits expensive and I knew it could be done cheaply.