• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, if the Catherine remake is fair game, I've been desperate to claim these if that's okay?

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night by purseowner (19/12/17)
Release: 2018

Persona 5: Dancing Star Night by purseowner (19/12/17)

Just double confirm with Moon and should be all good. If you need any assistance or like to collab on any art or related on the Persona 3 one (my favorite Persona game <3) give me a shout :)

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Already talked to Moon via PM and been approved before posted since it's very likely this will come out in a year and all that. All approved and vetted with the claim. Please look forward to it!
Oh wait so it's just "likely" 2018? That's not how you sold it in the PM :D

I don't wanna research all y'alls game dates. Are all of tehse actually announced as 2018?

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just double confirm with Moon and should be all good. If you need any assistance or like to collab on any art or related on the Persona 3 one (my favorite Persona game <3) give me a shout :)

The more the merrier - I'll welcome your contributions! :)

I don't wanna research all y'alls game dates. Are all of tehse actually announced as 2018?

Spring 2018 for mine, actually. Didn't remember it had been that specific.

Oct 25, 2017

Haha, it's definitely going to be out in less than a year as I said (it's a port of an older game and the constant teasing prior). If it doesn't come out in a post year then I shall change my avatar or eat my hat! But if it's indeed legit after a year from now then I am happy for this to be void.

Catherine's damn too awesome of a game I am passionate about to not get my hands on and give the OT a damn good job :P

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uhm... I don't know about bending the rules because the passion of someone for certain games, likely unfair for others, plus OTs are not vanity, they are for building up community, also there's no actual evidence that says "50% done" not that I have seen it.

I think it should remain unclaimed until further notice.

EDIT. I just saw indeed the 50% complete, however the release date is not confirmed for 2018

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say this was claimed for vanity reasons by any means or the definition there considering this is made purely for the community - hence this topic - and already made the posts to shout to some of the peeps to join and collab with this already so currently on default to get the ball rolling there. I am pretty excited to see where this online gaming features this will bring (but this is better discussed in the thread of this already) and getting the information across well and related. Got to make sure to get all the best points across with what this game is.

But this is definitely going to be out in less than a year with the progress already. A little preemptive out of excitement but if Moon is happy with this and future basis to be more careful I'm happy to continue with how the default is done seeing with the former and check up! Can't see anyone being hurt out of this with what's been done :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By vanity I mean claiming you by special rules because you want it, maybe others want it too, and they can claim it by normal rules like everyone does.
I don't know, it can be released next year, the thing is when, if it's fall you are far out then.

And I believe it hurts when someone decides to claim, let's say "final fantasy 7 remake"

They can't, because the rules say not until a good release date.

"But you did with this guy"

Then what?

I do believe that the game will be released next year as well, the thing is when, and I don't know how to feel when I have to time my claims and wait if anyone can get special claims because they like the game a lot, seems unfair.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I have no horses in this race but I'm fairly certain it'll be out before December 19, 2018 so he's within the boundaries to claim it imo

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no horses in this race but I'm fairly certain it'll be out before December 19, 2018 so he's within the boundaries to claim it imo
Sure, yet not a release date.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ either rules need a rework or this is stepping outside.

EDIT: First paragraph of the OT OT
  • Not OK: It's E3 2005 and you want to claim a new game announced for "2006"
  • OK: It's E3 2005 and you want to claim a new game announced for Q1 2006
I think this could use a rework to allow stuff like Fred's claim, I think the system is a bit hard about when is okay release it, in this case I have been looking for a proper release date and I couldn't find either one that says "2018" or a specific date.

There's just the "it's half done" but not a margin or a release window :/

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Guys guys guys.

Lay of the land.

Here

A Niconico live stream for the game will take place on December 22, 2017 at 7:30 PM JST (2:30 AM PST / 5:30 AM EST).
So I just looked into this. There's no date announced. As I mentioned in one of the other PM responses, we don't do guesstimate dates. It, at the very least, needs a year. Not "I feel it in my bones" but from the horse's mouth. Otherwise we might as well claim like it's the wild west again.

There's no point in being "first" anyway. As I said multiple times, and I believe I put it in the OP as well, this is not "race" where the first one gets the prize and the other are wiiubehindrainywindow.jpg - as soon as someone else wants to collab, you gotta collab anyway. No matter if you claimed first or someone else claimed first and you then say "hey I wanted to..." - that's how this whole thing has always worked. So there's really no rush.

So no, the Catherine claim is a no-go as of now. That might change with the livestream next week if they nail it down.

