Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Zelda has had a presence with The Game Awards before, with the gameplay footage of BOTW (than Zelda Wii U) at TGA 2014, and then again at TGA 2016.

Last year I was expecting to see it but unfortunately, it did not happen, will we finally be seeing BOTW2 next week? What do you think?

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think so. It doesn't seem like the venue Nintendo would show it for the first time after last year's E3. If it had been shown again this year, maybe, but as of now, with just the reveal, I don't expect it.

Maybe we'll see Bayonetta 3.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Idk, maybe a tease. I'm not really expecting it.

What I secretly hope for is a trailer to drop like the one at the switch presentation, then to end with a release date like April 2021 or something, lol

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Nah

Nintendo's been so fucking tightlipped this year, they aint bringing any bombshells to TGA

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I don't think so. It doesn't seem like the venue Nintendo would show it for the first time after last year's E3. If it had been shown again this year, maybe, but as of now, with just the reveal, I don't expect it.

To be fair they seem to be playing things much closer to their chest this year due to COVID. There's probably stuff they would have shown at an E3 direct this year that they dropped because it's too far out.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
If it's not getting showed i'm assuming that's because they are planning a direct in january. Maybe i would see more Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime trilogy at the Game Awards and leave Zelda for another time. It will probably be the first real trailer we see next, and i doubt they will show that on an event that isn't theirs. It would make sense but Nintendo never really showed something that big at the game awards.

Dec 11, 2017
Zelda has had a presence with The Game Awards before, with the gameplay footage of BOTW (than Zelda Wii U) at TGA 2014, and then again at TGA 2016.

Last year I was expecting to see it but unfortunately, it did not happen, will we finally be seeing BOTW2 next week? What do you think?

I would be sooo happy with a trailer for the sequel to Breath of the Wild as well as a trailer for Bayonetta3!

Mariner

Oct 25, 2017
After the "insiders" predictions over the past couple of years... its not worth watching the show to find out. In the rare chance that something actually happens the trailer will be on YouTube almost immediately.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
BotW2 will have its re-reveal alongside a switch pro, and be a marquee game for it - touting whatever sort of enhancements the pro is capable of. So we will see it when Nintendo decides to unveil the pro.

That in mind I would be surprised if anything came before the holidays as that might risk gutting their prime season for selling switch and switch lite.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
To be fair they seem to be playing things much closer to their chest this year due to COVID. There's probably stuff they would have shown at an E3 direct this year that they dropped because it's too far out.
Exactly. I thought before that the game would release in the Spring but now I'm leaning towards Fall. I think Nintendo can hold the game's next showing for their own event, and I believe that's more likely.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
I'm not holding my breath for this to happen but, it would certainly be wild if it did.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017

It did happen with the original BotW. We got that teaser at E3 2014, then the first early gameplay look was at the following TGA. They seem to like having Zelda there when it's possible; Meelow even missed The Champions' Ballad reveal/shadow drop (TGA 2017).

I wouldn't be shocked to see it, especially if it releases by summer, but I'm not counting on that right now.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
New footage will be saved for a Zelda specific Nintendo Direct. 2021 is the 35th anniversary of Zelda. They will conclude that broadcast with information.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Hope not. Game Awards are at fuck Europe o'clock again this year right? If we're seeing Zelda I want it to be at something I can watch live.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I certainly hope so, December 10th we'll be 1 year and a half away from the BotW 2 reveal, I'm not looking for patterns but that's a decently large gap between announcements (of course then Bayonetta has been MIA for 3 full years so what do I know...)

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I think they'll drop a new trailer. I think it's likely gonna launch next year too.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BotW was there in some form at TGA 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. They definitely like TGA for Zelda news. It's possible.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
I think the next time we see zelda will be with the new switch and I don't think the VGAs are the time for that. I think we'll see bayonetta 3 and if we're lucky prime trilogy HD.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe. Nintendo's dropped some big announcements at TGA before. But I think it's more likely they'll do the next big info drop on BOTW2 in a Direct.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It depends on the date of the next Nintendo Direct. If ot airs in January, then we won't see a BOTW2 trailer at TGA. Otherwise, I think there is a possibility - after all, TGA is a very big event, the best one for launching a new trailer of your most awaited 2021 game.