unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Nintendo announced three new benefits exclusive to expansion members for UK and Europe. That's the expensive tier of subscription.

2x1_NSwitch_NSO_Expansionpack_2ndYearPromotion_enGB_image950w.jpg

They give you double gold points for eshop purchases and Switch console bought from Nintendo store and from the screenshot it's clear that you get also double coins when buying two vouchers.
Plus Nintendo 64 icons.

A similar offer is announced for US members, though without the double coins for consoles (and vouchers since those aren't offered any more in US).

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1583609583615889408

Didn't saw a similar thread, lock if duplicate.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Double coins for voucher, I'm very interested.
And I just bought the Digital Gold of Spark of Hopes, you tell me if I waited a few days I would have gotten twice the coins? Lmao.

OP
OP
unicornKnight

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Double coins for voucher, I'm very interested.
And I just bought the Digital Gold of Spark of Hopes, you tell me if I waited a few days I would have gotten twice the coins? Lmao.
Yeah I will also be getting advantage of the deal for vouchers. Certainly one will be for Pokemon & Fire Emblem. And will grab another for future use before the deal ends.
Sucks for America users that they stopped this.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
The double gold points almost makes it worth it even if you don't care about N64 games. Too bad I already got Mario + Rabbids though (and didn't start it) so I could have taken advantage. I think Pokémon is the only thing left I will buy this year so I guess I will continue to not subscribe. If they make it 2x gold points permanently with a sub I would jump in.

Edit: I forgot how much more the family plan jumped up with the expansion. You would need to buy 15 full price games to break even with the 2x coins which is near impossible for me. Hope they keep adding more value though for those that have it!

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
If you have Harvestella pre-ordered on the eShop, cancel it right now. You would miss the double Gold cause the payment would happen in October

OP
OP
unicornKnight

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Edit: I forgot how much more the family plan jumped up with the expansion. You would need to buy 15 full price games to break even with the 2x coins which is near impossible for me. Hope they keep adding more value though for those that have it!
Reminder that if possible take advantage of the family offer. You don't have to be in the same house, it even works for people across countries.
10$ per person if you find 7 other people.

Ps: they should really consider making this permanent, I don't see it happening though.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Don't you get 250 gold coins on a pre-order? Or is that only for certain games? Cause X2 that would make 500 coins (so €5), which would cover the €20 EP cost with just 4 pre-orders.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
literally not spent a penny this year but might be time for another voucher - they last 12 months right so should be ok for zelda/pikmin

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Shame bayo 3 misses but will come in handy for pokemon

Falcon16

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking for this thread yesterday. Thank you for posting. I think Japan is getting some physical promo items for platinum coins, too.

Seems like a good time to buy the Xenoblade 3 expansion and Splatoon 3 expansion if it's available to preorder during the promo.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that if possible take advantage of the family offer. You don't have to be in the same house, it even works for people across countries.
10$ per person if you find 7 other people.
I have kids so that is a hassle. I could maybe find 2-3 other people for my extra spots but they would be better off going into a larger group.

Don't you get 250 gold coins on a pre-order? Or is that only for certain games? Cause X2 that would make 500 coins (so €5), which would cover the €20 EP cost with just 4 pre-orders.
I'm in the US and don't remember getting a preorder bonus since Luigi's Mansion 3, and that was just double coins. 300 coins is pretty much all you can get I think.

Edit: I think Splatoon 3 actually gave me a double point preorder as well, but I don't remember any between those 2 games.

Last edited:

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
I thought the vouchers were a dead thing? Or is that only in America?

only america. the rest of the world still has them.

and deals are really good now. with the exchange rates atm in japan, you can get a pair of vouchers for under $80 which effectively makes brand new first party releases cost less than 5 year old first party games on current sales.

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
Suppose I'm waiting an extra couple of days to play Bayonetta. There's a few Capcom Arcade games I want to get, so those extra coins will be perfect.

Does anyone know if Harvestella is likely to get added to the list of voucher eligible games?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm glad my Bayo preorder bounced because I was out of vouchers. I'll wait until November to get vouchers and the game.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
A Switch in the european Nintendo Store costs 100$ more than in a regular store. The benefit there would be pointless.

Dec 2, 2020
I don't think Nintendo get enough credit for giving you eshop cash back on purchases. I went to buy Mario Rabbids 2 the other day and realised I had £11 off the price. It's a really good feature for people who buy a lot of digital games.

The Online expansion is great value too imo not just for the NES, SNES and N64 games but for the Animal Crossing and Mario Kart content and the fact that it's almost half the price of the Xbox and PlayStation yearly online premium prices although it offers far less newer games.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Still have a voucher left for Pokemon.

Guess I can get two more vouchers for Zeld and maybe Fire Emblem. I get the gold points for the purchase of the vouchers right?

And I love the voucher program. €50 day one for first party titles instead of €70-80 on PS5/XSX.

Dread the day Nintendo is going to charge €70...

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what time this goes live? I want to get the DMC: Special Edition while it's on sale and get double the points for it.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know which games are eligible in the US or where to find that list? Didn't see anything on the site yet.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Just bought 2 vouchers (French account here) and only got credited the base 5% in gold points (495), I guess the additional bonus 5% will come a bit later.

EDIT
Nevermind, I got my bonus about an hour later so it's indeed 990 gold points (10%) in total!

Last edited:

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also curious about this. Anybody seen a list? Or does it seem to be pretty universal?
I actually called Nintendo support about this lmao 😂

What I found out is not useful.

Yes, there are 64 games due to be included in this promo. However, they don't know the games and so they can't share that list with me.

Having worked in CS, this sounds par for the course in terms of support people never being told shit. I felt bad because the lady was clearly like "I wish I could tell you but I can't"

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
How have they not revealed which games are eligible for the US already? Really wish it was just all games.