OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you follow Modern Warfare on social media you'll have realized there has been a spike in content creation surrounding hacking console players face online. I first encountered it with MW warzone/BR and noticed on kill cam a PC player tracking my movement through a building, from a far, before the headshot. The kill seemed impossible and so I spectated and watched this "player" track and head shot 22 or so people to win the game.

I watched in awe. It was so shocking that I captured what I could and posted it on reddit only to find out that this is a well known and well documented problem. For those that want to know what it feels like to encounter a cheater in this game 13:00 -22:00 makes for hilarious viewing.

And it was on reddit that someone posted a video showing exactly what a hackers view point is and seeing the litany of hacks they're running with made me instantly boot up my PS4 just to disable cross play...

And begin to wonder why anyone would push for this fundamentally broken system? I know a gamers here on era who see cross play as an absolute necessity. But given the stories that are emerging not just in MW but other games also, I'm starting to wonder... Who is actually benefiting from this?

A greater pool of people is one thing. But running into NEO from the Matrix in online mutliplayer is quite literally game breaking. And I don't think people took into account just how abhorrent this crossplay situation would become after game breaking exploits started to be exploited.

Edit

I'm not arguing against the idea of crossplay per se. Just that the option to opt in/out is a necessity and needs to be added to every game where crossplay is a feature.

Last edited:

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Just report and get over it, there are hackers on all systems. I mean I'm all for options so whatever but crossplay is the future.

Everyone is benefiting, that's the point.

The only future with no hackers is one where Stadia and similar becomes the only way to play. F that future.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Who is benefitting from it?

All the people who have friends and family who have different systems than them and want to play together.

I know Fortnite and Modern Warfare have they option to disable crossplay. I assume most games have that feature as well

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I don't want crossplay. Are there any games that don't give you an option? Your thread title makes it sound like it's not available.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah PC def needs to be way better at detecting cheaters. Its always going to happen and absolutely comes with the territory when there is cross play on PC.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Who is benefitting from it?

All the people who have friends and family who have different systems than them and want to play together.

I know Fortnite and Modern Warfare have they option to disable crossplay. I assume most games have that feature as well
Then they can enable the ability to cross play. I like cross play, always have, but there were times I wanted it to be disabled on PS2 (Final Fantasy XI) and PC (Paragon).

dariruzaka

Jan 31, 2018
When there's no crossplay, people are begging for crossplay.
Now people are begging for crossplay to be disabled.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Just saying just disable cross play doesn't help this kind of issue either.

Nov 14, 2017
This is a particular problem with BR games. Because there are so many people in the lobby, the odds of a hacker are so much greater.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
You should be able to select which platforms you specifically want to cross play with, not a blanket yes/no for cross play. Hate to say it but PC is probably going to get left out if that option did exist because it's percieved to be the least secure.

Matic

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely needs an option, if destiny ever goes cross play I refuse to jump in trials knowing how badly it's ruined by hackers on PC.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely needs an option, if destiny ever goes cross play I refuse to jump in trials knowing how badly it's ruined by hackers on PC.
Trials? Regular Crucible is ruined worse.

Been tempted to just play Crucible on consoles, going down from 21:9 1440p 120 Hz 105 FOV to just 1080p 30fps shitFOV just due to hackers.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I have disable crossplay in settings, but if the game forces it I'll simply just not play it.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Yes, the option to choose which platforms you want to play with needs to be mandatory for crossplay enabled games. Sony should enforce this.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Keep crossplay default with the option to opt out if those who don't want it to have the option to not use it.

OP
OP
OG_Thrills

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hackers have always existed, consoles vs consoles have hackers as well

Subjective of course but I haven't run into a single cheater on console. Do they exist? Sure. I mean, I wouldn't bet against it. But it's somewhat of an infestation on MW crossplay. As much as I enjoy the game if PS4 didn't have the option to opt out. I'd delete the game entirely.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
there absolutely should be a way to disable crossplay if the player so choose. Also, the default state should be disabled, and when the player attempt to enable it, it should prompt that certain warnings that the experience will not be 'controlled' after that.

