Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
www.hollywoodreporter.com

After Launch of ‘Echo’, Marvel Restarts Production on ‘Daredevil: Born Again’

The studio hopes to keep the momentum going as it seeks to keep the focus on its street-fighting heroes

Echo, meanwhile, bucked the downward trend of superhero screened entertainment by breaking out of the pack with its unique characteristics. It debuted number one on both Disney+ and Hulu, and established actress Alaqua Cox as a viable lead. The show has continued to remain in the spotlight with Cox making several talk show appearances this week and with the show's director, Sydney Freeland, scheduled to appear at the Sundance Film Festival with a fireside chat at the IllumiNative's Indigenous House on Sunday.

The show also had a halo effect for Marvel: Daredevil seasons one and two, Hawkeye, and Punisher season one received major audience bumps, according to insiders.

Marvel is interested in doing more with the character and is already developing new ideas as it seeks to build out its street-level heroes.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was 90% sure the character, and the show, were being tossed out to die, so I'll sort of believe it when I see it.

But by being plugged into the Daredevil-sphere I think the odds of her showing up again down the line aren't unlikely.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe people enjoy heroes doing ground level shit more than they enjoy gleep glorps and jaba-3po' in the outerspace of multidimensional post-paralell-o-gram universes.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched it yet but I'm sure the dual app strategy and dropping the entire thing at once were the key factors here.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Nice.

And I just started watching it the other day. Not gonna lie, I wanted to re watch Hawkeye after I'm done, lol.

Add me to the list.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
We rewatched Hawkeye before Xmas but haven't gotten to echo yet. She's great and I'm looking forward to giving it a watch.

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
Good, because Echo was actually good compared to the other shows we got. Looking at you Secret Invasion 🙄

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Given all the dooming due to all the alleged red flags it had like putting all of its episodes out at once, this is very pleasant news. I would love to see Echo again.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Cool. I still think the Disney+ shows have been a net positive for the MCU, especially now that Daredevil is canon.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Pleasantly surprised by that. Give me more full-season, or at least a substantial episode count drops, please.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Marvel needs to cut bait on the multiverse saga and embrace the street-level hero stories that have been so good (including Spider Man in this)

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'm very happy about this. Echo is the best thing Marvel has done in awhile for many reasons and it's well deserved.

Sparse

Oct 27, 2017
Was a great watch, so any chance for the character to pop up is more than welcome.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Show started strong but last couple eps I didn't care for. Alaqua Cox was great though and would definitely love to see more of Maya.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to see more of Echo (and her supporting cast) but in a less messy package. I especially want to see the run back against Daredevil!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Great to hear, & I'm guessing that Spider-Man 4 will act as the Avengers-level crossover event for all the street-level heroes.

Either way, looks like the MCU is starting what's supposed to be a lighter 2024 on a high note. Hell, I'd be down for Kamala going for a more lighter side of the street-level stuff since those were the best parts of her show (& the comics).

Bengraven