BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
They fucking want to lose and you'll never convince me differently.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
This party is so goddamn inept and I am supposed to vote for them to keep my sanity. This nation is so screwed.

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This party is so goddamn inept and I am supposed to vote for them to keep my sanity. This nation is so screwed.
We really need to start building state power. its really hard for even the republicans to overturn states (really only the courts do). its how the republicans came back from death after bush. also state activists actually have skin in the game. these losers will still be drinking with their lanyards in Rosslyn tonight

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Quit whining and tell us what you all plan on doing with your 2 cents.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
"Look, all I'm saying is that I better not see the prices go up 3 cents the next time I pick up gas"

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
How do I get one of these jobs where I get paid six figures to make the worst decisions for a political party?

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
this is some "Paul Ryan tweeting about an employee getting a $1.50 weekly raise after the tax cut, as if it's something meaningful" shit

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I can have an issue and worries for the midterms for a myriad of reasons (history being one). But this is about as benign and unimportant as it comes. I don't think I will ever get fully accustomed to taking these tweets likely made by some intern seriously. Its goofy like nearly everything else on these minute to minute platforms.

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I get one of these jobs where I get paid six figures to make the worst decisions for a political party?
randomly work on a campaign wins and ride the coattails. or be a kid of a fundraiser.

also, from experience. lots of casting couch-like sleeping for a job (not lying)

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
"Yeah uhhh, just expand the prices the the thousandths place, even though there's no currency less than a penny, and then make the Y axis numbers increment by a half cent! It'll show huge progress!!"

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I can have an issue and worries for the midterms for a myriad of reasons (history being one). But this is about as benign and unimportant as it comes. I don't think I will ever get fully accustomed to taking these tweets likely made by some intern seriously. Its goofy like nearly everything else on these minute to minute platforms.

The problem is that this mistake is endemic of an overlying problem with the Democratic Party in that they're A.) celebrating giving people scraps and B.) have absolutely no idea how to connect with voters and do what they were actually elected to.

Republican voters sure as shit are getting their votes worth!

KarmaCow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the perfect half measure between being honest and making a completely horseshit graph.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Wow it's all the way down from the over 5$ it was according to every news article covering inflation.

Nice

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This was dumb lmao. I guess they were trying to celebrate them releasing oil to help drop prices but what? Lmao

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I am thoroughly convinced that the Democratic consultant industry is just one big grift. These people are terrible at their jobs and have terrible track records of winning campaigns yet they still get hired for 6, sometimes 7, figure salaries.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please hire me Democrats. I can't be worse at messaging than whatever clown show you got going.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
The problem is that this mistake is endemic of an overlying problem with the Democratic Party in that they're A.) celebrating giving people scraps and B.) have absolutely no idea how to connect with voters and do what they were actually elected to.

Republican voters sure as shit are getting their votes worth!

I guess my reaction is based on me believing that its completely unlikely that whoever typed that tweet with that graph has any say or input on policy decisions, any real power over outreach and grassroots operations, and certainly not any connection to or responsibility for historic design/trends involving the party celebrating the insignificant.

As soon as I think about it even a little, I just can't escape the idea that its probably some low wage employee tasked with the account. And that feeling an extreme, one way or the other, for anything posted is akin to telling the teenaged CSR at my ISP that "You guys and your policies make me sick". The sentiment is legit, and the complaints have merit; but the focus/target just isn't adequate. But I admit this might just be me failing to fight off the cynicism monster. Who knows, maybe something can come of it or be learned from a social media backfire.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
randomly work on a campaign wins and ride the coattails. or be a kid of a fundraiser.

also, from experience. lots of casting couch-like sleeping for a job (not lying)
What kinda returns financially do you get sleeping for a job? Is it usually an ongoing thing(weekly, monthly) or is it kinda one and done then just being amiable with the slimeball

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I guess my reaction is based on me believing that its completely unlikely that whoever typed that tweet with that graph has any say or input on policy decisions, any real power over outreach and grassroots operations, and certainly not any connection to or responsibility for historic design/trends involving the party celebrating the insignificant.

As soon as I think about it even a little, I just can't escape the idea that its probably some low wage employee tasked with the account. And that feeling an extreme, one way or the other, for anything posted is akin to telling the teenaged CSR at my ISP that "You guys and your policies make me sick". The sentiment is legit, and the complaints have merit; but the focus/target just isn't adequate. But I admit this might just be me failing to fight off the cynicism monster. Who knows, maybe something can come of it or be learned from a social media backfire.

I'm pretty sure it's a ill planned out little shot at the press coverage and their histrionics about gas prices like when Wolf Blitzer intentionally took a picture 9f the most expensive gas station in DC to tsl tsk the White House

But sure it could also be exposing the entire Democratic party's Machiavellian plot to intentionally lose elections on purpose because of some hive mind villain plot

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
stay consistent on message and dominate the news cycle!

a3SV8O7.jpg

pocketbook issues!

I am thoroughly convinced that the Democratic consultant industry is just one big grift. These people are terrible at their jobs and have terrible track records of winning campaigns yet they still get hired for 6, sometimes 7, figure salaries.
This is not really a hot take. You see those people on CNN, and that's like the cream of the crop of that profession.
Like not everyone that sucks, but the main qualification for those jobs is to have connections to politicians or rich people, and/or being good and fundraising.

And what really bugs me is that they all rely on absurd amount of unpaid labor for their campaigns, but those useless assholes get rich being terrible at their very important job.
The amount of well paid mediocracy that exists within the political parties in the US is just staggering.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking embarrassing and this is actually what the democrat party would call a win, just that somebody tweeted it

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
And looking at the replies and going down conservative rabbit holes scares me even more, especially with the crypto overlap.

I wish I could just stay blindly ignorant of social media and its poisoning effects.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Me explaining to my wife via chart that I spent less on video games compared to last month

Last edited:

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Very much true in my limited experience (which is all outside looking in and friends) but I want to drill down a bit on one point -

Not randomly work a campaign, you need a campaign position where you get to work directly with the candidate or maybe senior people in the campaign.
I want to make that distinction because I've met people who believe you can get into politics by knocking on doors or phone banking. And seriously, that ain't it. But the campaigns half sell it as such.