Personally, i have always disabled crossplay when i play SFV on PS4 because when i enable them, i've came across to many PC players using laura running 'mid-kick macros' to grind for Fight money. And i ain't waste my time on these people.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. I have cross play turned off for every single game on PS4. Rocket League, SFV, Warzone, etc. Any competitive game, that shit is disabled.

There needs to be an option for console only cross play. Oh and cross play should be off by default.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I mean, ban cheaters from playing online would be an acceptable solution also. And block cheaters so you dont match against them again. I think those are good alternatives too.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Even without hacking the game is so much different they might be two different versions. I wouldn't take my 30fps tunnel vision version with ridiculous recoil against people who don't have to deal with any of this.

OP
OP
OG_Thrills

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to add a screen shot showing just how egregious and game breaking hacking is on MW.

Mods please let me know if that's possible for context purposes.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Surprised console and PC crossplay is even a thing, honestly. At least the default setting of it. Mouse is so much better than analog, after all.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Have you forgotten about all the hackers since the 360/PS3 days on COD ?
You do know that we are in 2020, and XBO/PS4 released in 2013, right?

COD had that on PS3 once it got jailbroken and 360 was a constant battle with the JTAG. But current ones? Can't play online with custom firmware of any kind. But you are talking over 7 years ago.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for Crossplay when it's on Fighting games. But this PC to console is dumb on any kind of shooting game. No way to know someone is hacking without speccing them and you can only spec them after they fucked your shit up.

DDOS and lagswitches you just gotta deal with because the game is the game and that's always going to be a part of online multiplayer no matter what game you're playing.

I'm not sure wallhacks and aimbots are possible on consoles because I'm 99% sure you can't even play hacked consoles online unless you're a gen or 2 behind.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised console and PC crossplay is even a thing, honestly. At least the default setting of it. Mouse is so much better than analog, after all.
The matchmaking auto-sorts between controllers and kb/m in a lot of these games.

Don't know if it registers all of these flick stick gyro mods for controllers though; that shit is damn near mouse like.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just report and get over it, there are hackers on all systems. I mean I'm all for options so whatever but crossplay is the future.

The only future with no hackers is one where Stadia and similar becomes the only way to play. F that future.
No it's not. Nothing like this with Xbox or PS4. PS4 hacks are only save data related and Xbox is fully secure.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Honestly this is why I want games to just have console crossplay for matchmaking and then if you want to play with a PC friend you just join their party and then get put in the PC matchmaking pool. This is something I haven't had to deal with on console in like 7 years so I don't want to deal with this now when I don't need to.

Modern Warfare 2019 will definitely be unplayable in a couple years. You can turn off crossplay but in lower pop regions I doubt you'll find matches with it turned off as I assume you can only match others with it turned off on your platform.

There aren't hackers on Xbox One and PS4 no.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
SFV has it for sure. Definitely had to use it when the PC "netcode fix" mod came out and shit the connection up for console users. Even now I have a distrust for playing PC users because if the match lags at all I always check to see if they are a PC player. If they're not I say, "shit connection." If they are I say, "cheater."

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't hacking in PC multiplayer games very dependent on the game/engine and client/server architecture?

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why they include PC players when you're playing on console is beyond me. Can't they just make it cross play PS4 and Xbox? I don't want to okay with people using a mouse and keyboard.

And the stupid game ALWAYS asks me to enable cross play before it looks for a match.... Uhh no thank you.

OP
OP
OG_Thrills

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is another with a hacker getting 49 kills

9:50 onwards

NUEGe.gif

4da.gif

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I just looked up warzone hacks and these hacks cost like $90 and are only good for 30 days and you have to rebuy them. Crazy people buy this crap.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
just make it so you can toggle what platforms you wanna crossplay with. check off pc and the cheaters would probably go away

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Watching social media videos really distort the actual prevalence of it actually happening. A streamer who play 12 hours a day find a hacker, post it on youtube for 300k views and now everyone thinks PC is infested with it.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
The ability to tell who players from other platforms are and to opt out of playing with them is a 1st party cert requirement. If a game doesn't have it they got a Waiver exception, and likely only granted to the big money makers. It's not the norm, but the exception, as the rules & standards in place already accomodate this.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the people I play MP games with are on Xbox so I'd at least want to keep console crossplay. Losing that would be a huge step back.