chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
UPDATE: Confirmed.

---------------------------------
Noticed this pop up on the EU PlayStation Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1590-CUSA13379_00-000VANEPRESALEEU

bildschirmfoto2018-127ufjm.png

Vane was first announced in 2014, had a big showing at PSX in 2016 and 2017, went dark this year and is now finally coming out next month. Here's the PSX 2017 panel:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That's exactly the type of game that needed to be highlighted at PSX, so I guess this could be shown during the Kinda Funny Showcase.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, YES!

Been waiting for this for I don't remember how long.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't recall if I ever heard about this one before, but that gameplay video looks pretty good. I'm interested.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I love the very distinct (and yes, fiddly) style that Fumito Ueda aims for with his games, and so I'm worried of there being a little bit of that character lost in interpretation... But I'm cautiously optimistic about this one regardless. I need more of this type of game in my life

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I love these type of just traversing the enviroment type games,makes a change from all the shooting and punching.The last Death Standing trailer got me hyped for the same reason.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks pretty cool. Will keep an eye on it.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! I had completely forgotten about this game (this is like the video game equivalent of finding 20 bucks in your jacket pocket). Another game to add to the 2019 list.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Is this coming to PC too? I remember it was originally confirmed for Windows a very humble indie game first.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
I had noticed their twitter account being more active lately, so I expected some news or launch announcement soon. Hope it's good!

OP
OP
chadskin

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Release date was just confirmed at the Kinda Funny Games Showcase. Seems it's PS4 only, at least for now.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I just posted about this the other day wondering what happened to it and hoping for a shadow drop. Only a month away and then some...I'll take it! Had my eye on this one since those first gifs of the main character running through sand dunes in a lightning storm. Can't wait to play it.

edit: Just saw the new trailer, wow the art style is SO good...looks like a generational leap from the similar painterly style used in Rime...way more complex with the geometry, and that terrain and structure morphing effect looks brilliant. Gimme.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Vane was first announced PC-only in 2014
in 2017 was confirmed for PS4
Now it's PS4 timed exclusive.

What a joke.

Oct 27, 2017
I swear that I first caught a glimpse of this at the 2015 VGAs or am I wrongly remembering that? Been wondering where it's been for a while now. January is FUCKING STACKED. I can't handle it.

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the art style saw a trailer for this what feels like years ago. I don't normally buy indie games but this is one looks like a must buy.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Vane was first announced PC-only in 2014
in 2017 was confirmed for PS4
Now it's PS4 timed exclusive.

What a joke.
Maybe they needed some help to finish the game? You mad it's not PC only? If there were no one to help but Sony, then that's a good thing. It's still coming to PC and will probably make its multiplat rounds. . . Let the game live.

Game looks Incredible, but I have to see more. I'll wait for the launch trailer to make a decision on this.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Maybe they needed some help to finish the game? You mad it's not PC only? If there were no one to help but Sony, then that's a good thing. It's still coming to PC and will probably make its multiplat rounds. . . Let the game live.

Game looks Incredible, but I have to see more. I'll wait for the launch trailer to make a decision on this.

No i'm pissed because the game was announced for PC and now it's a PS4 timed exclusive, if they wanted additional fund why did they wait 3 years to announce a PS4 version and another year to announce PS4 timed exclusivity?

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see much in common with TLG but it looks great and I'm definitely planning to buy it if reviews are decent.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Two days before YIIK and about ten days or so before REmake 2. Daaamn, January is packing heat.

I hope this is good. I was always interested in it purely because of those Ueda comparisons and little else, but that's all the reason I need to have my interest piqued.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
No i'm pissed because the game was announced for PC and now it's a PS4 timed exclusive, if they wanted additional fund why did they wait 3 years to announce a PS4 version and another year to announce PS4 timed exclusivity?

Complete development shifted to the PS4 most likely. Being pissed at the devs is particularly strange in this case, they don't owe you anything.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Who knows? They probably needed help and held out for that long. It doesn't automatically make em dirt bags, lol. Stuff happens..

Do you not have a ps4? Although I can understand not wanting to split libraries too. I hate that.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Complete development shifted to the PS4 most likely. Being pissed at the devs is strange in this case, they don't owe you anything.

Strange? If the "complete development shifted" why didn't they announce the PS4 version exclusivity earlier? It's not hard to put a blog or a tweet and talk about exclusivity, the PS4 version was announced 1 year ago, now they announced the release date and puff, no PC, only PS4 for now.

Who knows? They probably needed help and held out for that long. It doesn't automatically make em dirt bags, lol. Stuff happens..

Do you not have a ps4? Although I can understand not wanting to split libraries too. I hate that.

I have a PS4 but i don't buy digital on consoles.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Strange? If the "complete development shifted" why didn't they announce the PS4 version exclusivity earlier? It's not hard to put a blog or a tweet and talk about exclusivity, the PS4 version was announced 1 year ago, now they announced the release date and puff, no PC, only PS4 for now.

I have a PS4 but i don't buy digital on consoles.

PlayStation version was announced 2 years ago. The game isn't exclusive to PS4, devs are going to tackle the PC version now. As for a tweet, well you got one now, be it late.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Last Guardian relationship actually has merit; an artist on Last Guardian went on to direct this, or something to that effect.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
This is from former Team Ico people correct? Wasn't really that interested in the Kinda Funny thing but gaining hype