• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Reminds me of Chris Rock's "Real Equality" joke.

"I want White Mothers on the news crying next to Al Sharpton"

Oct 29, 2017
The epitome of white privilege: appropriate a different race and "fascinate" everyone, you even get a Netflix documentary made about you!

Disgusting.

IPSF

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will probably watch this for research purpose.

It's good that you aren't closed minded towards trans issue but this has nothing to do with trans issue as racial construct is not something that you're born with, it's something that is developed socially.

So one being born the wrong gender is not the same as a white woman suddenly waking up and identifying herself as a black woman and acting like she has endured the same level of suffering and pain that black folks have gone through.

If anything she's making a mockery of them.

Don't get this. Gender is also a social construct. That's basically what's behind the whole feminist movement. If gender is inherent then traditional gender roles are "right" and you're saying there's something wrong with masculine women or feminine men.

You're born with a sex. Society constructs your gender.

Frankly as long as she's not hurting anyone I couldn't care less how this woman lives her life.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I think this is a bit ridiculous but I can't deny that in those pictures in the OP, she looks better in her 'black' state.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get this. Gender is also a social construct. That's basically what's behind the whole feminist movement. If gender is inherent then traditional gender roles are "right" and you're saying there's something wrong with masculine women or feminine men.

You're born with a sex. Society constructs your gender.

Frankly as long as she's not hurting anyone I couldn't care less how this woman lives her life.

Gender does not equal gender roles.... Gendier identity does not mean gender roles.

Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

Gender identity is not chosen or the result of socialization and upbringing

Also she's hurt a lot of people, she faked hate crimes, talked shit to other minorities and excluded one hispanic (I believe) student from talking about her experiences because she didn't look hispanic enough

The student, who told BuzzFeed News that she identifies as Hispanic, grew up in a Spanish-speaking country, speaks the language fluently, and, while she has light skin, believes she has a "pretty solid experience of what it's like to be Spanish." She raised her hand to participate.

"I think we should ask another student," the student recalled Dolezal saying in class.

The student asked why she could not participate.

"Rachel said I didn't look Hispanic," she said, and that her instructor "doubted that I could share experiences of racial or ethnic discrimination because I didn't have the appearance of looking Hispanic."

Dolezal instead selected another Hispanic-identified student to sit before the class.

"I didn't think much of it at the time," the student said, "but now I wish I had said something, especially now that her race is the one people are questioning."

She spoke out against black men dating white women...

She spreads nonsense about transgender folk to defend herself: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...dity-accepted-transracial-naacp-a7653131.html

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
paper-boi-atlanta.jpg
Thats pretty much all that needs to be said.

It would be a comedy if it weren't so completely, disgustingly pathetic.

Im pretty sure theres a comedy skit about a black guy who identifies as a white woman or something.

If this wasnt real life id think this is one of those mockumentary movies.

thejared

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobia, previous bans for similar behavior.
I think this trans race has to be acceptable.

All anyone here keeps telling me is sex and race are just social constructs, soooo

If one is able to identify as a sex other than what they were born as, who are we to say that they don't feel they are a different race.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this trans race has to be acceptable.

All anyone here keeps telling me is sex and race are just social constructs, soooo

If one is able to identify as a sex other than what they were born as, who are we to say that they don't feel they are a different race.

Try reading the op or even the page that you're on.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
lO4Nf5k.gif

Christ. She just won't go away. Really sick of this woman trying to legitimize this horseshit. She ain't black, and she never will be.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Man, netflix really will give just about anybody a deal. I can't believe we're still talking about her in 2018.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn on this.

I don't want to support that woman in any way, but at the same time that video in OP shows her son speaking, and it seems like her own son is tired of her bullshit.

So depending on the angle the documentary takes, it might be worth a watch idk.

Leaning on passing on this tho.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Damn

Listening to her son talk has me so bummed out. He sounds so defeated and sad, he definitely sounds drained which is what he said has been happening to him since this all became public. I can't imagine going through something like this.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
As a black man the fact this woman is getting any traction is a fucking insult to me and black people everyone. I'm honestly disgusted.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all know they are gonna make her "sympathetic" while playing sad music and going "gosh isn't this sad how this woman has been treated".

If they spend the entire documentary insulting her I still would be pissed that they even give her money and attention but then at least I could understand it.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Every time i read about this pathetic woman, I'm reminded of this quote from Chappelle Show: "Everybody want be a n****, but nobody want to be a n****."

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Only watched a bit of the trailer. She's insane and I feel bad for the kid. Boot her and give me a show about the kid and how he's just trying to be normal and step out of the shadow she's casting on the family. He deserves better.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
"Black is a culture, philosophy and a worldview" god damn this woman is crazy.
lol, it reminds me of a scene from Peep Show where the guy's ex left him for a black businessman
"Is it because he's black? Well, you're making a mistake, Suze, because he's terrible at being black. I'm a better black man than he is. Being black isn't about the colour of your skin, it's about vibe, about hanging out, kicking back, smoking a number, fighting prejudice and negative stereotypes wherever you find them, yeah? I'm down with all that, is Johnson? I mean, what's Johnson done for black people lately?"
"You mean, apart from his mentoring and his community work?"
"Yeah, apart from that."

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jimmy Kimmel should do a "Rachel Dolezal reads mean tweets." We will see how strong her spirit really is.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just feels gross that her son is clearly just begging "please god just get these cameras to go away so I can have a normal life" and netflix still greenlights this.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I really don't understand why she's dragging her kids (or at least one of them) into this. Her son seems genuinely damaged from all of this and now he's even more exposed.

Oct 27, 2017
I had never heard of her, but I just read her Wikipedia and she sounds like a very disturbed person. She has to know she is lying, right?

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why was this given a warning? The guy literally just said he was open minded?
I know Slayven already responded, but he didn't go into it much, so it really is as simple as this:

Trans people's identities are rooted in biology. Researchers have found trans people have "male" or "female" brains that do not match their biological sex.

Trans race is not rooted in biology. It's a fantasy identity, like all others that are not rooted in biology. You don't need to empathize with something that doesnt have legitimacy. That's why it's insulting to people with legitimate, biological identities, who are struggling to have even those legitimate identities acknowledged as real.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
She didn't get paid for this, did she?

No, Netflix says that she didn't receive any payment for it, like all other subjects for their documentaries...

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/971610713063006208

"To clarify one thing: Like all subjects for our documentaries, Rachel Dolezal did not receive any payment for this project. We worked with filmmakers Laura Brownson and Roger Ross Williams, who wanted to explore Dolezal's life as a microcosm for a larger conversation about race and identity. The film is focused not just on her life but on the larger conversation, including people who see her actions as the ultimate expression of white privilege."

I understand why folks are pissed about it, I think the whole thing is insane with her also, but I do think some good could come out of it. I predict that in the end the documentary is going to cement her as the crazy person she is and it's going to instead focus more on her sons and their frustration with the entire thing. I think it will be more about them than her. We shall see.

Aaron Stack

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Hold up. People were throwing a fit about her getting paid, but didn't actually know if she was getting paid?

giphy.gif

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I assumed she would be paid because who in their right mind agrees to put their private life on screen without getting paid? Why would you do that to your children.