entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

A man who dumped milk and a large tub of cereal on a subway car in a TikTok stunt was called out by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority for putting unnecessary strain on essential workers during the coronavirus pandemic.

The TikTok account "fckjoshy" posted a video Tuesday in which the man drops a large storage tub of milk and cereal on the floor of a subway train, presumably as a prank. The video gained 3.2 million views on the app before someone posted it to Twitter, where it got 5 million more views.

The MTA condemned the unidentified man's stunt Wednesday for the strain it put on essential workers during the pandemic.

"A new low: Pulling a prank on essential workers in the middle of a global pandemic," the MTA said on its official Twitter account. "And making essential workers clean up your mess. Despicable."

www.nbcnews.com

TikTok cereal stunt on NYC subway amid pandemic is 'despicable,' transit authority says

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority condemned the unidentified man's prank for the strain it put on essential workers during the coronavirus crisis.

What the heck, dude? Read the room. Essential workers are already stressed enough. No one cares for your TikTok bullshit.

SOBOSLDR

Nov 27, 2017
i don't understand did he just dump milk and cereal on the ground? How is that not either vandalism or littering? Dude should get a fine.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
What's even supposed to be the prank here other than "I'm an inconsiderate asshole"

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
What an idiot. He's probably not aware, but I know for a fact his video won't get many views, if it's not downright deleted.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Can they find out who it is and send him a citation?
He was already IDed. His name right in the news report. He has tons of social media channels so it was not hard. He apologized apparently.

He also did another "stunt" with a wearing a cutout facemask, basically wearing a mask but not really since he cut out the fabric covering his nose and mouth.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
He was already IDed. His name right in the news report. He has tons of social media channels so it was not hard. He apologized apparently.

He also did another "stunt" with a wearing a cutout facemask, basically wearing a mask but not really since he cut out the fabric covering his nose and mouth.
🤦‍♂️

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yet a brown mother gets tuned up for not wearing a mask.

Oct 25, 2017
If this was during any other time, it would be cheesy, or cringey, or just plain annoying. It wasn't even funny.

But in a middle of a pandemic? To keep as clean and distant as possible to avoid contracting?
...I don't know what he's trying to accomplish.

Probably won't be funny if/when he gets sick.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
fetchimage

Imagine being this desperate for clout. As if New Yorkers don't already hate being in the subway enough on a normal day.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
People do pranks and "social experiments" and all sorts of foolery in the subway all the time.

But this guy's a dick specifically for *when* he chose to do it, and what he chose to do.

However I'm sure people will reward him by making him even richer off this because there's no penalty for being a villain/infamous on the internet.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
why are people in a need to add "white" to their sentences - dumb people are dumb regardless of their race and ethnicity.

Tiktok is trash.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017

Yet wasn't he cited/arrested/sued? Sure there are some laws he broke. Sounds right about being white in America. Just say sorry and you can get away even with murder (if the victim isn't white too)

why are people in a need to add "white" to their sentences - dumb people are dumb regardless of their race and ethnicity.

Tiktok is trash.

cause as I said, the lack of consequences. Yes, there are all sorts of dumb people.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017

Tiktok is trash.
Could be the privilege angle. As far I've read he hasn't really gotten any legal pushback from this. All the while, cops in NYC are harassing minorities and selectively enforcing social distancing.

He is still not charged as of this writing.

Oct 27, 2017

Tiktok is trash.
Point out some popular non-white kids doing dumb pranks like this. There's the Eric Andre video, but he literally had his people clean up after it
imgur.com

This guy was on the Eric Andre show for the Fruit Loop skit - Album on Imgur

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Point out some popular non-white kids doing dumb pranks like this. There's the Eric Andre video, but he literally had his people clean up after it
imgur.com

This guy was on the Eric Andre show for the Fruit Loop skit - Album on Imgur

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

I don't really care that much to point out some popular people. I don't follow this stuff. Although, I bet that there are many instances like that - just browse tiktok.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
In a few years there will be someone setting themselves on fire for likes instead of this shit at the rate of which platforms feed peoples need for attention

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
And yet we somehow only hear about the ones done by white dudes. Coincidentally...

Well I don't know if only we hear about those because I don't follow this stuff. It's wishful thinking but if someone fails to observe the laws they should be punished and shamed regardless of everything else - money, power, race etc.