I'll finally try to get the OP rewrite done over the holiday break, hopefully making some things clearer and stuff.

edit: full disclosure - I just put myself down a few days ago for that Sushi Striker 3DS game that got announced this year at E3 for "2018." With this scenario, it had a clear 2018 date from the get-go and there's 0 chances of a delay due to the nature of the game and platform.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the clarification Moon. I'm happy to have it back to default to keep order here as what a kerfuffle this stirred haha! My bad folks :P At least hopefully wont be long until the actual date is revealed to go forward from there!

cj_iwakura would you like to do the OT since you did the OT on the previous site? More than happy for you to take this because of your work already done prior before with the community with this game :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Starting now, I've added a new requirement to the OP and updated the formatting to reflect it:

Provide a source for the release date. No educated guesstimates or speculation. As official as possible, please.

Code:
[b]TITLE[/b] by [url=LINK TO YOUR RESETERA PROFILE]USERNAME[/URL] ([url=LINK TO YOUR CLAIMS POST]TODAY'S DATE[/url])
[URL=LINK TO OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE SOURCE no speculation]RELEASE DATE[/URL]

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Starting now, I've added a new requirement to the OP and updated the formatting to reflect it:

Provide a source for the release date. No educated guesstimates or speculation. As official as possible, please.

Code:
[b]TITLE[/b] by [url=LINK TO YOUR RESETERA PROFILE]USERNAME[/URL] ([url=LINK TO YOUR CLAIMS POST]TODAY'S DATE[/url])
[URL=LINK TO OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE SOURCE no speculation]RELEASE DATE[/URL]

Good move!

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Thanks for the clarification Moon. I'm happy to have it back to default to keep order here as what a kerfuffle this stirred haha! My bad folks :P At least hopefully wont be long until the actual date is revealed to go forward from there!

cj_iwakura would you like to do the OT since you did the OT on the previous site? More than happy for you to take this because of your work already done prior before with the community with this game :)
I'm good either way, long as I can help.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
What we will do is put my name down when the date comes and whatever you feel you like I will go with and what is best for the community (can change the by thread). We'll discuss by PM from there :)
remember: the person posting the thread should put the claim in (or update me if it changes!), as that is whose profile page I will be checking once the post date comes to see if it's been posted.

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Project Octopath Traveler by Zombie Fred (20/12/17)
Release date : 2018
Same problem as Catherine, no real date, in fact, it was pushed back in October.

And again, calling dibs on Catherine OT is pretty much agains this whole paragraph

There's no point in being "first" anyway. As I said multiple times, and I believe I put it in the OP as well, this is not "race" where the first one gets the prize and the other are wiiubehindrainywindow.jpg - as soon as someone else wants to collab, you gotta collab anyway. No matter if you claimed first or someone else claimed first and you then say "hey I wanted to..." - that's how this whole thing has always worked. So there's really no rush.

Wait until the official release date to plan anything and dont flood the OT

Oct 25, 2017
remember: the person posting the thread should put the claim in (or update me if it changes!), as that is whose profile page I will be checking once the post date comes to see if it's been posted.

Thanks dude

Same problem as Catherine, no real date, in fact, it was pushed back in October.

And again, calling dibs on Catherine OT is pretty much agains this whole paragraph

Wait until the official release date to plan anything and dont flood the OT

I've already checked with Moon on this and been approved and goes with the rules and everyone is happy with Catherine for when the the date comes (even the original dude who did the OT back on the old prior site) so I don't see what your issue is?

EDIT: Moon can you please confirm or happy to bring in a Mod/Admin to check all this?

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Thanks dude
I've already checked with Moon on this and been approved and goes with the rules and everyone is happy with Catherine for when the the date comes (even the original dude who did the OT back on the old prior site) so I don't see what your issue is?

EDIT: Moon can you please confirm or happy to bring in a Mod/Admin to check all this?

Please just remember the bit about this not being a race. You don't need to push it with claiming a bunch of "2018" games now. It's fine to wait until there is a more concrete date or a month or even a quarter. Nobody can take anything away from anyone anyway.^^

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I got your back Moon

latest

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Slightly revised:

Playing with the idea of turning the 1-year-out rule into a 6-months-out rule or something like that as well.

