Dyl

Oct 27, 2017

'Cobra Kai' Star Xolo Maridueña in Talks to Star as Latino Superhero 'Blue Beetle' for HBO Max (Exclusive)

xolo-mariduena-blue-beetle-jamie-reyes-cobra-kai-936x527.png

"Corba Kai" breakout Xolo Maridueña is in talks to star in the lead role of Jaime Reyes in "Blue Beetle" for HBO Max, Warner Bros. and DC Films first superhero movie starring a Latino character, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

"Charm City Kings" director Angel Manuel Soto is set to direct.

The screenplay is from Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who wrote Universal's "Scarface" remake and Sony's "Miss Bala."
www.thewrap.com

'Cobra Kai' Star Xolo Maridueña in Talks to Star as Latino Superhero 'Blue Beetle' for HBO Max (Exclusive)

“Charm City Kings” director Angel Manuel Soto is set to direct

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DC has two of their own Spider-Man types and they got jack.

It's about time Jaime got something.

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
I think he'd do a great job at the role. Hopefully they give him a nice script to work with.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
There was a Scarface remake?

It's this upcoming one that has been written again like 20 times already. Coen brothers included,
www.imdb.com

Scarface | Comedy, Crime, Drama

IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. Find ratings and reviews for the newest movie and TV shows. Get personalized recommendations, and learn where to watch across hundreds of streaming providers.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've been waiting a decade for Jamie to get made into a main character for a show or a movie. Happy to see any progress on it.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm happy they picked the right blue beetle

I hope it's more like his original series and not playing second fiddle to Ted

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Great casting, but this should honestly be a theatrical release rather than just HBO Max.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this is because of the massive exposure from Netflix? Good for him etiher way.