Sumac

alt account
Banned
Mar 24, 2023
So I just watched this again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-MRZBP91I

And this was probably the first time they showed the game after locking down the mechanics and design. You can see all the revealed abilities being shown off here: skydiving, the masterhand putting the construct back together, the shield fused with the dragon flamethrower, rewind being used on a spike ball to take out enemies, and the ascend ability.

If there are more abilities they haven't revealed, it seems they haven't been obviously teased, or just not noticed yet?

ultrahand isn't teased at all in that trailer, the construct is just moving and not put back together

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
It just feels like people are making up concerns in their heads about what kind of problems the game might have and then acting like it will 100% have those issues,

I just can't take them seriously.
You are choosing to read it that way. You see, you react. You're taking it more personally because you like the thing being criticized.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
it's so freeing to enjoy all zelda games. I loved Skyward Sword and they followed it up with an absolute banger in BotW. even got that ALBW treat in between. I simply can't lose

This so much lol. <3
The Zelda devs have been giving us amazing experiences for the past 35+ years. Let them cook, I say. Everything they craft is absolutely worth the price of admission and I'm glad they got to take as much time as they needed for this one.

Truno

Jan 16, 2020
it's so freeing to enjoy all zelda games. I loved Skyward Sword and they followed it up with an absolute banger in BotW. even got that ALBW treat in between. I simply can't lose

25bd8b7f6e57cdfd17747b25d753b2ce.jpg

LumberPanda

Banned
Feb 3, 2019
But I do care, because I like Zelda, and this is presumably the ONLY Zelda we're getting for the rest of the decade. So having it be something I actually will enjoy is kind of important.
It happen all the time, it's okay. From Soft has seemingly decided they don't want to make games like DeS, DS1-3, or BB and given modern AAA dev times I doubt we're going to see a game like that inbetween ER DLC and the inevitable ER2. Oh well, studio's gonna make what they wanna make.

Anyways, given Mercury Steam went from Metroid 2 Remake -> Metroid 5, I don't see Grezzo being off the table for a new top-down Zelda after Link's Awakening.

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope there's some kind of rougelike challenge mode in this eventually

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do agree that the next 3D Zelda game will probably take even longer than TOTK. Assuming it's an open world and since it's a new platform they will have to author new assets on top of making it similar in scope to BOTW and TOTK.

So I don't think 2030 for the next 3D Zelda after TOTK is too far of a stretch.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
When I voice my negative opinion on a game, I always try to lean towards, "I see where they were going, but it's just not something I want out of x".

When I come into this thread, the "haters" come of a few flavors:
1. People like the above/people who want old zelda.
2. People who posit that durability is still in, pass. Ignoring literal repair mechanics that are dynamic and instant.
3. People who need to use hyperbole to claim that the game is exactly the same. Or a mod.

Groups 2 and 3 don't really deserve respectful engagement imo.

For the old zelda heads, I don't think there's many BotW fans that don't want better dungeons. It is far and away the most resonant complaint of BotW. It showed up frequently in reviews where durability didn't. I would be shocked if the dev team did nothing about this. THAT SAID, I would not expect the old loop of explore dungeon without item -> acquire item -> backtrack with item. And quite frankly, I've never found that loop to be done well in the 3D games outside of a handful of standouts. Many of the shrines had better standalone puzzles than previous dungeons. They just need to be better about stringing them together with some connective tissue and strong thematics.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Both of OOTs Fire and Water temple were solved in different patterns. There wasn't just one linear solution to each. Trying to put all of past Zelda dungeons in such a box is not really accurate. They have been playing with nonlinerality since Day1.

Having dungeons like that back, with yes, Unique Items that can be used in the overworld would be amazing. We can have several Souls-style Hyrule Castles too. It doesn't need to be a black or white solution.

The main problem with BOTW is the sameyness of the entire journey. Enemies are the same everywhere, just reskinned. Shrines are like teleporting into a Portal chamber every time. You never get a new item since you have every power at the jump - for the most part. You never feel a sense of progression. You don't get anything to level up outside of stamina and hearts and inventory, again with few exceptions.

