• Goku Black (Dragon Ball Super)

Votes: 94 42.9%
  • Reverse-Flash (DC Comics)

Votes: 125 57.1%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Revealed at the end of Batman vs Iron Man, the next DEATH BATTLE is between Goku Black from Dragon Ball Super versus the Reverse-Flash from DC Comics:

WsHwiX2iw-ssr7PCKfF-wU23UTblOPMKB6K9po9ptYSyt5bTXcwIrSqDYIh7BzoPHR7nNFFkfd0bcns4lQveo26Q0XEtPJaIBdqhMyp10tkzWsGmIljTsJHILhd9CXEqS6LRI2By=s0

Thumbnail by Grandbull

Connections:

The connections between them is that they are both time traveling villains from the future who are the dark/evil counterparts of their respective heroes. Both possess similar powers to their arch enemies but have an altered version of it (Negative Speed Force and Super Saiyan Rose). Both have taken on the appearance of their arch enemy (with Goku Black stealing Goku's body and in the Pre Crisis - Eobard took on the appearance of Barry Allen as well as his costume). Both characters gained their powers as a result of their interest in their hero - with Zamasu wanting to use Goku's body and Thawne being so obsessed with Barry he deplicated his powers.Both also killed the mother of a great hero (Trunks' mother Burma and Barry Allen's mother, Nora Allen) and killed the wife of their arch rival (Iris West and Chi-Chi in an alternate timeline). Both are also huge threats to the timeline due to their time travelling.

TLDR: Time Travel Villains from the future who are the dark/evil counterparts of their respective heroes.

Why do people want this matchup?:

This matchup has become a huge fan favourite from within the DEATH BATTLE community despite the winner being kinda obvious. This matchup has been extremely well liked due to its extremely solid connections, potential for great banter and the potential this fight can bring in terms of all the time stuff they could do - it could make for a seriously great fight if done right.

Why not Goku Black vs an Evil Superman?
The answer is quite simple - Goku Black and Reverse Flash have a much stronger connections compared to any Evil Superman vs Goku Black.

Bonus Songs:
https://youtu.be/AeCzq0ETZjg
https://youtu.be/CVR59spY3FA

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
What are the powers of Reverse Flash? Knowing DC's power levels, especially regarding Flash characters I have a feeling Goku *Bad Guy Edition* isn't going to stand a chance, but I really don't know either character well enough to make an informed guess.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
What are the powers of Reverse Flash? Knowing DC's power levels, especially regarding Flash characters I have a feeling Goku *Bad Guy Edition* isn't going to stand a chance, but I really don't know either character well enough to make an informed guess.
He basically posseses the Negative Speed Force that allows him to emulate the Powers of the Flash.

www.reddit.com

r/respectthreads - Respect Professor Zoom (DC Comics, Post Crisis)

83 votes and 8 comments so far on Reddit

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
This should just be a battle of who can be the pettiest paradoxical villain. I'm choosing Eobard because he is one of the most pettiest villains in DC.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Interesting match up here. Here's hoping Thawne takes this. Speed Force stuff ain't to be trifled with.

Why not Goku Black vs an Evil Superman?
The answer is quite simple - Goku Black and Reverse Flash have a much stronger connections compared to any Evil Superman vs Goku Black.

Also the fact, the Death Battle ain't going to do anymore Superman-specific vs DB episodes.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Interesting match up here. Here's hoping Thawne takes this. Speed Force stuff ain't to be trifled with.

Also the fact, the Death Battle ain't going to do anymore Superman-specific vs DB episodes.
I mean we are probalby going to get MMH vs Picollo in the future...but i am not sure if MMH counts as a Superman-specfic charcter

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I mean we are probalby going to get MMH vs Picollo in the future...but i am not sure if MMH counts as a Superman-specfic charcter

I personally think he's mostly generally a JL character, so this match up is fine.

To correct myself, they ain't exploring Kryptonian vs DB character match ups. I still can't forget the amount of blacklash that happened after both Goku vs Superman episodes were released. Can't blame the team for no longer going for those match ups.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
This'll be Dragon Ball's first lost in over six years, geez.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the salt. Especially since Goku Black is a well liked and recent character in his series.

May 26, 2018
Goku Black's entire universe had to be erased from existence by Zeno/God (in DC terms, I guess that's The Presence?) to kill him, with him inside it. Is there an equal measure required to kill Reverse Flash?

