Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

It's that miserable time of the year once again. 2020 has been a hellscape of dread and confusion, but there is one thing you can always rely upon - the annual rundown of the crappiest nonsense games can offer.

From Marvel's Avengers to the horrendous XIII Remake, we look at the ten games embodying this awful year with their awful awfulness. You might be surprised at some of the picks. You might not.

Anyway, VIDEOGAMES!

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
These are fun.

Has Jim posted a 2020 best games list yet? I don't see anything on their Youtube channel.

Last edited:
May 19, 2020
i can't believe jim said those things about 13 sentinels, wow. the geoff keighley avatar guy is going to be angery

Dec 2, 2017
Marvel's The Avengers
Hellpoint
WWE Battlegrounds
Minecraft Dungeons
Shadow the Ronin: Revenge to the Samurai
Cyberpunk 2077
Dissection
XIII Remake
Deadly Premonition 2
Tom Clancy's Elite Squad

Then I think I missed one. Edit - found the last one, Dissection.

Last edited:

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Minecraft Dungeons? I'll have to listen but I thought that game was positively received.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I see Jim is still trying to make Avengers out to be a monetization nightmare when 6 out 7 of the battle passes mentioned are free and give you enough in game currency to buy 6 more.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Was the 4th game on this list really that bad?
Yeah seems like a weird pick to me. I mean, one was a decent single player experience but failed at what it was aiming to be. Six was alright on PC but clearly has a ton of cut content and performs like trash on consoles. The fourth title has nothing particularly wrong with it as far as I know?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Hellpoint? I thought it was average, but not shitty. About the same quality level as mortal shell for me, which is to say a strong 6 out of 10.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I somehow forgot about all of the Elite Squad bullshit. I can't believe that they actually thought that nobody would notice that.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk shouldn't be on that list. I'm enjoying it a lot on the Series S

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
I don't actually think Avengers is a bad game. The campaign is fun enough to blast through and the characters play pretty well. There's just not enough there to motivate for long stretches and the endgame is meh. I wouldn't put it in the company of something like the XIII remake but I suppose it also has something to do with expectations.

May 19, 2020
minecraft dungeons seems like a weird one to pick on. it's dungeon crawler lite and isn't hiding that or attempting to be anything else.

May 17, 2018
"Video game discourse is well and truly broken"

Literally two weeks later:

"Here are the TOP 10 SHITTIEST GAMES!"

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
WWE 2K Battleground was a super fun arcade wrestling game but it has that EVIL 2K mtx greed on it. Still you can unlock everything if you invest a good chunk of your free time on it.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
That game was so goddamn awful that even Blizzard forgot about it.

Without a doubt the worst game of the year, so much so that I had to check if it was a 2020 release. The original Warcraft 3 was and still is infinitely better.

Yeah, I'm still pissed off about it. They've replaced an amazing game with a terrible remaster with less features. Just unacceptable.

(And I still play it every week..)

Wafflemeister

Jul 2, 2020
Number 4 feels like a huge stretch to be honest, sure it's not a masterpice or anything, but in the same year as Warcraft 3 reforged it gets put on this list where the other one didn't?

Oct 27, 2017
Minecraft Dungeons? I'll have to listen but I thought that game was positively received.

Every time Minecraft Dungeons comes up in these lists, it comes across as one of those situations where people can't fathom why something might not be for them, then attack it for what it allegedly lacks instead of acknowledging what it does well.

Dungeons has been a huge hit in our house. It's one of the first games to really grab our entire family - age range 7 to 35 - and is a real multiplayer go-to when we're all together. It's easy to pick up and fun to play, and the levelling and items gives a good sense of progression.

I usually like Jim so curious to watch this and see what he says, but some of the other reasons for including Dungeons in these "worst of" or "biggest disappointment" lists have been atrocious.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Jim putting Avengers on there is so predictable. Avengers gets more shit than it deserves. It's a fun game.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I get why Cyberpunk is on that list (performance issues plague it along with the issues surrounding CDPR), but from a gameplay and story standpoint it doesn't deserve to be there.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Hellpoint does not belong on a list like this. It's a great game, with equally level great level design and also quite visually cohesive.

Oct 14, 2019
I get why Cyberpunk is on that list (performance issues plague it along with the issues surrounding CDPR), but from a gameplay and story standpoint it doesn't deserve to be there.

Hard disagree. In fact, those would be the next reasons in line outside of those mentioned that I would call out as being, well, shitty.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
i did laugh at that game where he literally just said "yeah you proabably havent heard or played this but trust me its shit"

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
I'm also a bit confused about the inclusion of Dungeons. I get that it's probably pretty boring, although it feels a bit out of place. But hey, if it's based on what he played this year, can't help it.

Deadly Prem 2 is a heartbreaker tho, cuz I was also similarily very hyped by a sequel and similarily let down when I heard about the hurtful writing and performance. It's a damn shame

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Opinions and all of that, but damn! Hellpoint being on a "worst of 2020" list feels weird and wrong.