Nothing shown so far has showed me they have improved upon that. In fact they are doubling down as far as I can see. And the further we go into Fortnite/Minecraft/Nuts and Bolts territory the less it becomes Zelda. The series needs a sense of progress and variety to return.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
This game took six years to make. Whatever they do next will probably take just as long, and there's no guarantee the pendulum is gonna swing back in the other direction. One Zelda per generation means you have to wait a LONG TIME for the next.
Didn't Links Awakening Remake come out in 2019? I know it's a remake but it wasn't a simple conversion. I see no reason to believe we won't get another Zelda before the next Open Air Zelda. I imagine they want to have the same philosophy as they do with Metroid at this point. 2D and 3D. I'm sure Zelda will get it's traditional and open world games both, or we can all be wrong and they meld them together appropriately. We got Skyward Sword of all games remastered. Traditional Zelda isn't gone.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
When I voice my negative opinion on a game, I always try to lean towards, "I see where they were going, but it's just not something I want out of x".

2. People who posit that durability is still in, pass. Ignoring literal repair mechanics that are dynamic and instant.
3. People who need to use hyperbole to claim that the game is exactly the same. Or a mod.

For the old zelda heads, I don't think there's many BotW fans that don't want better dungeons. It is far and away the most resonant complaint of BotW. It showed up frequently in reviews where durability didn't. I would be shocked if the dev team did nothing about this. THAT SAID, I would not expect the old loop of explore dungeon without item -> acquire item -> backtrack with item. And quite frankly, I've never found that loop to be done well in the 3D games outside of a handful of standouts. Many of the shrines had better standalone puzzles than previous dungeons. They just need to be better about stringing them together with some connective tissue and strong thematics.

100% in agreement with this post. I think BOTW is one of the finest games ever made and quite easily my favorite Zelda, and felt the theming of the interiors of the Divine Beasts and the bosses were really just serviceable at best. Reminded me of the "copy and paste" feel of the interior of dungeons in the original LoZ/AoL/LTTP, and I even had issues with them on those games (but am more forgiving of the earlier two due to space constraints).

I would hate for theoretical TotK dungeons to go back to the linear puzzle solving of the 3D games as they weren't really my cup of tea outside of a handful of them-- like you said. I'd rather construct my own out-of-the-box solutions from experimentation rather than pushing/pulling blocks or shooting very clearly defined eye-switches.

jhombus

Jul 23, 2020
Haven't seen anyone mention this thing from the end of the first trailer in a while — it's already flying and he just lands in the middle of it it, and doesn't seem like something constructed with ultrahand. Wonder how it fits in– maybe summonable like a horse while skydiving?

link-glider-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Both of OOTs Fire and Water temple were solved in different patterns. There wasn't just one linear solution to each. Trying to put all of past Zelda dungeons in such a box is not really accurate. They have been playing with nonlinerality since Day1.

Having dungeons like that back, with yes, Unique Items that can be used in the overworld would be amazing. We can have several Souls-style Hyrule Castles too. It doesn't need to be a black or white solution.

The main problem with BOTW is the sameyness of the entire journey. Enemies are the same everywhere, just reskinned. Shrines are like teleporting into a Portal chamber every time. You never get a new item since you have every power at the jump - for the most part. You never feel a sense of progression. You don't get anything to level up outside of stamina and hearts and inventory, again with few exceptions.

Nothing shown so far has showed me they have improved upon that. In fact they are doubling down as far as I can see. And the further we go into Fortnite/Minecraft/Nuts and Bolts territory the less it becomes Zelda. The series needs a sense of progress and variety to return.

This is the perfect way to explanation of what some of us old heads want.

BoTW was solid, but there was no sense of progression, and meaningful dungeons were missed. I don't want ALTTP or OOT again, but I'd love to see an evolution of what they did and make it fresh.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017

Not to mention that all the shrines followed the exact same visual motif.

If Shrines are back in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, my hope is that there's some more variety with Shrine's aesthetics.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I disagree with some of your observations, speculation and conclusions drawn. Don't think we can rule out Zelda having a companion role similar to ST and the sages in WW at least in some sections. Nor can we rule out time/alternate dimensions playing a role in some capacity as there is artwork that could support it. There is one image that definitely lends credence to potential underwater exploration.
We definitely see Link walking around a building with a large body of water above him.

