FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
This is despicable considering the world is facing a pandemic
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ampaign=bffbbuzzfeednews&ref=bffbbuzzfeednews

The Department of Agriculture confirmed this week it is sticking to its timeline to tighten work requirements starting April 1. People without a disability or children must work 20 hours per week to qualify for SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program formerly known as food stamps. The White House projects 700,000 people would lose SNAP eligibility. Lauren Bauer, a fellow with the Brookings Institution, filed access to information requests for figures from all 50 states and projected the number of people losing assistance would be much higher, at 1.3 million to 1.5 million.

Take my ability to buy food if old.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if a substantial number of those people are part of his base. Seems about as wise as gutting social security or medicare.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I bet a good chunk of his base will be hurting because of this. Yet their base has there hard too far up their ass to realise they are getting screwed over.

Oct 28, 2017
How do you work 20 hours when there's no work to be had because of the coronavirus lmao. These guys honestly suck at this, at least Reagan tried to make you hate poor people by making it as hard as possible for them to jump through hoops.

Yes I know his base is an insane death cult. But this is the sort of thing where there's a clear cause and effect and nothing to hide the effect behind.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
CoYxIZLXgAELqLO.jpg

OP
OP
FF Seraphim

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Just want to point out a lot of the areas that will be hurt by this may be GOP areas.

www.cheatsheet.com

These 15 States Have the Most People on Food Stamps

The number of people on food stamps in these states will shock you.

The USDA Food and Nutrition Service reports there were around 44.2 million individual food stamps recipients receiving an average benefit of $125.79 each in 2017. It's an alarmingly high chunk of our population who struggle to buy nutritious food to fill the fridge, but it makes sense as to why. Millions of Americans live paycheck to paycheck and footing an expensive grocery bill is a tough chore even middle-class families struggle with.

This is a 2 year old report but I doubt there has been any major changes. The fact that over 10% of the US population have to use food stamps is crazy

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
They're obviously going to use this as a bargaining chip to get the payroll tax cut I just hope the Dems don't cave too much you can't bargain with terrorists.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking Christ, GOP, could you please slow the fuck down? This is like the third cartoonishly-evil thing I've seen today, and I know I'm missing at least one other thing.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This already happened to me. I live with family, so it's really taken a hit on all of them, too. The social services office was also very harassing about my "lack of work" and sent me a bunch of unsolicited paperwork on 'how to interview better'. I freelance as a producer and designer in games and do other independent contractor work but I guess that's not good enough for them. I suffer from a lot of panic disorders and while I've been able to work in public in the past, lately I've been a lot more severe in symptoms and often can't even bring myself to go through a drive through or make phone calls. Guess I'll starve if work keeps falling through. The game I'm on right now I don't even get to work on because there's no money to pay me and we might be shutting it down soon. Then I'm completely barren for projects.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I can already hear my dipshit Trump-erterian coworkers commenting about this that it's good and government spending blah blah and welfare state blah blah.

All so we can save a drop in the bucket? Fantastic strategy there folks.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Hurting your own base seems like a crazy thing to do during an election year. Doubt his cult will care if he fucks them over hard though, they'd be willing to drink the kool-aid if he asked them to.