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
goku black had to die with the cheat code to insta destroy the universe of zen-oh, but i will say this to quantify power in dragon ball super is a lost fight

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if Merged Zamas will be included in the battle as a power up or if it's just going to be standard Goku Black.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Zoom if it's just Goku Black, if it's Fused Zamasu then it gets interesting but I'd still bet on any version of the Speed Force winning.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
If this was Merged Zamasu then maybe he'd have a chance.

But Goku Black is basically Goku at SSB level, no way he can take on a speedster.

Oct 25, 2017
Goku Black's entire universe had to be erased from existence by Zeno/God (in DC terms, I guess that's The Presence?) to kill him, with him inside it. Is there an equal measure required to kill Reverse Flash?
Future Zamasu is the immortal one. Goku Black is mortal because he liked fighting too much, and thought it be boring to do the same. The fact he's mortal while Zamasu body wasn't is why their fusion started to collapse.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I love Reverse Flash but he's still a filthy mortal. Goku Black takes this

Well I wouldn't exactly shrug off Thawne just yet.

dc.fandom.com

Negative Speed Force

It is an extra-dimensional field of negative energy that eats away at the regular Speed Force like a cancer and can consume any speedster connected to it by touch. Like Barry Allen with the Speed Force, Thawne himself is also the generator of the Negative Speed Force The Negative Speed Force was...

www.reddit.com

r/respectthreads - Respect the Reverse Flash! (DC Comics, Rebirth)

94 votes and 3 comments so far on Reddit

And I take it he can scale to Barry pretty well, and that character is just busted with his Speed Force.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DC always finds a way to be busted, but considering how Goku Black/Zamasu is actually defeated, I'm not sure on this one.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Well I wouldn't exactly shrug off Thawne just yet.

dc.fandom.com

Negative Speed Force

It is an extra-dimensional field of negative energy that eats away at the regular Speed Force like a cancer and can consume any speedster connected to it by touch. Like Barry Allen with the Speed Force, Thawne himself is also the generator of the Negative Speed Force The Negative Speed Force was...

www.reddit.com

r/respectthreads - Respect the Reverse Flash! (DC Comics, Rebirth)

94 votes and 3 comments so far on Reddit

And I take it he can scale to Barry pretty well, and that character is just busted with his Speed Force.
Oh yea. Really unless merged Zamasu is introduced then Reverse Flash all the way.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
How can RF even win? Goku Black can destroy a planet with a mere finger. One hit and RF would explode.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
How can RF even win? Goku Black can destroy a planet with a mere finger. One hit and RF would explode.
In the one second it takes for said finger to move, Reverse Flash could run laps around the universe.

Hell one of the key things speed force users are known for is vibrating their atoms so fast they can just phase through any attack.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
What if he has no finger?
How can RF even cut them? Goku Black's body resisted attacks from Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta, who is thousands upon thousands of times stronger than 1st Form Freeza who destroyed a planet like it was nothing.

RF was even hurt by Batman. A simple human.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Reverse Flash wins this easy.

Speedsters with time travel abilities are inherently OP as fuck. Plus RF is a living paradox

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I'm willing to bet Speed Force shenanigans will give this one to Reverse Flash.

Not saying I think RF is stronger, but that kind of "well ackshully" is pretty much Wiz and Boomstick's M.O.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Honestly I get the connections mentioned for both RF and GB, but I can't help but still have the giggles since it's a Flash character against a DB character and some would think on a surface level the latter wins easily. Next thing you know, just how busted the Speed Force and it's equivalents can be.

I'm already preemptively laughing at the reactions that will surface come the episode's release.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly I get the connections mentioned for both RF and GB, but I can't help but still have the giggles since it's a Flash character against a DB character and some would think on a surface level the former wins easily. Next thing you know, just how busted the Speed Force and it's equivalents can be.

I'm already preemptively laughing at the reactions that will surface come the episode's release.
Yeeep, Speed Force is broken..man thinking about this makes me think about when DB does Kyle Rayner vs Simon the Digger...the cosmic stuff in that is going to be nuuuuttts

1575922_dick-k-do_kyle-rayner-vs-simon-the-digger.png

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not sure how a dragon ball character wins against speed force bullshit. lotta dbheads gonna be disappointed again

Annihilo

Sep 14, 2019
Speed force is op and everything I've read suggests negative speed force is more op stuff thrown on top because evil

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How can RF even cut them? Goku Black's body resisted attacks from Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta, who is thousands upon thousands of times stronger than 1st Form Freeza who destroyed a planet like it was nothing.

RF was even hurt by Batman. A simple human.

Goku Black is also an extremely stupid idiot.