Also time is definitely suggested to play apart with detailed growing cycles of large trees/mushrooms. We see a much younger Purah. There are building structures in game that are back to their original form. There is artwork of characters wearing clothing similar to ancient Mayans, ancient Greeks and ancient ninjas. Not to mention detailed artwork of Rauru and presumably Hylia. Perhaps there will be a new mechanic that will function similar to the memories, timeshift stones in SS and Hyrule Castle in WW that allow us to travel into the past and explore a limited area which has story/plot relevant details in it.

Zelda is seen wandering around various parts of the underground with Link. We've also seen Link with a different Sheikah slate model than the one Zelda possesses. The underground could feature gameplay similar to ST and the sages in WW Dungeons with Zelda while she communicates to Link above ground via the Sheikah slate similar to Navi, KoRL, Midna & Fi. There are also some outfits where the head and lower body is cut out so we can't see who is wearing it.

There also seems to be some sort of emphasis on musical instruments with some characters. They could possess different powers or be used to unlock different gateways. Whether it is an end dungeon reward or a requirement to enter a dungeon is unbeknownst. The updated Sheikah slate could get updated with more powers/items as we go through dungeons since the Zonai powers appear to replace the Sheikah Slate.

Can you point me to the image of Link walking below water? Only water looking one I know of is just a shot of a Zonai looking Shrine area with a glass like ceiling with water inside or above it on Pg 56. It's just a shot of the ceiling and nothing else.

That's not young Purah. Different character altogether, totally different face, eye shape, and hair & eye color(grey vs white and brown vs red), just wearing the same kind of eyeglasses but missing all other hallmarks of Purah that were present in her BotW Child appearance and now Adult form seen elsewhere in the artbook. Most likely one of the Sheikah kids grown up a few years.

The Sheikah slate is the exact same one modeled after the Switch in all the artwork we've seen, both public and leak. The spool of wire being wearable doesn't really make sense for communication, why would Link need to wear and carry the wire with him to talk with Zelda? Maybe she plays a role, but there's no real evidence of it, just hope.

Plant growth on 119 doesn't require time travel, it's just a mechanic to have plants we could chop down regrow over time as we play. That or simply to have more variety of plant life in the game showing the same plant type in various states of growth. One example on 106 is just a full grown plant rolled up and in bloom. Probably reacts to light/time of day or some other stimuli that causes them to roll up or fully bloom.

Again the building structures are not back to their original form. The Forgotten Temple is fundamentally different, there's a huge gap in the Artbook leak at the bottom that leads to the doorway, that section in BotW is fully bricked up and continuous across the whole structure behind the Goddess Statue. It doesn't make sense that they would rebuild one section to seamlessly and flawlessly match the rest of the structure and then just take a sledgehammer to the ledge above to make room for the Goddess Statue's head. Same for the Great Plateau Northern Wall, it's completely different wall from what was there in BotW, not simply fully repaired or anything. Totally different architecture and structure and no other sections of the wall scene elsewhere in the trailers look to have changed. It's not a cut and dry thing that just time travel can explain to me. Maybe but this is the best evidence we have an it's spotty at best. Not worth seriously considering to me.

Ancient Greek/Aztec/Mayans are most likely Zonai. Might be present day might be a flashback. They have elongated ears compared to Hylians/Sheikah. The Ninja outfit is just a Sheikah guy, normal ears, and doesn't look ancient, it's the exact same out as Link's Sheikah set in BotW.

All the images without a head is still of Link. It's his outfit and his new arm in it. Pg 85 is the Hylian Tunic, 161 is the Rubber Outfit, 166 is the Tunic of the Wild, 193 is the Flamebreaker armor, 202 is Barbarian armor. All from BotW.

Time travel may be in the game in some form, either via memories or direct gameplay mechanic like timeshift stones, but outside of the Forgotten Temple/Great Plateau discrepancies there's really no good evidence of it.

I'm hopeful for the musical items. But they may just be associated to that one circus conductor looking character and not something we can interact with.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

Do we need to new items though? That format never really clicked for me before because most of the items didn't have a lot of utility outside of the dungeons besides 1-2 very specific puzzles and didn't do a lot to change your combat approach. Yes, staples like the bow and arrow did and every game has something like the Deku Leaf from Wind Waker that was implemented in a way that shook up progression, but those are few and far between.

You being up the Fire Temple. Did you actually use the Megaton Hammer for combat outside of the Fire Temple? I know I didn't and once the temple was over, it didn't really do a lot to aid in my quest.

