Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
PA0nq1w.png

SjvLdwj.png

Figured we should have a separate thread for the demo, we can discuss all the changes compared to the OG game, new mechanics, the music, framerate, resolution, etc.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Repeating myself:

The Switch version plays pretty well so far in handheld mode. Really love this on the Lite.

My only complaint is that I wish they gave options for the controls. It's very weird to attack with the "A" button.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
my thoughts while playing the demo (still playing):

is this real? Am I in a dream?

Repeating myself:

The Switch version plays pretty well so far in handheld mode. Really love this on the Lite.

My only complaint is that I wish they gave options for the controls. It's very weird to attack with the "A" button.

You can remap controls.

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed my time with the demo, although hard mode feels way too easy.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Is the Switch demo up early? I think I saw it was supposed to be on the 18th.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Repeating myself:

How is the resolution in handheld? Is it native or similar to Dragon Quest?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
How's the frame rate on base PS4 for any Australians who have it yet? Consistent 60 fps or fluctuating? If it ain't stable may go for Switch version instead.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we need to keep the demo installed to continue in the final game or the save data is enough ?

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Any gameplay impressions? The game has always had a student project vibe to it that didn't sit too well with me. Will check out the demo but still looking for impressions

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020

Absolutely beautiful :')

I was sad that they spoiled The Sacrifice Part III in the last official trailer. I intended to literally hear the song in the last battle in the game. : (

Well, at least I did not hear the song of Mana Holy Land. This I literally intend to hear in the game.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, downloading it now (France/Switch)
I played so much of Seiken Densetsu 3, it'll be an interesting playthrough for sure. Even though I know about the story already, I'm looking forward to those cutscenes.