SOME BRIEF GUIDELINES ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO CLAIM HERE:

1. You're making a commitment to work on it.
  2. You'll update us if you change your mind. (Or when a release date changes)
  3. If you choose to make a thread on someone else's behalf you are solely responsible for it.
  4. Posting an OT is taking on a responsibility to maintain it, too. Don't just post one, cash in the praise, then dash. Keep it updated if other posters bring up valuable info to collect and share. Make sure things are accurate.
  5. If somebody has already claimed an OT that you also wanted to work on, collaborate with each other. Claiming an OT is not a race to be first to exclude others. Collaboration is mandatory if multiple people want to work on an OT! This is not first come first served! Claiming is about preventing two people wasting their time making dueling threads, it's not about excluding others.
  6. Be reasonable - claims are to only be made for games/etc officially announced as releasing within the next twelve months (aka the 1-year-out rule). No TBA or "coming soon" type stuff. No educated guesstimates or speculation. Provide a source for the release date. As official as possible, please.

Oct 25, 2017
Those rules are great to update.

How does the idea of existing long running game series that have good communities on here already, with any future title announcements they must first ask within said ad related community topics with the thumbs up from said people and acknowledged before posting here and claiming? That way the communities can be involved with the process and collaboration and have the right mind set than any person who doesn't generally get involved or are active in this area or regular threads of related series/title. I do think the idea of someone wishing to do OTs without alerting or approval to said areas is not the right way of doing things.

Example of this:

Gaming Community: Persona ERA (approved by member 1, member 2, member 3)
Collab members: User 1, User 2

This would be a more clearer/healthy way of long titles and series that many of us here are very passionate and love about and give the right voices and effort to those who are active in participating and are acknowledged with approval and nice transparency.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

How does the idea of existing long running game series that have good communities on here already, with any future title announcements they must first ask within said ad related community topics with the thumbs up from said people and acknowledged before posting here and claiming? That way the communities can be involved with the process and collaboration and have the right mind set than any person who doesn't generally get involved or are active in this area or regular threads of related series/title. I do think the idea of someone wishing to do OTs without alerting or approval to said areas is not the right way of doing things.

Example of this:

That sounds a bit too convoluted/involved to me. Plus more importantly, "approval" conditions would bring exclusion back into this in a big way. Which is what I just tried to make clear in the revised guidelines was not a thing. A community can't just go "nah, I don't approve of X doing the OT" and what then? Think of it this way, nobody would ever let me do an OT again because people hate my titles and my obnoxious yelling about reading the OPs. :) Seriously, though, the communities with their inner circles and all that can always get involved anyway. They just need to step up and say "Hey, I want to collab on this" and boom, there ya go. As soon as more than one person want to work on an OT, the collaboration is on unless someone decides to drop out again.

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds a bit too convoluted/involved to me. Plus more importantly, "approval" conditions would bring exclusion back into this in a big way. Which is what I just tried to make clear in the revised guidelines was not a thing. A community can't just go "nah, I don't approve of X doing the OT" and what then? Think of it this way, nobody would ever let me do an OT again because people hate my titles and my obnoxious yelling about reading the OPs. :) Seriously, though, the communities with their inner circles and all that can always get involved anyway. They just need to step up and say "Hey, I want to collab on this" and boom, there ya go. As soon as more than one person want to work on an OT, the collaboration is on unless someone decides to drop out again.

Fair play man. I can see your point when you put it that way and having simple with someone putting their name down and then others replying to collab and going from there will lead to the same destination as well. The whole community side and that is something of a hard complex one though.

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Example of this:

This would be a more clearer/healthy way of long titles and series that many of us here are very passionate and love about and give the right voices and effort to those who are active in participating and are acknowledged with approval and nice transparency.
This is exclusion part 2.

OTs are for the community by the community, being part of a community should not be "approved" by any other member.

Like, me, a total random who is in a community just because I say NO to the good will of an user.

Come on.

None, what's yours?

Anyhow, chill, you were off the limits of the OT policy and got revised, if you have any problems outside of that, your call, keep this civil if you can.

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Catherine: Full Body by Luulubuu (22/12/2017)
RELEASE DATE:Next Winter

Slightly revised:

Playing with the idea of turning the 1-year-out rule into a 6-months-out rule or something like that as well.

