Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
A fire near Pemex's Ku-Maloob-Zaap offshore platform complex on Mexico's Gulf Coast has been controlled following a gas leak.

Pemex said the gas leak occurred at 5:15am local time in the submarine pipeline near Ku-Maloob-Zaap's Ku-C satellite platform in the Campeche Sound causing a fire 150 meters from the platform, according to a statement from the company. By 10:45am local time normal operating conditions were restored, and no injuries or evacuations were reported, it said.

www.bloomberg.com

Pemex Controls Fire Near Offshore Oil Platform Complex

A fire near Pemex’s Ku-Maloob-Zaap offshore platform complex on Mexico’s Gulf Coast has been controlled following a gas leak.

Pacific Rim is real.

Edit: It's under control.

Last edited:

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like some good footage to put in a montage of how we got to the point we're at in 20-30 years or so when society has collapsed and the planet is an uninhabitable wasteland.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if hurricane elsa goes through there...wonder what happens. I imagine it will be under control by then but it makes me wonder

Koyaannis

May 5, 2021
I guess there is some kind of chemical involved, but the boats throwing water on... water is a really strange sight.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
This makes me angry, fuck, man.

Remember back in the 80s when we were naive and optimistic that society would be well past fossil fuels by the 21st century?

Fuck.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we finally sue these oil companies until they are bankrupt?
They are destroying this planet and get away with this shit since forever.
Fuck man

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Glad the got it under control.

Mother Earth gonna b MAD

Sephiroth was right?
Or Thanos?

Remember back in the 80s when we were naive and optimistic that society would be well past fossil fuels by the 21st century?
Am I messed up to read this, then think of Chris de Burgh's song, "Fire on the Water"?

And I can see the fire on water
I can see the light shining in your eyes
I know that I can't stop it now
'Cos I've been caught in the heat of the sun

Last edited:

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i saw this on twitter earlier and it doesnt even look real somehow, like somebodys CG project

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
When I first saw this I though it was CGI. Us humans are destroying this planet.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
OP's avatar is my perfect reaction to this.

4534.jpg

Jan 29, 2018
The fire has been controlled but has it been put out? They might just be letting it burn out if it isn't being fed anymore.

Either way it seems really dumb that we do this on the ocean.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Something funny about watching firefighters spraying a fire with water in the ocean

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Shut them down.
All of them.

Our lives are on the line and we need a mass protest on the level of last year's BLM rallies.
Contact your lawmakers daily. Remind them that you didn't elect them to stand around and accept oil & gas bribes.

inb4 random doomposting

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
All of these underwater pipelines seem like bad, poorly maintained issues. There have been a number of pipelines that just leak oil into the gulf for even years while the company responsible for them does nothing and is absolved of the blame:

www.npr.org

This Oil Spill Has Been Leaking Into The Gulf For 14 Years

In the Gulf of Mexico, an oil spill triggered by a powerful hurricane has been leaking for more than 14 years with no solution in sight. The federal government is stepping in to try and contain it.