Feb 14, 2024
I don't understand why so many people "settle" for watching his trash channel. There's so many better tech channels, podcasts, communities, etc. that actually have real technical knowledge as opposed to LTT which just feels like fake knowledge sponsored by ______.

Oct 25, 2017
His videos have returned to raking in millions of views. He feels emboldened and vindicated to continue his shitty behavior and by the looks of it saying even worse, confident he can get away with it. The pompous smugness he wrote that "good luck with that argument" says it all.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
im not sure why youtube keeps redirecting me to their dumb podcast, i basically stopped watching linus videos completely, but if i leave my autoplay on for a while (for example when i go to sleep) i always end up there. really annoying

Jul 1, 2020
im not sure why youtube keeps redirecting me to their dumb podcast, i basically stopped watching linus videos completely, but if i leave my autoplay on for a while (for example when i go to sleep) i always end up there. really annoying
You can ban channels from being recommended to you. I did that with all of the LMG channels as they popped up when all of this started. I haven't seen a single one since. You can do it on desktop by hovering over the video then clicking the 3 dots button that appears on the thumbnail. Just click "Don't recommend channel" and you won't see anything from that channel anymore. You can do it on the tv apps by holding the enter button on the video and then pressing the same option on the menu.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
You can ban channels from being recommended to you. I did that with all of the LMG channels as they popped up when all of this started. I haven't seen a single one since. You can do it on desktop by hovering over the video then clicking the 3 dots button that appears on the thumbnail. Just click "Don't recommend channel" and you won't see anything from that channel anymore. You can do it on the tv apps by holding the enter button on the video and then pressing the same option on the menu.

perfect, thanks!

Nov 4, 2017

Oh wow. I wonder if that stooge would follow the same line of reasoning and be super cool about it if somebody were to make a racist, misogynist crack about his wife's last name 🤔

What a trash person.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Linus is now dipping his toes into diet racism. Makes my decision to stop supporting this dumbass after the GN/Sexual issues even better.

View: https://twitter.com/dbrand/status/1777823124479734097

Lol, that's not being edgy, this was completely unprompted to a person seeking customer support. Imagine having an issue with a product, reaching to the manufacturer and getting told "ur name looks like it spells shit rash kek, go away", the fuck?

It would be "slightly" more forgiving if they provided any sort of support, but nope.

Nov 4, 2017
We would probably get an hour long Linus video about why this isn't ok.
fb1.jpg

He'd qualify for the Olympics with the degree of mental gymnastics.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
I'm impressed mkbhd showed that level of backbone in speaking out against this. Where was it when PewDiePie was dropping n bombs and anti-Semitic posts, though? Or Elon Musk's recent tweets about HBCUs?

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm impressed mkbhd showed that level of backbone in speaking out against this. Where was it when PewDiePie was dropping n bombs and anti-Semitic posts, though? Or Elon Musk's recent tweets about HBCUs?

Dude is still trash for those situations, but I know that being the major Black name in this space forces you to make compromises on choosing targets. Not that I agree with his silence, but it's easy to chastise someone for silence when it's not your head on the chopping block in an industry with little minorities representation to begin with.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Dude is still trash for those situations, but I know that being the major Black name in this space forces you to make compromises on choosing targets. Not that I agree with his silence, but it's easy to chastise someone for silence when it's not your head on the chopping block in an industry with little minorities representation to begin with.

It's hard to sympathize when he has the reach and voice that he has, but can only gather the gumption to use it against a fucking phone case company for the easy points. Why bother at all?

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I know I should never look at the comments but fuck me if it doesn't feel like we've hit a new low reading some responses on Reddit. Upvoted comments like "Indians keep groping women, why don't they apologize for that first" and stuff like that. It's so exhausting man.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to sympathize when he has the reach and voice that he has, but can only gather the gumption to use it against a fucking phone case company for the easy points. Why bother at all?

I don't have a clue about Marques or his early background before being well-known. I will say this a Black man in medicine with friends in corresponding fields like law, engineering, etc. It's easy to be critical about principals when it's not your life or paycheck. I cynically look at Marques as not fucking with his money, but who isn't like that? Do I say every little complain I have working with department chairs, doctors, etc? No, because I'd be on the street and industries like these will only tolerate baby steps. It fucking sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a clue about Marques or his early background before being well-known. I will say this a Black man in medicine with friends in corresponding fields like law, engineering, etc. It's easy to be critical about principals when it's not your life or paycheck. I cynically look at Marques as not fucking with his money, but who isn't like that? Do I say every little complain I have working with department chairs, doctors, etc? No, because I'd be on the street and industries like these will only tolerate baby steps. It fucking sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.

It's one thing to stay quiet, but in those two particular situations (pdp and Elon), he's not simply staying quiet but also ardently riding for them. An active participant in that whole "Sub to PewDiePie" wave and well-documented Tesla evangelist.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
It's one thing to stay quiet, but in those two particular situations (pdp and Elon), he's not simply staying quiet but also ardently riding for them. An active participant in that whole "Sub to PewDiePie" wave and well-documented Tesla evangelist.
I think like a lot of people he was a Tesla fan and he was given exclusive access to their products. But now he seems much more bullish on it and objective. He also got rid of his Tesla for a Rivian, as did iJustine.

He may have the cybertruck but I think he also talked about selling it. You also just can't be in that space and pretend Tesla doesn't exist either.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017

Wait. Fam was actively riding for them? I thought he was just quiet. In that case, I withdraw my prior comments. My bad on that. Fuck him with no exceptions then.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
I had to search for the original dbrand tweet as they've since deleted it - and whoooo boy, it's even worse than I would have guessed it was.

Dbrand is a major sponsor for many bigger general tech channels and well, unsurprisingly so many of them including Linus showed their ass here. General racist bullying is still funny to people. Not surprised.

Certainly adds fuel in my mind to the argument that LMG is a toxic workplace if he thinks that shit is remotely acceptable.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Some things are best left off-site. Posting a screenshot would feel gross.
Comes up in results on google for "dbrand tweet".
Eh I'd argue screenshots are better than linking to the shitty things and giving it actual view metrics, especially when it's on Twitter. But I did find the image.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Linus's response is as narrow minded and flippant as you'd expect, but @ing him in this context was pure bait. In no universe would he have responded any differently. He's demonstrated this bullheadedness time and time again.

Last edited:

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
Eh I'd argue screenshots are better than linking to the shitty things and giving it actual view metrics, especially when it's on Twitter. But I did find the image.

Yeah, you're 100% right there - giving the tweet metrics is the worse option. Just didn't want to be personally responsible for posting it to the site.