SOME BRIEF GUIDELINES ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO CLAIM HERE:

1. You're making a commitment to work on it.
  2. You'll update us if you change your mind. (Or when a release date changes)
  3. If you choose to make a thread on someone else's behalf you are solely responsible for it.
  4. Posting an OT is taking on a responsibility to maintain it, too. Don't just post one, cash in the praise, then dash. Keep it updated if other posters bring up valuable info to collect and share. Make sure things are accurate.
  5. If somebody has already claimed an OT that you also wanted to work on, collaborate with each other. Claiming an OT is not a race to be first to exclude others. Collaboration is mandatory if multiple people want to work on an OT! This is not first come first served! Claiming is about preventing two people wasting their time making dueling threads, it's not about excluding others.
  6. Be reasonable - claims are to only be made for games/etc officially announced as releasing within the next twelve months (aka the 1-year-out rule). No TBA or "coming soon" type stuff. No educated guesstimates or speculation. Provide a source for the release date. As official as possible, please.
I would rather make it 6 months, so you can avoid the whole "201X" thing or the "I'm pretty sure"s if you have a 6 month margin you are

• Probably focused on making it
  • Aware of the date, will not forget about it
  • if something changes, you have plenty of window to move

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Current rules standing and now the date here we finall go now with confirmation from the Japan stream (will be importing)

Catherine: Full Body
by Zombie Fred (22/12/17)
Release: Winter 2018

Oct 25, 2017
I claimed prior before and collaborating with the previous existing OT. I don't wish to collab with you due to personal concerns and you know what you was doing here when I expressed clearly on everything prior. Will keep this civil and PM Sweet Nicole on this one.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It would be sad if this thread became the equivalent of YouTube commenting 'first'.

Oct 25, 2017
User has been warned: brings offsite drama into the thread in an attempt to villify another user.
It would be sad if this thread became the equivalent of YouTube commenting 'first'.

Sadly Luu knows what she was doing here and with my personal opinions of her off this site due to bullying and harassment. This is why I can't collaborate with her and got to escalate this out of concern and it's a shame this is why,

EDIT: I have messaged Zhuge and Sweet Nicole to get this addressed.

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly Luu knows what she was doing here and with my personal opinions of her off this site due to bullying and harassment. This is why I can't collaborate with her and got to escalate this out of concern and it's a shame this is why,

Same, since public stuff is now a thing and I have to discuss this too.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017

she knows what she was doing: respecting the rules. she respects them so much that she even offered to colab, despite your supposedly saying she has problems with you.
and really, "luu knows my personal opinions of her", and you actually spins this on victim blaming?

it's not a matter of being first. it's a matter of doing the whole process of "getting" an OT right.

Oct 25, 2017
I accept blame for the rules not done being correct and that is my fault and own up to it. My passion and excitement for this project got the better of me and wanting to do this but personal conflict and all that got the better judgement.

I shouldn't have mentioned any personal involvement or conflict so I will apologies for this. I am in the wrong in regards to jump with rules and getting heated/too excited for this.

Out of respect of everything I will stand down on the Catherine OT and wish everyone well to collab here :)

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes< I believe OT's should be made with care and passion as bad OT's can deter visitors. Luu has made some pretty fancy OT's if I do say so myself.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes< I believe OT's should be made with care and passion as bad OT's can deter visitors. Luu has made some pretty fancy OT's if I do say so myself.

The Gold edition is a good one so I know it will be done good. She followed all the rules correctly and my own selfish desire for doing the OT and saying upfront and wanting to involve other people got the better of me. I apologies on that and I am in the wrong not following procedure correctly. Too much wasted energy when should be focused on talking about the game instead and can do in there.

All the best on the OT Luu and sorry for being too worked up with it. Will keep all this on point and rules followed.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
ResetEra is NOT another battlefield for your offsite feuds. Bums me out to see users behaving this way to each other.

Back to the topic.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Not just based on this recent confusion and back-and-forth, the OT claim window will move to a six-month-window from now on. This will avoid sooo many problems for all parties: delay chaos, hype claims, bans, keeping track of release date announcements ("year" to "quarter" to "month" to "delay" to "actual date"), people forgetting, overly long list, people losing interest, including newer members, and probably a bunch more. Goes for everything tied to release dates. As usual, random community threads don't even really need to be claimed but those who still do it can do so whenever as dates are a non-issue there.

Everyone is free to take personal notes on what OTs they would want to claim so they don't forget. Besides, it's not like anyone starts working on them a year out lol.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Not just based on this recent confusion and back-and-forth, the OT claim window will move to a six-month-window from now on. This will avoid sooo many problems for all parties: delay chaos, hype claims, bans, keeping track of release date announcements ("year" to "quarter" to "month" to "delay" to "actual date"), people forgetting, overly long list, people losing interest, including newer members, and probably a bunch more.

Everyone is free to take personal notes on what OTs they would want to claim so they don't forget. Besides, it's not like anyone starts working on them a year out lol.
Sounds good, with all the right arguments!
Does it include Catherine? ;)

edit: does it applies to import threads too?