Do I want dungeons that are bigger puzzle boxes with some reward? Sure. Do I want them to do it the way they've been doing it pre-BOTW? Not really. I can see what they were trying to do with BOTW's dungeons. It didn't land completely. But I'm not sure I need new items that won't have much utility outside of the dungeon itself to feel a sense of progression.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

If Shrines are back in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, my hope is that there's some more variety with Shrine's aesthetics.

Like seriously, at least vary up the tileset based on the area the shrine is found in. Give the shrines near Death Mountain a red visual theme and tons of lava!

Do we need to new items though? That format never really clicked for me before because most of the items didn't have a lot of utility outside of the dungeons besides 1-2 very specific puzzles and didn't do a lot to change your combat approach. Yes, staples like the bow and arrow did and every game has something like the Deku Leaf from Wind Waker that was implemented in a way that shook up progression, but those are few and far between.

You being up the Fire Temple. Did you actually use the Megaton Hammer for combat outside of the Fire Temple? I know I didn't and once the temple was over, it didn't really do a lot to aid in my quest.

Do I want dungeons that are bigger puzzle boxes with some reward? Sure. Do I want them to do it the way they've been doing it pre-BOTW? Not really. I can see what they were trying to do with BOTW's dungeons. It didn't land completely. But I'm not sure I need new items that won't have much utility outside of the dungeon itself to feel a sense of progression.

I used the Megaton Hammer as a melee weapon plenty before getting the Biggoron Sword.

Sumac

alt account
Banned
Mar 24, 2023
It's not just moving. You see the energy beam attaching the top part to the body before it forms up. It's the same beam you see when Ultrahand is used to manipulate objects.

that isn't from ultrahand, the constructs have the green energy beam flowing through their elongated "neck" naturally as seen here
FsXliTLaEAIqVgm

if you pause at that part of the trailer you see the same thing.. if you don't care about spoilers you can also see it exactly in the leaked art book

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought progression worked perfectly fine in BOTW. You beat the Divine Beasts in order to get a leg-up on Ganon, you have the Master Sword as a background incentive to work for, and everything feels like it contributes to the final confrontation. The abilities you get from Divine Beasts are neat too, even though only two of them are really any fun to use.

"Progression" by old Zelda games by that same standard were usually one-and-done contextual dungeon items and heart pieces regardless.

Shrines having the exact same visual motif was a problem I had with BOTW, but I mostly understood why it was a present problem and I can't entirely fault the developers for it ending up that way. Something had to give when it came to all the resources, it was an economic way to design a lot of puzzles alongside the systems they were building. The assumption or even hope is that they realize this was a point of improvement going into the next game.

Haven't seen anyone mention this thing from the end of the first trailer in a while — it's already flying and he just lands in the middle of it it, and doesn't seem like something constructed with ultrahand. Wonder how it fits in– maybe summonable like a horse while skydiving?

link-glider-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

I imagine it's an upgrade you'll get later in the game. Someone pointed out that it has some kind of scripture that might be related to those four pins that are in the CE, one of which corresponds to the Recall ability.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I'm kind of hoping they go the portal 2 route and we see a lot of fully and half ruined shrines, maybe even some old ones that got torn up and have altered puzzles.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Like seriously, at least vary up the tileset based on the area the shrine is found in. Give the shrines near Death Mountain a red visual theme and tons of lava!

I used the Megaton Hammer as a melee weapon plenty before getting the Biggoron Sword.
I didn't use it once after finishing the dungeon, the same way that I never used most other dungeons items after finishing them. If you did, great, but that has not been my experience at all with most new items within the series.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't use it once after finishing the dungeon, the same way that I never used most other dungeons items after finishing them. If you did, great, but that has not been my experience at all with most new items within the series.

I'm the insane person who glitched the fuck out of Link's Awakening so they could do a Fire Rod Only run. The tools SIGNIFICANTLY increase my enjoyment of Zelda games, honestly. It's a huge part of why I like Zelda in the first place, building a stupid Bat Utility Belt of bullshit and finding insane fringe uses for it, like the Flying Rooster+Boomerang Death Tornado combo in Link's Awakening.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Can you point me to the image of Link walking below water? Only water looking one I know of is just a shot of a Zonai looking Shrine area with a glass like ceiling with water inside or above it on Pg 56. It's just a shot of the ceiling and nothing else.

