Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
The more I'm thinking about it perhaps this DLC is a hint of what to expect in a hypothetical sequel with the TMNT dimension hopping across the entire turtleverse and perhaps team up with a version of Shredder to take down a bigger threat like Lord Dregg or another version of Shredder or someone like Null from the Archie comics.

The old Konami games kinda did something like this with having characters like Tetsu in a game as well as using comic versions of Slash and Super Shredder.

I'm getting a kick out of all the cameos in the background. I think Keno from TMNT 2 SotO is in one of the stages, but I'm not sure, it could also be that human they team up with in the later seasons of the show. Not sure. Cool to see that cow too, I think that thing might be the strongest being in the entire turtleverse too.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Usagi has crossed over with multiple versions of the turtles. (In some of them he was erroneously named "Usagi Yojimbo" rather than Miyamoto Usagi.) The comic's author Stan Sakai was friends with Eastman and Laird.

The character was popular enough at the time that they did several episodes based on him during the 1987 run. a 3 part special episode and a 1 episode follow up:

latest

latest

latest

He was one of the better known and used non-turtle "guest" hero characters in that series. Also had two toys made for the 87 series toy lineup. Since Shredder's Revenge is based on '87, it makes sense to have him there. There are a TON of other characters to use, they definitely aren't anywhere close to running out- but all of those would be way behind him.

Cool! Feel like that pic with Shredder is lightly starting to ting a bell. When I rewatch 87' I'm looking forward to see if it can help me recall. Maybe I just missed these episodes.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm awful haha struggling to get past challenge 4 or 5. playing online is my only hope.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
I started the game with Leo and just decided to play as Usagi and holy moly is he fun to play as.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
omg. just "beat" one run of survival playing with 4 others online. Couple questions.

how do you keep unlocking upgrades? Is it certain crystal combos or further progress? everyone jumped out after the boss so I couldn't keep going to see if that got more upgrades.

Is it harder when playing online? It felt like we had more enemies with more hp, but could be my imagination.

Loved the final boss.

as a huge idw turtles fan - super shredder with the idw design, in 87 turtles pixel goodness was beautiful

Did that with raph, not sure if i want to keep going with him or start upgrading someone else. we had a karai on our team that was untouchable. just a beast.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Got over a 700 hit streak with Karai in the DLC

18a62bff9a767-screenshotUrl.jpg

Usagi is cool. Having that air combo really makes him unique. Though the survival mode doesn't have much content. Enemy wave layouts get aamey very quick. Most perks aren't really worth choosing over Crytstals as they progress you further and the rest keep you stagnating.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
omg. just "beat" one run of survival playing with 4 others online. Couple questions.

how do you keep unlocking upgrades? Is it certain crystal combos or further progress? everyone jumped out after the boss so I couldn't keep going to see if that got more upgrades.
Each upgrade requires one additional crystal than the previous one to unlock. So first upgrade needs one, the next two, then three, etc. It doesn't matter which crystals. The specific crystals are just used for the three palette swaps, basically requiring you to beat all six dimensions with each character.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Each upgrade requires one additional crystal than the previous one to unlock. So first upgrade needs one, the next two, then three, etc. It doesn't matter which crystals. The specific crystals are just used for the three palette swaps, basically requiring you to beat all six dimensions with each character.
I was LITERALLY grabbing my ipad to come here and post this so others could figure it out haha. Thanks for your reply and for anyone else wondering this is it.

Just maxed Ralph and figured Karai would be an easy next character since they have the same speed rating. I was wrong. I don't know what it is but I'm awful with Karia haha.

I know they won't but I'd love to see this mode expanded and grown. I'm having a blast hopping in with randoms on pc and burning down foot! My anxiety has been pretty bad this weekend so this has been perfect for me to turn my brain off and play.

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
To get each character's 5 unlockable pallettes, you need the first two crystals for one, 3rd/4th crystals for the 2nd, and 5th/6th crystals for the 3rd pallette. Pallettes 4 and 5 require having a character reach level 9 & 10 in the survival mode.

