Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
But it had me on my ass for a week and change. Just now starting to recover. I had the shakes, full body pain, coughs, etc. Normal flu stuff, but it seemed want to stick around longer than normal. I know when i about to get sick because i get a little tickle in my throat the day before, but this time it was 2 days before the full thing hit.

Over the counter stuff just seemed to waste of time, the only thing that seemed to help with anything was some good cough drops.

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
gnk-droid-main-image_f0d89099.jpeg

Patient Zero

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Ours hit worse in late fall to early winter. We've actually not been sick for a while now, but we had stuff going around from November to early January.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Had some sort of cough that took me over a month to shake. I had no energy, appetite, and lost a ton of weight

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Aye, UK here but there's been a series of really rough colds/flu going around here for the last 3 months or so. I caught something mid-December and it floored me until mid-Jan. Wrote off the festive period somewhat!

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Did you get swabbed for anything?

Our family has gotten basically every virus and bacteria that you can't get vaccinated against since November. It's real great.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, been going around for some months now. We have had at least on other thread here about it filled with people saying the same thing about it just holding on and not letting go for a good 10 days. My wife caught a little something something two weekends ago that I was bracing for. Luckily, she recovered after a few days and I somehow didn't catch it.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Ours hit worse in late fall to early winter. We've actually not been sick for a while now, but we had stuff going around from November to early January.

This sounds about what we had in MD. Hit around the beginning of november, tested negative, stuck around til thanksgiving, had a cough for a week more.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
My mom got this two weeks ago. Oddly my Dad and I didn't get it, and she was around us constantly coughing. I thought it was Covid, but I didn't get her tested, so who knows.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Going around what? I mean it looks like you caught something yourself but who is also sick and with the same symptoms?

Like we can all be catching different stuff you know. And COVID is still very much around as is everything else.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I went 5 years without getting , but I've been sick with fever twice this year already. Covid test was negative. It's called "gonk" where you are, but colloquially here it's called "The crud".

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Shit's swept through my office at least twice. My GF got it. I seem to be immune so far, but I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Fam and friends in my hometown have all been sick the last week with the same thing. One person at work had something a few weeks ago, and their doctor said it was mild pneumonia. I've been feeling sluggish the last few days but chalked it up to early allergies and weather/time changes.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Had some sort of cough that took me over a month to shake. I had no energy, appetite, and lost a ton of weight
I had something similar to that and figured it was the flu, which I had never had before as far as I could tell. Full on sick for two weeks. But the symptoms lingered.

Even lost my voice.
Had to justify my prolonged absence to my freelance jobs and they weren't happy despite hearing how bad I sounded.

Just went out once to celebrate a friend's birthday. Ugh.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm due in our office and so is everyone else for 2 days next week. Hearing gunk like this is going around certainly doesn't make me any happier about being forced in.

Fuck.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
Somehow I've mostly been spared but my wife has been sick on and off since New Years. It's absurd. She works at a grocery store which I've taken to referring to as "the Petri dish." She wears a KN95 but there's thousands of people in there every day coughing and sneezing without them so

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I'm going to a big event this week and have pretty much accepted I'm getting COVID

Jan 29, 2018
My kids' daycare has been absolutely decimated for the past 2 or 3 weeks. My daughter was out for a few days with the flu, but even a week and a half later I don't think anyone in the house feels 100%.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I recently had bronchitis for a couple of weeks. Probably the worst part was that towards the end of it, I managed to pull a chest muscle or two from all of the coughing. STILL hurts a little bit. I guess I can count myself lucky; some people have actually fractured ribs from coughing with bronchitis.

Nah, just stayed locked down

Well that was probably a good idea. It could very well be a mild case of Covid. I have had Covid twice. Both times, the symptoms were no worse than a mild cold. I'm assuming that's because I had been vaccinated, or I just got lucky.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
It could be seasonal allergies. The weather here in the US for the midwest and east coast has been very, very erratic. And so many people I know are sneezing a lot and feeling congested because of it.

We're talking +/-10° changes within a day or two, spring-like weather to full-on snowfall differences within the same week, etc.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get out much, but I went to go see Dune 2, and of course I ended up getting sick even though it was a matinee with hardly anybody there.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
My wife and kid keep getting slammed by something multiple times this year. The kid's school has been dealing with a lot as well, tons of kids out each week. Probably a mix of flu, covid, colds, and whatever other seasonal shit goes around. It does all seem to be hitting harder this year though.

Somehow I've dodged most of it, but sucks to see them sick over and over.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
It's funny, after avoiding COVID for so long and being overly cautious for longer than probably needed, it went through our house in December. That said, everything else we've been hit with this winter has been 100% worse. I'll take COVID any day at this point.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
It could be seasonal allergies. The weather here in the US for the midwest and east coast has been very, very erratic. And so many people I know are sneezing a lot and feeling congested because of it.

We're talking +/-10° changes within a day or two, spring-like weather to full-on snowfall differences within the same week, etc.
I feel like these symptoms were way to severe for it to be that.

Body aches, always feeling cold, throwing up at night, sore throat, coughing up mucus.

Pretty much had to down Ginger Ale, Water and Robitussin for a while month.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Yeah, just getting over an upper respiratory infection that's been going around where I am. Wasn't as bad as Covid but was still pretty bad.

Had a fever (anywhere from 101.3 to 103.2), had some of the body aches/temperature sensitivity that comes with that but ultimately the worst part was the sore throat in my upper throat and the fact that I had a lot of dry congestion and even after drinking several liters of water I felt dehydrated

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I figured with all the Everclear you drink that you'd automatically disinfect any germs that try to enter you, Slay
Can't drink like I use too, getting old

No disrespect...but I am from Georgia, pollen has started yet. My street doesn't look like a college math chalkboard yet

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
It's covid. Everyone is catching covid every month or two, getting sicker and sicker each time in some cases. To some, it's apparently unreasonable doomer behavior if you point this out or find it concerning in any way.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Feel you. Woke up this morning fucked up, called off which I rarely do. Had 2 guys in my shop that were out of commission for a week straight. Be damned if I go in like this, holy hell. Don't think its covid seems like a stomach bug here though

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Did you get swabbed for anything?

Our family has gotten basically every virus and bacteria that you can't get vaccinated against since November. It's real great.

This has been me and our youngest. I've been sick more than I haven't since November. Something started back up last week and I still feel like ass so going to get swabbed today. I feel like this may be strep and I know it has been going around.

Amazingly my wife and our 4 year old have not been sick much this winter.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Tons of stuff has been going around since last November. A lot of viruses seperate from Covid have been having a field day (or months) right now.

I work with doctors and nurses and they all say it's been real bad. RSV and the stomach bug have been the main ones that can't be shaked for a while now.

My mother has been feeling like crap for over a month now. She's been attached to a tissue box since mid-February.

Just been a brutal winter all around as far as sicknesses go.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Been sick for weeks. It's really thrown me for a loop. I was supposed to run this 30 mile race in a couple months but thinking of switching up to a shorter version of it. I just can't train when I feel this way.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Going around what? I mean it looks like you caught something yourself but who is also sick and with the same symptoms?

Like we can all be catching different stuff you know. And COVID is still very much around as is everything else.
I mean, if I'm talking to family, friends and strangers online I live nowhere near and we're describing similar symptoms and failing covid tests and it lasts for a month straight, seems easy to figure it's not all different stuff.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Had it last month, it was COVID, went all through our house and we were miserable for a total of 3 weeks. Fucking sucked.

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
I remember having delta COVID and it was rough.

I've got something now that's destroyed my throat, giving me heavy flu like symptoms and a rough cough - I've had today off work because of it.

It sucks.