Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
91234c6e6052c77af4294c6f3cddacde.gif

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
um are they changing anything about the game except the controls? no?

Last edited:

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Eh straight up remaster in the age of remakes is kinda meh. It will probably be full price as well.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
So glad they kept the motion controls.

Now to toss my Wii copy of Skyward Sword up on eBay. Did the same when Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD were announced respectively.

Mercury_Sagit

Aug 4, 2020
Is this the first time a 3D Zelda title playable in 60fps? Quite surprising to me since both TP and WW remasters are in 30fps I think.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ok, that basically 1000% confirms future HD ports of Wind Waker and TP, right? Right?

I mean, they surely didn't create high quality remaster for the Wii U and now release a third one of the last missing game for the Switch while the other 2 stay on the old platform. That would be dumb.

But also... Kinda Nintendo...ish.

But no, that would be too weird.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
I'd be all over those joycons if they werent going to inevitably drift. I can't believe they're still releasing new variants even though the technology is irreparably defective

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
This game has aged pretty bad, the graphics looked rough in the presentation.

Button controls are a welcome edition but probably gonna skip this since it's my 2nd least favourite 3D Zelda game after BOTW.

Jan 7, 2018
nice, nice, nice
loved this game when I played it almost 10 years ago (wow, it's been a while). I wonder if I'll still love it now.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
It looked pretty god damn awful in the trailer. And of course leave it to Nintendo to go for the full price rerelease. Having non-motion controls is great though

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Will the first 50% of the game still be tutorial after tutorial? The owl never shut up, it was an owl right or was it something else?

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
this is such a bummer, this is the last zelda I wanted to replay. get ready to get a message every time you pick up literally any collectible, useless padding, and fetch quests.

just give us wind waker HD and TP HD you cowards

or port OoT from the 3DS lol

skyward sword had a good story and soundtrack, but the game is not good IMO.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
the biggest improvement they can make is limiting the calibration comments, the fi interruptions, and the heart meter beeping. that's really all that bothered me enough to stop from ever playing it again. tww hd sped up ocean travel and you could toggle bowser jr hints in bowser's fury so maybe they'll make those considerations here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping for TWW+TP collection, but I also wasn't expecting this at all. Figured they weren't going to even try to remap the controls given how closely tied it was too the Wiimote. I hope they put out a demo lol

It'd be nice to revisit this though. I only played it the one time, and liked it, but it has stuck in my memory the least of any 3D Zelda, so I'd like to give it another go.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Those joycons look clean as hell though.

And yay for dual analog; Dolphin control scheme vindicated.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Second best Zelda game, cant wait to replay this masterpiece again. Non motion controls are great to have as well.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, that basically 1000% confirms future HD ports of Wind Waker and TP, right? Right?

I mean, they surely didn't create high quality remaster for the Wii U and now release a third one of the last missing game for the Switch while the other 2 stay on the old platform. That would be dumb.

But also... Kinda Nintendo...ish.

But no, that would be too weird.
I kinda hope that TWWHD stays exiled on Wii U for the rest of time. Still can't get over how badly they fucked up the visuals (the only good part of the original GCN version) with TWWHD.

Status
Not open for further replies.