That's not young Purah. Different character altogether, totally different face, eye shape, and hair & eye color(grey vs white and brown vs red), just wearing the same kind of eyeglasses but missing all other hallmarks of Purah that were present in her BotW Child appearance and now Adult form seen elsewhere in the artbook. Most likely one of the Sheikah kids grown up a few years.

The Sheikah slate is the exact same one modeled after the Switch in all the artwork we've seen, both public and leak. The spool of wire being wearable doesn't really make sense for communication, why would Link need to wear and carry the wire with him to talk with Zelda? Maybe she plays a role, but there's no real evidence of it, just hope.

Plant growth on 119 doesn't require time travel, it's just a mechanic to have plants we could chop down regrow over time as we play. That or simply to have more variety of plant life in the game showing the same plant type in various states of growth. One example on 106 is just a full grown plant rolled up and in bloom. Probably reacts to light/time of day or some other stimuli that causes them to roll up or fully bloom.

Again the building structures are not back to their original form. The Forgotten Temple is fundamentally different, there's a huge gap in the Artbook leak at the bottom that leads to the doorway, that section in BotW is fully bricked up and continuous across the whole structure behind the Goddess Statue. It doesn't make sense that they would rebuild one section to seamlessly and flawlessly match the rest of the structure and then just take a sledgehammer to the ledge above to make room for the Goddess Statue's head. Same for the Great Plateau Northern Wall, it's completely different wall from what was there in BotW, not simply fully repaired or anything. Totally different architecture and structure and no other sections of the wall scene elsewhere in the trailers look to have changed. It's not a cut and dry thing that just time travel can explain to me. Maybe but this is the best evidence we have an it's spotty at best. Not worth seriously considering to me.

Ancient Greek/Aztec/Mayans are most likely Zonai. Might be present day might be a flashback. They have elongated ears compared to Hylians/Sheikah. The Ninja outfit is just a Sheikah guy, normal ears, and doesn't look ancient, it's the exact same out as Link's Sheikah set in BotW.

All the images without a head is still of Link. It's his outfit and his new arm in it. Pg 85 is the Hylian Tunic, 161 is the Rubber Outfit, 166 is the Tunic of the Wild, 193 is the Flamebreaker armor, 202 is Barbarian armor. All from BotW.

Time travel may be in the game in some form, either via memories or direct gameplay mechanic like timeshift stones, but outside of the Forgotten Temple/Great Plateau discrepancies there's really no good evidence of it.

I'm hopeful for the musical items. But they may just be associated to that one circus conductor looking character and not something we can interact with.
Hard to discern one way or the other we see other characters from BotW who haven't aged much.

There is also an image of a significantly younger King Dorephin.

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question.

How can anyone tell how this game will turn out (good or bad) after watching a 10-minute video?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Yep! This is what has been bothering me this whole thread. Like we definitely had some people being way too over the top earlier on but then people did that thing where they used that fact to directly mock and shame people for... not being into this video game trailer as much as them? All disappointment is now trolling and if you question why you get the vague implications of something major still to be revealed that I was trying to question people on last night.

But the whole sentiment falls apart for me because it seems based on this notion that "when the game comes out everyone will love it, just like what happened with BotW! Towns lmao!" but like... plenty of people didn't like Breath of the Wild? Plenty of people in this thread are specifically disappointed because what they've shown is doubling down on what they didn't like from Breath of the Wild.

The mocking is not only childish, it's actively ignorant. lol

And, again, this is coming from someone who is pretty sure they are going to like this game well enough. I didn't even hate BotW.
I mean there is 100% trolling going on in this thread.

Just because you actively ignore these posts because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean it isn't happening. Yes, there are some people that are truly disappointed and have articulated it but that hasn't been the case for all the concerned fans. I myself don't want to build things at all am going to keep waiting to see what else they show since they keep teasing that there are many ways to approach these obstacles.

You're in here asking people what they except just because they are waiting and seeing what the game has in store. How the fuck should they know what twists are in the game? Did anyone predict the Fuse mechanic? No? Shit like that is insanely creative and interesting but out of left field. Nintendo is a creative developer that has yet to strongly disappoint a good amount of fans when it comes to Zelda. So asking people why they expect the game to be better because they refuse to believe that 10 minutes is enough to show 6 years of work just seems insincere to me.

