Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
blog.playstation.com

A brand new island is coming to Toem

See what you can expect in this upcoming free new content update for this month’s PlayStation Plus Essential title.

Coming to PS5, PS4, Switch, and PC. The PS5 version is currently on PS+ Essential for the month. No release timeframe for this update.

52344005400_2a349b584c_k.jpg

We wanted to use this opportunity to introduce you to the free content update we've been working on for some time that is coming very soon for Toem: a brand new region called Basto!

How do you access the new content you ask? You'll automatically unlock it once you complete the base game, then all you have to do is visit Nana back home in Homelanda!

So what is Basto? It is Toem's biggest region yet! Filled with brand new content like treasure hunting, minigames and spooky stories!

We have been hard at work on this one, gathering up ideas that we didn't have time to finish for the base game as well as new ideas for the region! New quests, NPCs, and Compendium critters to find! All in all, around 1-2h of playtime!

Basto also brings a new camera attachment to the game!

With this new water popper, you can interact with the world of Toem in a whole new way, splash your way into stamps and new adventures! It's also kinda funny looking!

We really wanted to add more interactions to the world to make it feel even more alive! The big bushes, the many objects that react to the water popper, the day & night change that changes where you can go, it all works together to give Basto more life.

Launchable Socks & Jamal Green have also whipped up some brand new tracks to the game, 6 of them in total! We couldn't be happier that they wanted to help us set the atmosphere on Basto with their music!

This update will be a gift to all our players, as thanks for playing. We sincerely hope you enjoy all its changes! We don't quite know exactly when it will drop, but keep Toem installed on your PS5 and you'll be reminded when it does.

Bonus news: There's a free costume of the MC from Toem in Sackboy: A Big Adventure coming this week:

View: https://twitter.com/LittleBigPlanet/status/1569325083151171591

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
game is awesome, super good vibes and a cool mix of pokemon snap and adventures

play it people

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Neat, was gonna run through this next week but I'll just wait for the update. Game seems like a joy

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
One of the few PS+ games I've never heard of, read the log line, and downloaded immediately. Only on the first forest area but really enjoying it so far.

Great game for remote play when I'm in between late night feedings with my newborn too

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
charming little game, plat in a few hours but fun all the way through.

i already went ahead and deleted it after i completed it, but downloading it right now to keep and anticipate the update.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
It's on sale on steam with lowest historical discount too if anyone interested.
store.steampowered.com

TOEM: A Photo Adventure on Steam

Set off on a delightful expedition and use your photographic eye to uncover the mysteries of the magical TOEM in this hand-drawn adventure game. Chat with quirky characters, solve their problems by snapping neat photos, and make your way through a relaxing landscape!

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1307580/TOEM/

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Having just one more area was exactly what I wanted from the base game, hyyyype!
And it's neat to see it crossover into Sackboy.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Great. This game was pleasant surprise. It's relaxing and fun to do all short quests.
More people should give it a try on PS Plus.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
awesome news, just saw the free dlc came out via the game news thing on ps5, which i usually don't find helpful, so that was nice.

time to hop back in, looks like a decent amount of content.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Been keeping an eye out for a sale on this, now 50% off on Switch so going to jump in. This update sounds like a nice bonus!

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
I played a bit of it on PS5, turned off my PS5 and now i'm stuck on an infinite loading screen when i select continue on the main menu. I might have just been unlucky though but it seems my save file isn't loading anymore.

Last edited:

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Been having fun with this so far. The trophies don't seem to be working though, the in-game overlay appears but the trophies don't actually unlock. Anyone else?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Oh wow I missed this news! Played it a few months ago and it's phenomenal, will play the new area once I'm done with Xenoblade 3.

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
Been having fun with this so far. The trophies don't seem to be working though, the in-game overlay appears but the trophies don't actually unlock. Anyone else?
Developers have apparently said in their discord that they've fixed it and the patch will come out 'as soon as possible'.

With it having in-game achievements hopefully that means when you open the game post-fix that those trophies will pop automatically.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Played a bit of the new update today and loved it, all around quality, hopefully I don't need a guide for the more obscure stuff and later find them by myself

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
None of the patches solved the infinite loading bug on PS5 for me. It seems the developer is giving up on it (understandable, i guess) and has added an option to skip the base game after creating a new game.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the new patch didn't work for me. Oh well. It's a great game, and not particularly long. I'll just replay the base game and get back to the new region again. No hard feelings with the devs.