Raph's lvl 10 is that all black wrestling in suit be used the archie comic.
latest

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I love all the nods to the Archie comics. That run was legitimately an important part of my childhood.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
To get each character's 5 unlockable pallettes, you need the first two crystals for one, 3rd/4th crystals for the 2nd, and 5th/6th crystals for the 3rd pallette. Pallettes 4 and 5 require having a character reach level 9 & 10 in the survival mode.

Raph's lvl 10 is that all black wrestling in suit be used the archie comic.
latest
Yes! I was so excited when I unlocked it and saw what it was. But I think my fav is the level 9 upgrade based on the original playmates toy :)

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes in the mirage stage, a (!!) appears over a pit. Is there anything in those pits, or is it just a warning?

Hell Egret

#TeamThierry
Aug 19, 2022
How does Shredder's Revenge play if you're not nostalgic for the Turtles? Is it on par with SoR4?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How does Shredder's Revenge play if you're not nostalgic for the Turtles? Is it on par with SoR4?
No, but it's still very good. It's mechanically better than the original TMNT beat em ups. My biggest issue is that a single playthough is just too long. I wouldn't want to lose the stages so maybe it would have been better to have some branching paths.

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
More simplistic. Most characters aren't all that different and play the same. They usually differentiate in range/speed/power. Though the two new DLC characters are more unique. Usagi has an air combo string and ground moves to set that up. Karai gets a speedboost the more damage she deals/enemies she defeats. It goes from base to level 2 and level 3. Getting hit drops you down one level.

Main campaign may be a little too long for one sitting. Music is top notch which is not surprising as many tracks were composed by Tee Lopes.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I wish I liked this survival mode as much as SOR4's but it doesn't feel tuned for single player. In multiplayer it seems more fun because the perks and rewards are generally shared, but even then it still feels annoying to lose the die roll and not get to be Shredder sometimes. I also really dislike that buffs aren't persistent in the run but then they have truly persistent upgrades including health, lives, and super across all further runs

Karai and Usagi are really cool though, I'm interested in going back to try to clean up the main game trophies and do a new playthrough with them.

CaveGhostPurp

Jan 12, 2022
I wish I liked this survival mode as much as SOR4's but it doesn't feel tuned for single player. In multiplayer it seems more fun because the perks and rewards are generally shared, but even then it still feels annoying to lose the die roll and not get to be Shredder sometimes.

This is definitely a problem, I agree. Sometimes one player really needs that mutations just to stay alive, it should be first one to reach the mutation gets it.

I do think it's exponentially more enjoyable in multiplayer, otherwise. They need to tweak some things and maybe improve the enemy pattern randomization, but I'm eager to play more, so that's a good sign. I do actually like the permanent unlocks, it gave me some incentive to keep going when I wasn't completely sold on the mode. And oddly enough, I think taunting to get your Specials fits better here. I wasn't a fan of that, originally.

Still- after that last update with all the added customization, nothing can touch Survival in SoR4. That alone is like the pinnacle of the genre for me, outside of 1 game that I hold higher (partially for nostalgic reasons, partially because it's absolute perfection).

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I feel like the main boss for that mode is bugged? You don't seem to take damage when getting caught in the red crystals and alot of that bosses' attacks do that effect to you. Though I mash out of it quick. That final boss is easy.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the game is getting a reprint with the DLC. Not sure if the DLC is on disc, but seeing as that's how they did it for SoR4, probably.

limitedrungames.com

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Anniversary Edition

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredders Revenge Pre-Orders Close October 15, 2023 Chaos! The Neutrinos crash the Turtles’ latest pizza party! The teenagers from Dimension X are in dire need of help: Shredder is seeking to conquer the multiverse itself!

(Not exclusive to LRG, that's just the first place I saw it.)

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'll get this but not through LRG. They took so long just to get me my physical copies for the original release. Hopefully Amazon or Best Buy will sell it.