Oct 27, 2017
Waititi did a really amazing job on this film. From beginning to end it's awesome. The humor is on point, the action, and the overall story is great too. Hulk had some standout moments. Thor levels up for the future. Skourge was great. I can't think of much wrong with it.

Change my mind era because right now I'd give waititi the rights to any movie he wants to make.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It's my favorite too - well, I swap it and GotG depending on the day. It's not a masterpiece, but it's just incredibly fun to watch and I had a great time with it. Some other Marvel movies like Black Panther and Civil War are more tightly paced and if you asked me, I'd admit they were probably better movies. But I didn't like either of those nearly as much as this one. Ragnarok might not be the best Marvel movie(I'll concede it has quite a few flaws) but it's my favorite.

I laughed at the dumb jokes every time and just had a great time. End of the day, it was the Marvel movie that made me have the most fun, so it's my favorite. God bless this dumb movie.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
mrw-when-a-program-asks-for-permission-to-make-changes-on-this-computer-85897.gif

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Waititi did a really amazing job on this film. From beginning to end it's awesome. The humor is on point, the action, and the overall story is great too. Hulk had some standout moments. Thor levels up for the future. Skourge was great. I can't think of much wrong with it.

Change my mind gaf because right now I'd give waititi the rights to any movie he wants to make.

Wrong Forum bruv!

And it's my second least favorite behind Iron Man 3. Thought it and the humor was embarrassing (shrugs) Opinions!

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's just an absolutely marvel romp, and it's fun as hell. No shame in your game. Movie's masterclass.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
It's great, but I don't think anything from Marvel will beat Winter Soldier for me. I'm definitely biased towards cap but that's a damn near perfect movie.

pxleyes

Oct 25, 2017
Easily up there with the best. Infinity War is hovering in the as well, but I cant deny the comedy in Ragnarok.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I know I have a top 5, but I have no idea how to rank it.

Dr. Strange
Thor Ragnarok
Guardians 1
Guardians 2
Ant Man(...Sorry)

Like I enjoyed most of the others and I don't think most of my top 5 are better than, say, Infinity War. But if I'm being honest, even though I think say Civil War is a better movie than those I just mentioned...on a rainy day, I'd be up for rewatching the ones in my top 5 and I'd be like "Ehhhhhhhh" at the thought of rewatching any of the movies I'd gladly concede were better paced/written/shot.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this one is the most dependent on the specific type of humor it projects - if this is the kind of stuff you find funny then you're really going to like it, but if this isn't your type of humor then I bet it's incredibly boring considering the movie is like, 75-80% full on comedy. So I can see this being one of the best and also one of the worst. It's consistent as hell.
Personally this was right up my alley considering how much I loved Flight Of The Conchords.

And sorry Zeppelin fans, but this is also the only time I've liked the original Immigrant Song used in a movie(I liked the Reznor cover in TGWTDT though.) It's played twice and it fits both times extremely well.

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's super funny, but continues Marvel's recent trend of really bland action. Other than the hulk/thor fight, the action is really forgettable.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's up there. Here's my top 6 MCU all of which I see as top tier. Past couple years have been insane.

Infinity War
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Civil War
Thor: Ragnorak
Black Panther
Guardians 2

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's right at the top for me too. Has a unique style to it compared to other MCU movies, thanks in part to Goldblum's great character.

Actually I think I'll watch it again tonight.

Last edited:

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the most leftist superhero ever. It's literally a PG-13 superhero movie where the main message that a society built on imperialism can't be reformed, it has to be destroyed completely.

woolyninja

Oct 27, 2017
As soon as Immigrant Song came on I smiled, leaned back and just enjoyed the ride. Its easily one of my favorites and is so damn rewatchable.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nah.

Canned and poorly choreographed action sequences for the most part, none of the major characters have anything resembling a compelling arc that isn't glossed over and resolved in seconds apart from maybe Loki, it's a pretty flat-looking film apart from two or three choice shots, soundtracks has echoes of 80s synth but never commits to it, everything Asgard-related is a drag and Hela sucks.

Probably the weakest 2017 MCU movie for my money.

Oct 28, 2017
California
It's in my top 5 of MCU movies.

I nearly pissed myself laughing when Korg first said " hey man" LMAO

Oh and the play back on Asgard was pure fucking gold.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is great, really good. It's infuriating how bad the sound is in the 4K Blu Ray, it's almost as if the volume is reduced in half.

It's too "quiet"

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I loved it. Such an entertaining film.

And you can't discuss the movie without mentioning Korg or Valkyrie.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It is tied with Guardians 1 and Spider-Man Homecoming as my favorite stand alone Marvel film, I really enjoy the more comedic side of Marvel.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Change my mind era because right now I'd give waititi the rights to any movie he wants to make.

Im right there with you. Not a fan of the other Thor movies, they sucked... But THIS one? Damn it oozed fun from the opening sequence. That shit was great. From start to finish.

The buddy duo with Hulk and Thor REALLY works. Give me more of those and I wont even miss solo Hulk movies anymore.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
It's my favourite too. You could make the argument that some of the other marvel movies are objectively better films, but this one is the most fun for me. The comedic timing is perfect, and fun is the most important factor in these films as far as I'm concerned. If I watch a marvel movie it's because I want to enjoy a comic book movie. If you watch marvel movies because you want cinematic masterpieces you're doing it wrong.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I was tired of Marvel movies until I saw GoTG 1-2 and Thor Ragnarok.

Only need to see Black Panther and Infinity War, but I suppose it's "serious comicbook movie" and I can't do that shit anymore.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
It's definitely up in the top 3 for me with infinity war and gotg1. The humor is right up my alley, the action scenes are epic as fuck, and it never drags.

It's so good I gotta think anyone who hates it must have something seriously wrong with them as a human being.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was decent but took a while to get going. Wasn't a fan of the villain's motives and goals, she felt like your average villain of the week in that sense.

The super short Valkyrie flashback scene was dope.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Surprisingly, I think I agree. At the very least it's second only to Winter Soldier. Definitely wasn't expecting to enjoy a wackier Marvel movie this much after I kinda didn't really enjoy GotG at all. It genuinely made me laugh a bunch of times.