hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/last-us-series-works-at-hbo-chernobyl-creator-1282707

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and in association with PlayStation Productions and it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.

Mazin, who is said to be an avid player of the game, stated, "Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and The Last of Us is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I'm so honored to do it in partnership with Neil."

"From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of The Last of Us," said Druckmann in a statement. "With Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn't think of better partners to bring the story of The Last of Us to life as a television show."

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘The Last of Us’ Series in the Works at HBO From ‘Chernobyl’ Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series 'Chernobyl,' is reteaming with HBO to adapt 'The Last of Us,' the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.
The Hollywood Reporter said:
Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
source.gif

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Yooo this is exactly what I wanted. Man is Sony miraculously pulls off the Uncharted movie and this series is a success, ND is gonna be on top of the world.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
GODDAMN!!!!

Hopefully Craig Mazin nails it, he's a great pick for a TLoU series.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
eh. last of us is fantastic , chernobyl is fantastic . I just dont see reason for tlou tv series

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Someone at Sony woke up like "You want news? well there it is, bastards"

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait to watch it.

By the way, I live in the alternate universe where the Halo, Gears of War, and Uncharted movies all happened.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
DRUCKMANN'S INVOLVED. He hated the movie it seemed like, so the fact that they brought him in for this makes me very excited.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Game adaptations will always get a wait and see approach from me, at least the names involved know what they're doing.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This is a megaton.
I always felt TLOU makes a lot of sense as a TV series over a movie and Neil writing it means i am hella IN