Asking people why they don't think Nintendo has showed their hand when it comes to this game is silly. BoTW marketing was almost as secretive as this and the game had a lot of surprises.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I'm baffled as to why people are calling combining things together as crafting. Crafting would be building the materials, poring over the materials to see what small pieces fit into what slot, and then building it again piece by piece.

This isn't Minecraft or Terraria where you need to make sure you have stones, wood, rope, and the correct amount of each to building a javelin. You find a rock and stick? Great. Combine them. One of each. Want a bigger stick? That plus more then.

It's not crafting, but I understand/sympathize with the basis of that tweet. He just doesn't want time-wasting busywork in the game. Get straight to the point, no time wasting spending hours trying to fuse shit and whatnot. Or scrolling through endless, complicated looking menus. I get it because I have lost patience for things like this as well.

That being said, the Fuse thing looks to be instantaneous. One question is if you are going to be assed to go out of your way to find certain things to fuse to proceed or if it'll just make things 10x easier. I'm not getting any indication that this will be the case so far- it seems you can find stuff on the path, press the button, and you're good. Might be different with items in your inventory though.

So we'll see.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Big hammers in prior Zelda games for me were always "oh right I need to push that rusty obstacle down" or something. Then right back to the pause menu to swap it out.

Dec 21, 2020
But I do care, because I like Zelda, and this is presumably the ONLY Zelda we're getting for the rest of the decade. So having it be something I actually will enjoy is kind of important.
you having something you actually enjoy is going to be hard considering to dislike pretty much everything and make it hard for others to find an iota is enjoyment with the consistent complaining.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I was a bit crestfallen right after the presentation, but I've grown to be more excited once it's all had a chance to sit. I just hope there's something resembling more traditional dungeons, that's really all. The Guardian portions of BotW should have been high points, but were some of the weakest imo

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio

This is a great post. As someone who likes both the old and new Zelda design styles, I am still very open about the criticisms I have with both designs.

But to your point, the people in category 2 and 3 who are making assumptions about gameplay after watching a narrow 10 minute gameplay demonstration, probably need to wait for more information to be revealed.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
I mean there is 100% trolling going on in this thread.

Just because you actively ignore these posts because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean it isn't happening. Yes, there are some people that are truly disappointed and have articulated it but that hasn't been the case for all the concerned fans. I myself don't want to build things at all am going to keep waiting to see what else they show since they keep teasing that there are many ways to approach these obstacles.

You're in here asking people what they except just because they are waiting and seeing what the game has in store. How the fuck should they know what twists are in the game? Did anyone predict the Fuse mechanic? No? Shit like that is insanely creative and interesting but out of left field. Nintendo is a creative developer that has yet to strongly disappoint a good amount of fans when it comes to Zelda. So asking people why they expect the game to be better because they refuse to believe that 10 minutes is enough to show 6 years of work just seems insincere to me.

Asking people why they don't think Nintendo has showed their hand when it comes to this game is silly. BoTW marketing was almost as secretive as this and the game had a lot of surprises.
In the 3DS / Wii U eShop closure thread someone asked if Smash 4 and Ultimate were the same game. There was no assumption of trolling. We just answered no and moved on.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017

this 100%

heck, even zelda II is a banger. the legend just don't miss*!

*gamelonian wands and evil faces not applicable

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also wonder if we can also fuse together ingredients instead of having to actually cook them to create a meal. You might call it fusion kitchen.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Some people in this thread are obviously trolling and have been dealt with. If you have any other issues with posters, feel free to report them.

At the same time, not every complaint is a troll though, and legitimate criticism is obviously allowed. Please stop the meta-commentary.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Question: why do people feel this desire to shit on folks who aren't as hyped as them? This idea that anyone who isn't super hyped is irrational or hysterical or deserves to be shamed later on really bugs me. People are allowed to have different opinions on things, and they shouldn't be insulted for that.

Calling it BoTW DLC is different than being legitimately disappointed and writing out a well thought out post as to why.

Everyone should be able to say how they feel about the game good or bad. But there are posts in here that don't have a lick of thought behind them. At the same time people shouldn't be targeting posts with fair criticisms that aren't as hyped as them.